SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 578: Kraken Unleashed Media Preview photos & video posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby The Geek Mojo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:43 am

Well, I'm sad to see these shows change, but I'm still going to buy a SeaWorld platnium pass and visit several of their parks around the country this year and give the company my support. I've always loved SeaWorld and Busch Gardens and hope they can turn things around financially. Hopefully 2017 is the year they bounce back!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:19 am

gisco wrote:
As for what to do about attendance? Maybe $28.00 for two hot dogs, two bags of chips and two sodas is a bit much?

Yeah, considering that SeaWorld's food has never been all that good.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Married a Canadian » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:54 pm

Just got back from our annual trip to Florida, managed to get to SeaWorld this time to try out "Mako".
I did appreciate that even Florida tried to make me feel as though I was back home in Scotland...and so rained for the day we went to the park....which minus the heat....was just like the motherland!!! The upside to this was the park was very quiet, so gave me a few different rides with no wait.

I enjoyed Mako, rode front, middle and back. I enjoyed the front the most but probably because the rain was pretty heavy at this point and it made for a different ride experience being pelted by raindrops at 60+ mph! It was an incredibly smooth ride and was getting good reports from the riders that day ( a lot of Brits over on holiday).
Manta was also walk on all day, I love flyers.....so Manta is always fun.....no different this time.

Regarding the food, we did the "all day dining" which was nothing more than "OK"...but my gripe was the children's options that they give with this. We went to the Fajita restaurant for supper and yet Fajitas weren't included as a kids option...just "mac and cheese" or "chicken nuggets"!!! I would have thought that some kids "might" want a bit more choice than that...especially in a place that is offering something that is hardly what you would call "exotic". I was not overly impressed...and doubt we will do it again.

Loved our trip as always (did Disney and a Disney cruise). We will be back next February as always...when usually we should be shivering away in the frozen north. They broke all sort of temperature records this year though while we were away (heat wise)! The folks from Pennsylvania we bumped into were joking that FLorida was colder than Philadelphia!!!
Top 10 1 X2 2 Tatsu 3 Apollo's Chariot 4 Skyrush 5 Maverick 6 Leviathan (front row) 7 Millenium Force
8 YOLOcoaster 9 Manta 10 Saw The ride 11 Mako

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby CoasterGoddess » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm bring guests to SeaWorld Orlando and want to know which dolphin show is better: Blue Horizons or Dolphin Days? Blue Horizon ends on March 31 and Dolphin Days begins April 1. Which show is more entertaining? I can being then anytime time from late March or early April, thanks!
I am hoping some here have seen both shows.
"Character matters; leadership descends from character." - Rush Limbaugh

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Dolphin Days vs Blue Horizons, which shows better? SeaWo

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:15 am

Dolphin Days is a new show so it is extremely unlikely that anyone can tell if they prefer it to Blue Horizons.

I don't know your guests, nor do I know more about Dolphins Days than has been released by SeaWorld. You have to decide if your guests prefers a more entertainment driven show (Blue Horizons) or the new show that is more edu-tainment (Dolphin Days).

Dolphins Days announcement
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Living_Dead » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 pm

Apparently Journey to Atlantis reopened after it's refurbishment, but all the figures are motionless and there is only one music track looping through the entirety of the ride.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:08 pm

My guess is the theatrical just has to be reset. Every once in a while it would freak out and do exactly that. Operations department doesn't handle that so sometimes it takes some time to get it to sync back up. Just a guess though. I haven't been to SeaWorld in years. // Source: former JTA host

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:30 pm

^ I stand corrected. Looks like they made some pretty extensive changes to JTA for the worse.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:03 pm

Living_Dead wrote:Apparently Journey to Atlantis reopened after it's refurbishment, but all the figures are motionless and there is only one music track looping through the entirety of the ride.

Please just put that entire storyline out of it's misery. What this thing needs is a Sally Corp refurb.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:22 pm

That really sucks, I'm a big fan of Atlantis (as dated as it is) but this definitely makes it far less appealing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!