SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 578: Kraken Unleashed Media Preview photos & video posted
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:29 am

I think this is a budget cut that they're passing off as a part of their shift from theatrical shows to try to milk a little positive PR out of it. Now they don't have to pay the divers (though I believe they've already cut them) and acrobats and can just use the trainers that they already have on staff. To be fair though, I think it's a smart move and I'm completely okay with it. I sort of prefer the educational format of these shows anyway (though not with Clyde & Seamore... if they f*ck with Clyde & Seamore I'll lose my mind :lol: ).

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:58 am

SharkTums wrote:^&^^ I'm not sure I do get it. I don't think changing all of their shows into educational program type shows is working for reversing their attendance losses. The people that are stupid enough to boycott the park aren't going to magically come back because they changed the dolphin show or the orca show. I feel like Sea World is really in a precarious position right now and they're not quite sure what to do to fix it.

Yeah I meant I get it from the standpoint of it either being a budget cut or as part of their image shift, but I'm with you in that I'm not sure it will do anything to reverse their attendance issues. I'm sure it was frustrating that they opened Mako in a year when Orlando park attendance in general was considered to be somewhat stagnant.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:05 am

SharkTums wrote:^&^^ I'm not sure I do get it. I don't think changing all of their shows into educational program type shows is working for reversing their attendance losses. The people that are stupid enough to boycott the park aren't going to magically come back because they changed the dolphin show or the orca show. I feel like Sea World is really in a precarious position right now and they're not quite sure what to do to fix it.

I don't mind the changes but you're right about the people who are already boycotting. I've had some discussions with people who refuse to go to SeaWorld after the blackfish stuff and having the conversation is pointless because their minds are made up already.

Ringling brothers is not the perfect comparison because they had even more legal issues with states banning them but people complained about the elephants so much but once they were gone attendance reflected that the majority of people were going because of the elephants.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 am

Satans Hockey wrote:I've had some discussions with people who refuse to go to SeaWorld after the blackfish stuff and having the conversation is pointless because their minds are made up already.

Yea, this is why I avoid discussing the subject matter with my sister altogether. She and her boyfriend are hardcore marine life activists and are some of the most Anti-Sea World folks I know. Heck, her boyfriend's cousin is Eli Despres, the co-writer and editor of Blackfish. Imagine having THAT in the family while being a big theme park geek. There's no point in having any conversation with them on the subject matter because it's just gonna drive rifts into the family, so we've learned to never bring it up again.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:48 am

michaellynn4 wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:I've had some discussions with people who refuse to go to SeaWorld after the blackfish stuff and having the conversation is pointless because their minds are made up already.

Yea, this is why I avoid discussing the subject matter with my sister altogether. She and her boyfriend are hardcore marine life activists and are some of the most Anti-Sea World folks I know. Heck, her boyfriend's cousin is Eli Despres, the co-writer and editor of Blackfish. Imagine having THAT in the family while being a big theme park geek. There's no point in having any conversation with them on the subject matter because it's just gonna drive rifts into the family, so we've learned to never bring it up again.

I imagine that would be awkward at family events...especially while digging into that big, juicy Thanksgiving turkey.

I'll give you $5 if you'd say, "Ya know what would go good with this here turkey? Some good ole' dolphin! Maybe next year, we could have turdolphawhale for Thanksgiving!" :lmao:

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Its sad how groups like PETA are trying to ruin places like Seaworld or circuses. They are just like the college campus SJWs who try to ruin movies,holidays,video games etc. Whats with these lame activists groups trying to ruin all things fun and great?? Not to mention these people are loosing peoples lively hood when they no longer have a job thanks to people like them!
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:50 pm

It's because they believe they're right. It's no surprise, that's how any activist group operates, no matter where their views fall on the political or ideological spectrum.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:47 pm

This country has lost the ability to discuss issues. They are unwilling to listen to opposing views and engage in a productive discussion. They resort to yelling and name calling and in some cases destruction of property.

As for what to do about attendance? Maybe $28.00 for two hot dogs, two bags of chips and two sodas is a bit much?

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby MisterBrow » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:20 pm

I've done Discovery Cove twice, Sea World Orlando four times across my life, caught one of the last elephant Ringling shows, and have my tickets for one of the last Ringling shows this year. Having done the Ringling museum in Sarasota the idea of the circus going extinct is sad. Everyone can have their opinions about animal captivity (at the end of the day it's not good but I'm not seeing these animals, or making the memories, or connections without them) but I know there are more pressing issues with humans than with animals. I can only imagine if the resources and time of the SJWs took on hunger and homelessness there would be many more able to enjoy rollercoasters.
1. Millennium Force 2. Wicked Cyclone 3. Top Thrill Dragster 4. Superman The Ride 5. Boulder Dash

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby BlahBlahson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:21 pm

Seaworld can be so so frustrating. This show was their most well-reviewed in park surveys and well-loved by many. I will never forget the finale where the female lead soars around the stage after riding on the dolphin's back. Pure magic, and it has been my favorite single thing at their park for a while. I'm really missing Believe, Allure and now Blue Horizons.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!