SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 594: Infinity Falls tower structure topped off!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:37 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:If you can wait a few months and can make the deal work for you the past couple of years they have had huge sales on "Blue" (Black) Friday. A few years back when I bought one it was BOGO annual passes and last year it was maybe buy 1 get one half off or something. Might not be the most practical discount if you're buying one for yourself only but if someone goes in on it with you might be a pretty decent savings.

That's fair, I've just been looking for an excuse to get a pass and the thingie tonight seems like a pretty good excuse.

EDIT: Was just looking at buy-one-get-one half off tickets on the website. $150 and then still having to pay for $45 parking between the two parks still makes a pass look like a better buy.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:00 am

Yeah, I've got my fingers crossed for BOGO passes again this year but I doubt that deal will return since the park seems to be doing pretty well. I like the different multi-day ticket options they offer but once you factor in parking they really don't make any sense. $170 for unlimited visits over 14 days seem great but once you pay to park 4 times you've already bought a SWO+BGT+Aquatica pass. I guess you can always Uber on vacation but not as practical for locals.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ragerunner1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:35 am

This ride seems to be getting really close to a soft opening. It has been running multiple rafts and dispatching out of the station at normal 'loading speeds'. The lift issue seems fixed and the drop is working well. Hopefully soon.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:06 am

The construction walls are down for Infinity Falls. A good sign the ride will be opening soon.
www.amusementinsider.com/2018/09/infinity-falls-soft-opening-soon.html
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:09 am

bgtlover wrote:The construction walls are down for Infinity Falls. A good sign the ride will be opening soon.
www.amusementinsider.com/2018/09/infinity-falls-soft-opening-soon.html

Oh, good... nice to see the walls are down on their new for 2018 summer attraction.... in Mid-September... I'll bet it soft opens in the next day or two just so they can say it "opened Summer 2018" :roll:
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:10 am.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am

The ride looks great. I don't understand why it's there or why they think this will draw a single person to the park but I mean... it's pretty.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:48 am

coasterbill wrote:The ride looks great. I don't understand why it's there or why they think this will draw a single person to the park but I mean... it's pretty.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly. I see nothing wrong with this attraction at all. But I can't think of the last time a rapids ride is something that made people go out of their way to create an extra click through a turnstile.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:10 pm

I know this park needs more attractions and I really can't pinpoint what attractions they need . . . but I can say, for sure, a rapids was never in the equation as far as when I think of what they need.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:16 pm

I will say it is nice to see a new rapids ride be built. The usual water rides are becoming less and less common it seems. I doubt anybody in Virginia or wherever is like LETS GO TO FLORIDA FOR THE NEW RAPIDS RIDE but it will be a cool ride to ride whenever I go to SWO for the first time.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Coaster Count: 113

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:20 pm

coasterbill wrote:The ride looks great. I don't understand why it's there or why they think this will draw a single person to the park but I mean... it's pretty.

This. So much. This.

The ride really does look great, and I'm sure it will be fun... But I when I think of people planning a vacation, (both enthusiasts and the general public) I just can't see someone saying "Holy crap Martha! Did you see this new rapids ride at Sea World?? We MUST GO THERE NOW!!!"
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!