SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 584: Seven Seas Food Festival media preview report posted
Users viewing this topic: cal1br3tto and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Jman0477 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 pm

Any updates on Infinity Falls, I haven't heard much about it, Park says opening spring but news channels in Orlando now say summer

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:14 am

^The park has always said Summer. They have finally gone vertical recently and have most of the troughs done. Even a bit of rock work is done in certain areas and the station appears to be getting it's roof. There is still a whole lot of work to be done. I'll be surprised if it's open before July 4th. There are pictures if you search for them. I would share them, but they appear to be drone pics, and not sure from where they were taken.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Dombot wrote:
-FINALLY bit the bullet and rode Mako in the front seat for the first time thanks to Boldikus and Coasterbill's recommendations, and... holy crap. While the back is definitely better down the first drop and is a bit more forceful on those final turns, front is absolutely my new go-to. Insanely strong floater, borderline ejector even, on the first few hills, and the view down the first drop is INCREDIBLE. Gives off SheiKra vibes, except way more intimidating with no OTSR on your body. So good. Gets me hyped to try out Apollo's Chariot since the last time I went to the park (2013) to compare the two. :airtimer:

:nina: :nina:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Was just there last week, and it looks like they have a ways to go.
20180404_121758.jpg
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Postby thrillrider » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:57 pm

Quick question...
Does anybody know why they removed the Kraken eggs at the exit of the coaster?
We noticed this last week, and wondering why they are gone.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:25 pm

thrillrider wrote:Quick question...

Those were actually cocoons that were being watched by Kraken. See, Godzilla is going to attack the Willis tower here in Chicago any minute now and Rahm paid SeaWorld to come up with a defense solution. Hopefully, we'll have at least 8 Mothras to keep us safe here from the impending doom of Godzilla.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:29 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
thrillrider wrote:Quick question...

Those were actually cocoons that were being watched by Kraken. See, Godzilla is going to attack the Willis tower here in Chicago any minute now and Rahm paid SeaWorld to come up with a defense solution. Hopefully, we'll have at least 8 Mothras to keep us safe here from the impending doom of Godzilla.

:lmao: :lmao: :nina:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:35 pm

thrillrider wrote:Was just there last week, and it looks like they have a ways to go.

Yes, there is a lot of work left. There is still another section of troughs they have to build after they get through with the crane building the drop (from the looks of it).

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Trackmaster » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 am

I visited this park yesterday and everything was an absolute walk on. Ironically I brought the quick queue, and it was so worthless that the line attendants stopped even checking. I pretty much only used it so that I walk in through the shorter queue and not walk by unused queue lines.

What do you guys think that this mostly attributable to?
1. The fact that it is a Monday (but 71.4% of all days of the week are not on the weekend, so I'm not sure how much weight this holds).
2. The fact that its an inconvenient time of the year for most families... kids are still in school, and finals are coming up, so its not a highly prioritized time of the year to travel.
3. The forecast was for storms... but it always rains in Florida. It'll usually rain for 15-20 minutes and go away, this happens almost daily when the summer starts.
4. The most intriguing option...: has Blackfish and the other smearing against SeaWorld been hurting its imagine and making it less popular?
5. Or.... other? Something I'm not thinking about.

It seems a little odd that the park from what I'm reading is usually pretty deserted. The admission price is still somewhat high, so its not like they're slashing prices to get people in. It pretty much as the undisputed best coaster in Florida (Mako). Orlando is a hub for people to visit to go to parks. Which leads to another intriguing option brought up by The Florida Project:

6. Does Disney dominate Central Florida SO MUCH these days that people are more likely to just stay on Disney's campus these days and more or less never leave to explore the rest of the area?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:35 am

It's a little bit of all of your reasons which all added up to a pretty easy day.

The forecast yesterday was actually for rain all day which is more rare in Florida. Granted, it didn't actually rain for more than about an hour total, but forecasts can change a lot of peoples minds.

All schools are in session around the world this week.

Universal and Disney almost never see these absolute dead days anymore, but this week is pretty quiet.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!