TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

We visited Hersheypark today and the Claw was taken down. There are new supports and metal structure for a green ride. Maybe a new and improved Claw?

Wow, that's a bummer, the Claw was one of our favorite flats at Hershey. I wonder what's going on with it?

Hopefully whatever they're doing will improve the loading cycle.

Those restraints are terrible because they have to hit all green lights in order to start the cycle. I appreciate that the lights are there for safety reasons obviously, but it just isn't a very efficient set-up, IMO.

It's inevitable that for every dispatch, they have at least two people with a restraint light that won't turn green - so you have the ride op's reefing down on the restraint in order to get the green light. This has happened every time that I have ever ridden The Claw and that's why I won't ride it if the line looks to be more than a 15 minute wait...because that 15 minute wait easily turns into a 1/2 hour (or more) because of the long loading cycle.

In terms of the ride itself though, I love it - great fun!

I'm curious as to what the green structure is. Hoping it's a new claw that I can comfortably ride at 6"7'

The Claw is just getting repainted and some maintenance done. Unsure if a new light package is included. I think I saw the arm of the claw in the parking lot, and it was purple.

I'm curious as to what the green structure is. Hoping it's a new claw that I can comfortably ride at 6"7'

By what I've understood (and if my conversions from metres are correct) the max height for most manufacturers for riders is 6.5 feet so you're probably just out of luck on that department

I suspect that maximum height requirements are 6 feet, 5 inches because, for all these European ride manufacturers, 2 meters (78.7") is a nice, round number to create their designs around.

I suspect that maximum height requirements are 6 feet, 5 inches because, for all these European ride manufacturers, 2 meters (78.7") is a nice, round number to create their designs around.

I didn't know if my conversions are correct but by what I've seen the general max height for European manufacturers is either 2 metres or 195cm

No Chick Fil A anywhere, ever will be open on Sunday. Even Chick Fil A restaurants in sporting venues are closed on Sundays during games. It's just their thing...

The day after the Pulse shooting here in Orlando, the local Chick-fil-a made national news. The staff and managers came in on a Sunday, fired up the fryers, and made food for the people waiting in lines to donate blood. It was definitely a One-time thing, but it made me like the company a little better than I did.