sooperdooperlooper, bottom of the stairs

Skyrush, bottom of stairs?

Great Bear, right outside the station

Trailblazer, exit with rows blocked off

Storm Runner, bottom of the stairs

Sidewinder, right outside the station

Fahrenheit, either the top or bottom of the steps

Wild Mouse, ramp to the station

Lightning Racer, in the middle of the ramp to the station, maybe 15 feet from the loading area

Wildcat, end of the switchbacks before the ramp

I think you're right. Though Fahrenheit can't be the top of the steps because once you're at the top you're dumped into rows. There's absolutely no lines or switchback in that station.

THIS IS HUGE!!!

HERSHEY HAS UNLIMITED FAST TRACK NOW!!!!!

Choose Your Fast Track Pass Experience:

Fast Track Pass*

Skip the line one time per day on each ride

Available from $65

Unlimited Fast Track Pass*

Skip the line unlimited times per day on each ride

Available from $110

Fast Track Pass access is available on the following Hersheypark attractions:

Great Bear®

Laff TrakkSM

Skyrush®

Storm Runner®

sooperdooperLooper®

Fahrenheit®

CometSM

SidewinderSM

Lightning Racer®

WildcatSM

Wild Mouse

Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge®

TrailblazerSM

Hershey Triple TowerTM

Dude, you're my FFFFing hero! Seriously, you just made my day, despite me being late to the news.

$110? . . . That's it? . . . I laugh at this!

But seriously, I think it's a great thing! I've paid more for a Platinum Flash Pass at Magic Mountain ($145 if I remember correctly), and I did it why: FOR CONVENIENCE!

I understand that some people complain about the price. Others complain that this service is towards the "rich." In my honest opinion, I love it! True, I'm single . . . True, I don't have any kids . . . BUT . . . I'm not wealthy either. I have to work a job just like everyone else do. I keep my bills at a minimum, and I'm 27 with no debt! My hobby: I LOVE THEME PARKS! So, I save up the extra funds to purchase whatever Flash Pass, Fast Track, or whatever to get on the rides soon as I can. The keyword is "SAVE!"

Don't get me wrong, I will wait in line if need be, but if I'm able to skip a long line, then yes, I'm paying for it. I've gotten mean looks, and some people even said smart remarks as I walk by, but at the end of the day YOU have the same opportunity just like I did to save up the extra funds. With a great coaster lineup that Hersheypark has, who wouldn't pay for it!

You sir...are a very smart, young man - great post!!!!

However, I do concede that this is a great thing for singles, couples and families

So... everyone?

It's just nice to have the option. I've been to Hershey the last three Octobers, once on a Friday, once on a Sunday, then on a Saturday. Friday was a ghosttown and I had the run of the place, Sunday was light and waits were small to nonexistent. The Saturday was very busy with the big dogs (and Laff Trakk) 30-60 minutes all day. So I just "hung out" and rode a few things that had small waits (I still love the sh*t out of this park and has a great time regardless) but this would have been perfect for me that day. I've managed to find cheap admission to Hershey every year (about $35) so on a day like that I would have jumped at the chance to plunk down $110 to ride whatever without waiting at all. I'm generally an impatient person and do not like waiting in line. I'm a big fan of skip-the-line options. I'm not made of money- I just save up for, and budget for a fast pass at any park I'm traveling to besides my locals. BTW I know I'm fairly close to Hershey but at 2.5 hours its just past the threshold of what I consider a "local" park - its a once a year visit.

This also opens up the possibility of me going during the summer when crowds (so I've heard) get ridiculous. Half the reason I go in October is the lower crowds and cheap admission. The other is the cool weather and pretty trees lol.

edited for spelling lol

Edited by boldikus

However, I do concede that this is a great thing for singles, couples and families

So... everyone?

Specifically vacation-goers. When you only have one shot to make your vacation go smoothly, of course you're going to eliminate variables, such as waits for attractions, with an unlimited line-skip pass. I would honestly be surprised if semi-regulars to Hersheypark dropped on the pass at all. If I were still living in Pennsylvania and could go when I wanted to for a day, I wouldn't spend any money on even the lower, single-ride tier.

I want to officially be the first person in this thread to ask. Here goes:

Will the park be crowded enough in the first week June to benefit from a premium fast pass on a Monday and Tuesday? I don't really marathon rides, but I don't like spending all day in lines. "If you plan right, you can do everything in one day" Doesn't really do it for me.

I mean - with Hershey you really can get in everything without serious waits if you plan for it and you hustle a bit. You just gotta follow the skip Skyrush/SDL etc and head for Fahrenheit/Laff Trakk and work your way clockwise around from there, hitting Skyrush and the front-of-the-park stuff later in the day which will usually have no lines by then.

I can't tell you what the crowds will be like on the day you asked but isn't it nice you have the option to buy this now in the case that its mobbed?

I want to officially be the first person in this thread to ask. Here goes:

Will the park be crowded enough in the first week June to benefit from a premium fast pass on a Monday and Tuesday? I don't really marathon rides, but I don't like spending all day in lines. "If you plan right, you can do everything in one day" Doesn't really do it for me.

My advice to everyone visiting this park is to skip Laff Trakk or (if you insist on riding it) get in line right at closing. If you do that you probably don't need a skip-the-line pass on a Monday or Tuesday in June. If you insist on riding it, just get the one time use thing since it's basically just a Laff Trakk pass.

The ride is a lot of fun, but it's a clone of a ride you've probably ridden elsewhere and unless you stay on property there's no way to avoid waiting a ridiculous amount of time for it. Even if you run there at rope drop, you're still screwed if you don't have Sweet Start and at the end of the day it's an off-the-shelf spinner.

Hey guys, I’m new to Theme Park Review and this is my first post/question.

My preface: For the first time I have a modesty paying job so I did the crazy thing that any coaster boy dose when they first get some free cash I bought two Hershey Park season pass. Now I’m only going to be in the area for 6-8 days while attending Williams Grove Speedway (yes the same one across the street from the defunct amusement park), so I don’t have a lot of time to take my money’s worth.

Question:

1. What is included in the discount book? I’ve been looking for pictures / list of discounts but specifically on admission for guests/friends, and fast trax. I know fast trax probably doesn’t have any discounts but I saw a few hint of 1-3 $20 admission coupon which would help.

2. Are there any unlisted season pass benefits not listed on the Hershey website. I’m not complaining but the season pass is more expensive than those from CedarPoint or Great Adventure.

Thanks for any response, and please be merciful especially with my poor spelling and grammar.

• 3 weeks later...

Holy Crap!! The stars have aligned!!! I am FINALLY getting to make a trip back to Hersheypark! It's only been about a decade since I was last there!!

My question is for those of you who frequent the park... I'll be visiting the park the last Friday in April... What are crowds like that time of year? Is it worth the unlimited line skip thing, or should lines be manageable around that time??

I'm super excited to finally be making it back out to the park!! Can't wait to give SkyRush a go!!

Holy Crap!! The stars have aligned!!! I am FINALLY getting to make a trip back to Hersheypark! It's only been about a decade since I was last there!!

My question is for those of you who frequent the park... I'll be visiting the park the last Friday in April... What are crowds like that time of year? Is it worth the unlimited line skip thing, or should lines be manageable around that time??

I'm super excited to finally be making it back out to the park!! Can't wait to give SkyRush a go!!

I would expect crowds to be very bad that day. Fridays in the beginning of the season are Music in the Parks days plus maybe other educational groups. I went on a Friday in May in 2016 when Music in the Parks was there and lines were 30 - 90 minutes for the coasters. I wasn't expecting it to be that crowded because the same music competitions are held at Great Adventure and I have gone there on a Friday in April and May and the park is usually empty on those days.

So... everyone?

Specifically vacation-goers. When you only have one shot to make your vacation go smoothly, of course you're going to eliminate variables, such as waits for attractions, with an unlimited line-skip pass. I would honestly be surprised if semi-regulars to Hersheypark dropped on the pass at all. If I were still living in Pennsylvania and could go when I wanted to for a day, I wouldn't spend any money on even the lower, single-ride tier.

I agree.

The problem I have with everyone saying "Save!" is that's what I do so I can even go to some of these places. On the other hand, while some are more fortunate in having better income, I'm very fortunate in having great parks nearby with relatively light crowds -- all the more reason I'm not inclined to spend the extra. Considering that fast passes are on top of getting there, getting in and the rest, I definitely do consider them expensive. I don't consider them "for the rich" as the extra park income not coming out of my pocket can be in my benefit. It's hardly the only thing where you you need to think and plan more if you don't have money to throw at the problem.

Another thing is, if I had a choice between going to a park on a light crowds day or a free fastpass, I'd still prefer the lighter crowds. 20 minutes from the merge point? I waited 20 minutes or more for less than 1% of my rides last year. Multiple rerides, solo rides, walk on front row rides? None of those are features of fast pass.

I'm thinking of going to Hersheypark Sun/Mon in late June and trying to find reasonably priced hotels in the area seems to be nigh impossible. Does anyone have any suggestions where to stay, preferable within 20-30min drive.

HP owned properties are around prices I would expect of high-end Disney hotels.

Thank you

^Very expensive, yet. However, our upcoming two night stay at Hershey Lodge for $250/night including 2-day stay and play is still much less expensive than Cedar Point. It's not bad considering the 2 day stay and play.

So... everyone?

I agree.

The problem I have with everyone saying "Save!" is that's what I do so I can even go to some of these places. On the other hand, while some are more fortunate in having better income, I'm very fortunate in having great parks nearby with relatively light crowds -- all the more reason I'm not inclined to spend the extra. Considering that fast passes are on top of getting there, getting in and the rest, I definitely do consider them expensive. I don't consider them "for the rich" as the extra park income not coming out of my pocket can be in my benefit. It's hardly the only thing where you you need to think and plan more if you don't have money to throw at the problem.

Another thing is, if I had a choice between going to a park on a light crowds day or a free fastpass, I'd still prefer the lighter crowds. 20 minutes from the merge point? I waited 20 minutes or more for less than 1% of my rides last year. Multiple rerides, solo rides, walk on front row rides? None of those are features of fast pass.

Are we sure the merge points are 20 minutes from the station? I've heard contradicting accounts.

It depends on the ride, how many trains are running and the employee at the merge point. At Comet, sometimes they keep the ramp going into the station empty, most times they let the ramp fill up although even at the bottom of the ramp it's a 10 minute wait with 2 trans running. Storm Runner is going to be almost 15 minutes even with 2 trains running. Last fall the line was just a little further back where the merge point was and it took 25 minutes with 1 train. Wildcat has a "30 minute wait from here" sign from the merge point if the ramp is completely full (I was never there last year when the line was up to that point to see if they let it fill up or not anymore). Others like Great Bear are almost right outside the station. sooperdooperlooper is going to be around 15 minutes from the merge point with 2 trains running.

^Very expensive, yet. However, our upcoming two night stay at Hershey Lodge for $250/night including 2-day stay and play is still much less expensive than Cedar Point. It's not bad considering the 2 day stay and play.

AND the free shuttle from the Lodge to front gate (ie: no parking fee, and no hassle, they drop you right outside the main gate between Chocolate World and HP entrance).

also extra time in the park (at least we got in an hour early when we went a couple of years ago). . and VERY good restaurants on site. I suggest the more upscale restaurant for some great food, tho the burgers in the sports bar were great too.

the breakfast in the sit down cafe was "acceptable", but the grab and go from the attached coffeeshop was just as decent, and quicker.

and the chocolate martini in the main bar in the lobby. . . only nasty for the 1st sip, then tasted really good!

unless you really don't mind kids? I'd suggest avoiding the indoor pool.

but yeah, we really liked Hershey Lodge too, and would gladly stay there again.

and the chocolate martini in the main bar in the lobby. . . only nasty for the 1st sip, then tasted really good!.

Noted! I'm definitely not afraid to be the guy ordering a chocolate martini. I like them as desert/after dinner/night cap drinks.

So... everyone?

I agree.

Are we sure the merge points are 20 minutes from the station? I've heard contradicting accounts.

It was a generalized statement about fast pass systems, not specific info on Hershey, the 20 min. number is from a mention of CP here (vs. the OLD HP system). It does seem about right for the distance from the merge on Wildcat, the only one I even noticed due to the bored guy sitting there, but it would depend on how many people they let through, they could cut it as soon as the line peeks out of the station.

^Yeah, not all fast pass systems are created equal. Some of the best I've experienced are at Cedar Fair's larger parks. You get the most out of your money at parks like King's Island, Carowinds, and King's Dominion. It seems like every queue goes right into the station and you're on the rides almost immediately. At King's Island, the longest I've had to wait to get into the station was even during the haunt was 10 minutes, when the average wait time was well over an hour.

Again, I keep seeing really mixed reviews on HP, which is probably why we will do our first day without it and play it by ear the second. I'm a spoiled rotten douche, so if I'm not on a ride within ten minutes of entering the queue with a fast pass, I'm not satisfied. CP's FL+ left a lot to be desired vs. our normal FL+ during our visit or two per year at KI.

(KI fanboy)

There are music competitions for schools either close to the park or in some cases in the park and then afterwards, the students spend time after the competition at the park. The awards ceremonies are also sometimes held in the parks (I know at Great Adventure they use the old stunt arena for that).

Locations and days are listed here:

http://www.musicintheparks.com/WhereWhen

The 27th is also Math Day

http://www.hersheypark.com/groups/schools.php

• 2 weeks later...
So is a little side trip to Knoebel's worth it from Hershey? How much time would I need there? Does not look far in Google Maps. A little more than 1 hour.

Biased non-answer: Who cares about Hersheypark when Knoebels is an hour away?

Unbiased answer: If you're making a two-day trip out of it, yes. You can have a "good" experience at Knoebels in half a day if it isn't super-crowded, and they have one of the most unique selections of attractions in the entire United States (fantastic wooden coaster in the Phoenix, unique Flying Turns, classic Black Diamond and Haunted Mansion, among others).

What I've found to be most meaningful as a former local is to start day 1 at Knoebels, then drive to Hersheypark in the mid-afternoon or early evening, and use the "preview" feature of your Hersheypark ticket in the later evening to casually ride stuff you think will be crowded the next day. Then day 2 you spend it all at Hersheypark, Hershey's Chocolate World, etc. Total 2 or 3 nights depending on how long your drive is.