Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 953: Hersheypark teasing 2019 addition!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 pm

With it being a Saturday with great weather, rain tomorrow and discounted Springtime in the Park admission, I thought the park was going to be extremely crowded and wasn't even considering going until I saw the wait times a few hours after opening and that they weren't that bad and decided to go to the park at the last minute. Most coasters were 20 - 30 minute waits, with some like Lightning Racer almost a walk on and the usual longer waits like Laff Trakk at an hour. I was expecting to open up the app and see 90 minute - 2 hour waits.

Coal Cracker was open. That was a nice surprise with the warm weather.

Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge's single rider line is now a Fast Track line.

The Hershey drop tower was not running in combo mode and was running in Space Shot mode which I had never seen before.

Sidewinder and Trailblazer were closed, when riding Storm Runner I saw a mechanic working at the side of Trailblazer's lift hill. I happened to be right near Storm Runner when it reopened after a breakdown and only had to wait a few minutes.

Almost all rides were running at full capacity, 4 trains at Lightning Racer, 2 trains at Storm Runner.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby tanthonyam » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Unfortunately it has been confirmed. No Fast Track unlimited will be offered. I hope next weekend (27 and 28) FRI and Sat will be ok and I wont even need it.

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:22 pm

^Very disappointing that they would advertise it and then take it away. It's not like people accidentally found some part of their site that wasn't supposed to be live--they had been actively marketing it.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Well that's unexpected. Is there any particular reason for this?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby tanthonyam » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:56 pm

I called the park and asked, they did not know anything about it.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby amy_mel » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:33 am

tanthonyam wrote:Unfortunately it has been confirmed. No Fast Track unlimited will be offered. I hope next weekend (27 and 28) FRI and Sat will be ok and I wont even need it.

Schools are still in session so Friday might not terrible but Saturday will probably be crazy.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:08 am

tanthonyam wrote:I called the park and asked, they did not know anything about it.

Uhhhh.. were you like "You posted it on your f*cking website?" :lol:

This is lame. Lamer than them just not offering it all. How you gonna tease us Hershey? :?r

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Sluggo77 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:39 am

First time here in a long time and I forgot to look. Does anyone know if there are any single rider lines and if so which rides? Thanks in advance.

Postby prozach626 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:21 am

I also called and asked about it and I was told that at this time they would not be offering the fast track unlimited and were unsure if it would be offered this season. It seemed like a calculated response telling me that the park is still debating the option.

Either way, I then decided to be 'that guy' and I told them I wanted to lodge a complaint. I explained that we moved our trip from the slow season, starting in late May, to the beginning of July with the intention of being able to use the Fast Track Unlimited. She advised she would sent it to the appropriate department and at my request she said I would be contacted. That was Tuesday and I haven't heard anything.

We almost always use fast pass systems when we go to parks we have to travel to. This really was is a buzz kill for us.

Postby YoshiFan » Fri May 04, 2018 9:48 am

Sluggo77 wrote:First time here in a long time and I forgot to look. Does anyone know if there are any single rider lines and if so which rides? Thanks in advance.

No rides have single rider lines. Reese's Extreme Cup Challenge did have one but they changed it to a Fast Track line this season.
Last edited by YoshiFan on Fri May 04, 2018 10:37 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!