SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 594: Infinity Falls tower structure topped off!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:37 am

I've seen pictures, it's definitely gone with a sign saying it's temporarily gone. Good Riddance!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:07 am

SharkTums wrote:I've seen pictures, it's definitely gone with a sign saying it's temporarily gone. Good Riddance!

They're just getting ready to send it over to Kumba. ;) ;)
I hope this joke doesn't get me killed

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 am

^ Blasphemy ! Heretic ! The Coaster Gods are not amused ! ;)

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:32 am

Garet wrote:
SharkTums wrote:I've seen pictures, it's definitely gone with a sign saying it's temporarily gone. Good Riddance!

They're just getting ready to send it over to Kumba. ;) ;)
I hope this joke doesn't get me killed

In all seriousness, I'm seriously ecstatic that this is happening. I kinda liked the VR, but seeing fast dispatches on Kraken again is kind of a dream come true. :Pr
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby VegasBaby » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:40 am

I couldn't agree more, I can't wait to ride Kraken without the VR again. I really hope this VR on coasters trend dies out soon. It really doesn't add anything to the ride and the dispatch times are beyond horrible.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Fu11 Throttle
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 pm

I’m glad that it’s gone! VR was a fun idea, but I’ve never seen it pulled off well.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:28 pm

jray21 wrote:

I’m glad that it’s gone! VR was a fun idea, but I’ve never seen it pulled off well.

I think the execution is usually well done, but VR should NEVER be used on a flagship coaster. It's a mess.
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Details for the Happy Harbor Overhaul into Sesame Street:
Happy Harbor Overhaul SeaWorld Orlando/

Partial quote from the article:

Based on site plans, attractions that will be removed as part of the renovation include the large Net Climb structure, Water Works, and Fun Ship. The Seven Seas Railway, a children’s train ride, will be relocated from its current position and will feature a reconfigured track layout when it reopens.

Attractions slated to remain include Shamu Express, Flying Fiddler, Jazzy Jellies, Ocean Commotion, Sea Carousel, and Swishie Fishies. It’s highly likely each of these attractions will be rethemed and renamed to fit in with Sesame Street. Also staying put are the Baby Care, First Aid, and Restroom buildings on the east side of the area.

Along with the relocated railway, it appears at least one new children’s flat ride will be installed as part of the overhaul. Plans also appear to show a second attraction of some kind, possibly a play or interaction area between the new attraction and the railway.

Visible in the plans is the new pathway theming – meant to look like a real street, complete with crosswalks. With the removal of the main pathway outside of the current Happy Harbor area, all guest traffic will be directed through the new Sesame Street area.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:29 am

To me this is a no-brainer. Why have a kids area themed to a damaged brand when you could theme it to the strongest intellectual property you own and actually market it and sell some merchandise?

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 am

coasterbill wrote:To me this is a no-brainer. Why have a kids area themed to a damaged brand when you could theme it to the strongest intellectual property you own and actually market it and sell some merchandise?

Just curious, Outside of Sesame Place; Do any of the Busch/SeaWorld parks market/advertise that they have the Sesame Street characters? I don't remember SeaWorld San Diego or Busch Gardens Williamsburg advertising them.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!