SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 562: Dolphin Days show debuts on April 1st, 2017!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby sirloindude » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:00 pm

I had a front-row lap on Kraken the other day and wow, was that ride battersome. Usually, the front row is the beacon of hope on even the worst rides, but yikes, there was jack-hammering all over that track. I hope that it gets some much-needed TLC when the VR gets installed. It's a solid ride that deserves some care.

But hey! There's always Mako. I have to say, that ride is growing on me. I feel like sitting near the front is practically mandatory to get the most out of the ride, but it's certainly a nice addition to the park and Orlando in general.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:14 am

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:the B&M rattle was bad, and the whole ride was really... tame. :(

Kraken... tame? What?? Granted i haven't been on it the last 3 years, I rode that thing at least 100 times and I would never consider it tame.

As far as the rattle, just go to Seaworld during the viva la musica festival, close your eyes, and pretend you are in a Mariachi band.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby RollerManic » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 pm

It was tame on my visit in December too, but wasn't the first time I rode it. I rode it in June, 2012. Could have just been that it was cooler on a December night than it is during a summer day...
Last edited by RollerManic on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:04 am.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby storms555 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 pm

^Im actually in Florida now.(i've been in Florida since the 15th of this month and will be here until Feb 17th.Getting away from the Chicago winter for a while!) Its pretty warm here. Almost seems like summer :Pr However I know the weather tends to vary here. I heard its suppose to get cooler here next week and I dont know how it will be when I go to Seaworld. Still Im sure Kraken will be a lot fun of regardless. Plus we will be there during the day.
:airtime: =) :airtimer: yay rollercoasters!!! :b

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:23 pm

storms555 wrote:I heard its suppose to get cooler here next week and I dont know how it will be when I go to Seaworld. Still Im sure Kraken will be a lot fun of regardless. Plus we will be there during the day.

Yes. It will be fun regardless. Temperatures can affect coaster speed but it's not as noticeable on rides that don't have airtime hills to be honest. Kraken doesn't have as much speed variability as other rides.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:30 pm

storms555 wrote:I heard its suppose to get cooler here next week and I dont know how it will be when I go to Seaworld. Still Im sure Kraken will be a lot fun of regardless. Plus we will be there during the day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

My visit to SeaWorld yesterday was nothing short of excellent. Short lines, sunny weather, the animals were beautiful - everything for a fantastic day. Here's my day in a nutshell.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:37 am

Great video as always! I always enjoy your vlogs.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:18 pm

coasterbill wrote:Great video as always! I always enjoy your vlogs.

Thank you. I appreciate it!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby parkjunkie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:49 pm

So I just got back from my amazing Orlando trip and Seaworld being one of my visits.

Mako: B&M hypers are my favorite style coasters, and yes, from time to time, I understand how they "lack" intensity... Of course Mako doesn't have an amazing layout, BUT, after riding it, I was blown away. The airtime is by FAR the best out of any of the other B&M hypers I've ridden, which besides Mako are Raging Bull, Diamondback, Behemoth, Goliath SFoG. My first ride I sat in the front row and was shocked by the ejector air, nothing extreme, but much more than floater... and that First overbanked turn coming out of the first drop was great. My second ride was last row, of course the airtime on the back row is always that great "yank over the top" airtime, but I personally thought the airtime in the front row was better.

Kraken: after reading reviews and the opinions of many on here, I will say this. It wasn't a great coaster but definitely decent. I liked the layout, pacing, and transitions, but of course because of its age, it was a tad rough, but not bad by any means. I guess the reason I liked it more than others is because it was my first floorless.

Manta: I'm not to hip on flyers, but I thoroughly enjoyed Manta. Great layout that interacted well with the surroundings. Every once in a blue moon, flyers might give me a brief moment or 2 of dizziness or nausea, but Manta never did. Also, the pretzel loop IMO was more intense than the ones on the Supermans, it really gives you a great pop of air going in to the tops.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 B&Ms at SWO, and hope to see them continue to add to their collection.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!