SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 578: Kraken Unleashed Media Preview photos & video posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:02 pm

SharkTums wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote: I mean an 85 foot drop is pretty significant and should feel pretty wild spinning in a rapids raft.

40' drop off an 85' tall tower. Still world's tallest, but don't get your hopes up for that crazy!

Seems like it's been forever since a park has built a major rapids ride, so I like this announcement.

I am stupid.

Postby I love pie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Infinity Falls and Mako really make me wish that SWO was my home park

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 pm

I love pie wrote:Infinity Falls and Mako really make me wish that SWO was my home park

I live 15 minutes away and between the festivals,riding my new favorite coaster Mako and their new pass holder dining plan I'm at the park at least 2-3 times a week.Mako without a doubt is an amazing coaster that's as rerideable and as fun as a coaster gets.Dolphin Days is solid,the music in Blue Horizons was more emotional while Dolphin Days is more fun but Dolphin Days has a bit more activity from the dolphins with the trainers giving us info about the dolphins.Does anyone know if Kraken is getting a paint job,I see the new red/orange logo and I think it would be cool to see this coaster with a more aggressive paint scheme than the teal/yellow its had all its life,red and orange would be awesome.I'm also wondering if the hospitality house/passholder lounge building is totally getting removed for Infinity Falls,its a beautiful area and I think it would be great if they could build the ride and incorporate the building and area into the ride but I also know its not a huge footprint so I'm assuming the whole area is getting leveled,does anyone know for sure,the building does also hold a restaurant used on busier times??

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:42 am

^The building used for the lounge is staying. It will be re-themed into the new area.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 am

Not sure if going with Intamin is a good idea. I'm guessing it was 1/2 off cause of Falcon's Fury. I would've bet on Mack (I know Mack doesn't build Rapids rides but I'm sure they could, Or Zamperla)
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:54 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Not sure if going with Intamin is a good idea. I'm guessing it was 1/2 off cause of Falcon's Fury. I would've bet on Mack (I know Mack doesn't build Rapids rides but I'm sure they could, Or Zamperla)

People can say whatever they want to about Intamin, and lord knows I have. But raft rides are pretty much something they do better than anyone else.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:42 am

Zamperla? Mack?

If a park was to get a rapids ride there's a high chance it would be Hafema or Intamin. Especially since they do it the best. I actually originally thought this was going to be a hafema since it said it has a vertical lift like river quest at phantasialand.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Cyrbuzz » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:34 am

Now there will be two parks in the company in Florida with elevator lifts. The other park of course Busch Gardens with Cobras Curse.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby colinx » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 am

Cyrbuzz wrote:Now there will be two parks in the company in Florida with elevator lifts. The other park of course Busch Gardens with Cobras Curse.

Make that three, SeaWorld San Diego's Journey to Atlantis.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby bgtlover » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:18 am

colinx wrote:
Cyrbuzz wrote:Now there will be two parks in the company in Florida with elevator lifts. The other park of course Busch Gardens with Cobras Curse.

Make that three, SeaWorld San Diego's Journey to Atlantis.

That's not in Florida...
Current Coaster Count: 82
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!