SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 604 - Infinity Falls Ride Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby boldikus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:00 am

Sounds like an awesome day. I enjoyed the park, the rides, the crowds, etc much more than expected. There isn't really anything to not like about SWO, can't wait to eventually go back.

Also as far as the Mako front/back seat debate up above, front right hand side all the way.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:49 am

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing Sesame Street will be coming to the park in Spring 2019 along with the park's first ever parade!

Today, SeaWorld Orlando shared exciting details on a brand-new themed land, opening Spring 2019. Families will be able to walk down Sesame Street for the very first time as Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando brings the world famous street to park guests, connecting them to all of the fun, laugher and learning of Sesame Street.

114F6F07-A02E-4166-BD8B-40B87751752A.jpeg

“We are excited to transport our guests into the colorful and creative world of Sesame Street through immersive theming, character interactions and interactive play,” said SeaWorld Orlando President Jim Dean. “Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is an amazing addition to our park, providing more unique and memorable experiences for the entire family.”

A9AD2D2E-EE2F-496B-AE74-7A7F693D4E52.jpeg

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando Highlights:
  • Explore: Guests will explore the iconic neighborhood as they walk through Abby Cadabby’s garden, visit Mr. Hooper’s store, stop by Big Bird’s nest, sit on the famous 123 stoop and meet their favorite friends from Sesame Street including Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird.
  • Celebrate: Elmo and his furry friends, along with parade dancers will invite guests to join the party on Sesame Street daily during SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever parade.
  • Play: The immersive area will feature exciting rides, wet and dry play areas and interactive experiences designed to entertain the entire family.

“In partnering with Sesame Workshop, we are creating a land for guests to make an authentic connection that can only be found in hugging a furry friend or reading a book with Big Bird,” shared Amanda Trauger, Experience Design Manager for SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.

Construction on Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is currently underway. The new themed area will be located on the south end of the park, where Happy Harbor currently stands.

For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.SeaWorldOrlando.com. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest event details and information.
1E3EA92B-3116-420F-A5B0-30F4940D44CA.jpeg
5134E89C-4E60-47F5-83F3-0E08A88FE54B.jpeg
CAD9AC1D-FE39-4208-A65B-0A68D36CEAD3.jpeg
30BB4B64-9B6B-4D82-B06F-5056FE0332F3.jpeg
C3EFE944-2E2A-4BBB-89CE-663D52F83E6A.jpeg
E3081E9F-E3C5-4215-914A-518A7CDBB6EB.jpeg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Wed May 02, 2018 8:14 am

Looks like from the picture, Shamu Express will be painted dark purple, and get a different train with different color cars...I'm guessing the Oscar Wacky Taxi theme will replace Shamu.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri May 04, 2018 4:08 am

The Geek Mojo wrote:Looks like from the picture, Shamu Express will be painted dark purple, and get a different train with different color cars...I'm guessing the Oscar Wacky Taxi theme will replace Shamu.

I bet you're wrong and it's Air Grover.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 04, 2018 4:55 am

I imagine it won't be Grover's Alpine Express.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ragerunner1 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:03 am

Great addition to the park. 2019 is going to be a MASSIVE year in central Florida. Harry Potter coaster, Terminator 2 replacement, Sesame Street area and parade, Galaxy Edge, Mickey and Minnie's Railway, a new coaster being rumored for Busch Gardens and I am sure something significant at Legoland. Man the crowds are going to be over the top. I also think Fun Spot will try and get a piece of the pie as well.
Plus there could be a new water park with the Margaritaville Resort opening next summer as well.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Fri May 04, 2018 9:30 am

Hey hey hey, lookie here! Did not expect to see an announcement this soon, looks like an awesome improvement over Happy Harbor.

One thing that does strike me weird is that they didn't put any theming into the area that's related to the park. Not a complaint by any means, but it does kind of stick out to me. I mean, BGT has the Safari theme, BGW has the forest/kingdom/whatever theme, and the other two SeaWorlds (San Antonio and San Diego) have Bay of Play... what stopped them from just doing an ocean theme? I'd imagine that they could also save a ton from keeping some existing structures if they took that route (i.e. the ship and the Sea Carousel). Again, not complaining, but it does feel a bit odd to me. :?r
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri May 04, 2018 11:34 am

This is a great move. It's nice to see the chain really latching on to their strongest IP (finally).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri May 04, 2018 12:56 pm

This expansion sounds great but it's kind of a bummer that they have to close Shamu Express and the train ride from now until 2019. Wish there was a way to work around it and keep them open for the summer season.

(I'm pretty sure I read they were closing, neither ride is currently listed on the website)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DolphinzRock » Mon May 07, 2018 9:20 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release announcing Sesame Street will be coming to the park in Spring 2019 along with the park's first ever parade!

Today, SeaWorld Orlando shared exciting details on a brand-new themed land, opening Spring 2019. Families will be able to walk down Sesame Street for the very first time as Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando brings the world famous street to park guests, connecting them to all of the fun, laugher and learning of Sesame Street.

114F6F07-A02E-4166-BD8B-40B87751752A.jpeg

“We are excited to transport our guests into the colorful and creative world of Sesame Street through immersive theming, character interactions and interactive play,” said SeaWorld Orlando President Jim Dean. “Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is an amazing addition to our park, providing more unique and memorable experiences for the entire family.”

A9AD2D2E-EE2F-496B-AE74-7A7F693D4E52.jpeg

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando Highlights:
  • Explore: Guests will explore the iconic neighborhood as they walk through Abby Cadabby’s garden, visit Mr. Hooper’s store, stop by Big Bird’s nest, sit on the famous 123 stoop and meet their favorite friends from Sesame Street including Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird.
  • Celebrate: Elmo and his furry friends, along with parade dancers will invite guests to join the party on Sesame Street daily during SeaWorld Orlando’s first-ever parade.
  • Play: The immersive area will feature exciting rides, wet and dry play areas and interactive experiences designed to entertain the entire family.

“In partnering with Sesame Workshop, we are creating a land for guests to make an authentic connection that can only be found in hugging a furry friend or reading a book with Big Bird,” shared Amanda Trauger, Experience Design Manager for SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment.

Construction on Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is currently underway. The new themed area will be located on the south end of the park, where Happy Harbor currently stands.

For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.SeaWorldOrlando.com. Follow SeaWorld on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest event details and information.

Um, don't quote me on this, but doesn't BGW have a Sesame Place park in the documents, that's already a lot of money spent right now. Knowing SEAS isn't doing too well financially.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!