SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 604 - Infinity Falls Ride Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 749
Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Location: The Big Guava
Gender: Male
Age: 15

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 am

Gotta say, this looks way better than I expected. I'm not a huge rapids fan either, but this looks so well themed and landscaped, and holy crap you pass by flamingos not thirty seconds into the ride. Can't wait to get over to the park in a few weeks to give it a spin, we've still got like a month of hot weather in Florida. ;)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!
 
Posts: 101
Joined: 23 Jul 2013
Gender: None specified

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby TexasParkman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:22 pm

I have to say this. Like with any site, there are things on this site that I like and some I just tolerate. My favorite thing on this site is Rob and Family ENJOYING rides and attractions. There is so much criticism of Parks and Rides. I really like seeing People having a good time and enjoying things for what they are, not what "they should be". This looks like a great ride and just fun. Thanks for making me smile Rob!

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 47643
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:38 pm

TexasParkman wrote:I have to say this. Like with any site, there are things on this site that I like and some I just tolerate. My favorite thing on this site is Rob and Family ENJOYING rides and attractions. There is so much criticism of Parks and Rides. I really like seeing People having a good time and enjoying things for what they are, not what "they should be". This looks like a great ride and just fun. Thanks for making me smile Rob!


:nina:

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 207
Joined: 07 Feb 2017
Location: Maryland
Gender: Male
Age: 44

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby MisterBrow » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:53 pm

robbalvey wrote:
TexasParkman wrote:I have to say this. Like with any site, there are things on this site that I like and some I just tolerate. My favorite thing on this site is Rob and Family ENJOYING rides and attractions. There is so much criticism of Parks and Rides. I really like seeing People having a good time and enjoying things for what they are, not what "they should be". This looks like a great ride and just fun. Thanks for making me smile Rob!


:nina:


Like THE DUDE can always just abide and be like F' it lets go bowling.

This isn't a place for thin skinned people- but in the end, we're a family that can just abide and be like F' it lets go ride a coaster.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: 21 Nov 2012
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm

^ ^^ ^^^ I take it I missed something. :?r

Anywho, Infinity Falls actually looks like a lot of fun! Most of my experience with rapids rides is limited to Congo Rapids at SFGAdv, which was one of the first ones ever built (second, I think). Seeing rides such as this one out there help me remember how much potential they actually have. Glad to hear you guys had a blast!
Image
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!
User avatar
 
Posts: 957
Joined: 25 Nov 2009
Location: St Pete Fl
Gender: Male
Age: 103

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:19 pm

We have been putting off our little visit this summer waiting for the Falls to open. Next Friday, here we come ! We haven't been since Mako opened, the real reason for going. The Falls now open is just icing on the cake. Well, that and the fact that it is still in the 90's makes a bit of cooling attractive. (and of course, hitting up Fun Spot Kissimee the night before for a few/many rides on Mine Blower.)

I just made a donkey in No Limits!
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Location: Kent, England
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Rooey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:55 pm

I got to ride this today. Queue was posted at 45 minutes however we got on in 20.

Really enjoyable and some fast pacing in the sections. The smaller drops got us more wet but the lift and the waterfall are a nice touch and the final splashdown is a great visual too.


Didn’t get as soaked at we did on Popeye but then again that can get insane with the soakings!

On another note such a shame Atlantis has dropped the story and at the beginning your boat is just stopped there and you are watching nothing.

Mako was great, aside from the harsh trim up the third or fourth incline .

And Kraken beat the shit out of me! I told my friend who I’m on holiday with it was one of my favourites and came off with a banging headache . Not that it’s a bad ride but it was far more shaky.

All in all a great day!

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 47643
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:30 pm

Rooey wrote:On another note such a shame Atlantis has dropped the story and at the beginning your boat is just stopped there and you are watching nothing.

That ride desperately needs a re-theme and overhaul.

Rooey wrote:And Kraken beat the shit out of me! I told my friend who I’m on holiday with it was one of my favourites and came off with a banging headache . Not that it’s a bad ride but it was far more shaky.

How full was the train? I've had some really hit and miss rides on it lately and I've found that it is far more shaky when the train is more empty.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...
User avatar
 
Posts: 5835
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 am

^ I've noticed inconsistent rides on Kraken recently as well. Not bad by any means, but definitely not AS good. The past few times I've ridden the train has been half full or so.
Image
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Location: Kent, England
Gender: Male
Age: 41

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Rooey » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:53 am

robbalvey wrote:
Rooey wrote:On another note such a shame Atlantis has dropped the story and at the beginning your boat is just stopped there and you are watching nothing.

That ride desperately needs a re-theme and overhaul.

Rooey wrote:And Kraken beat the shit out of me! I told my friend who I’m on holiday with it was one of my favourites and came off with a banging headache . Not that it’s a bad ride but it was far more shaky.

How full was the train? I've had some really hit and miss rides on it lately and I've found that it is far more shaky when the train is more empty.


Yeah I agree Atlantis so needs a retheme. Going on it with someone who hasn’t been on it before and they are just sitting there waiting for something to happen ! It was like “this is awkward where’s the seahorse etc?!”

Well Kraken train was basically empty so that may explain it ? I mean I still love it maybe it was because of that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron