SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 581: Ray Racer to replace HooRoo Run at Aquatica in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 am

That's awesome news! Hopefully he makes an appearance in Wild Arctic soon.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 am

Baby Walrus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>VR Kraken!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lord denning » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:39 am

The googles in the bags is a nice touch to hopefully speed things up but I still don't get why you would VR such a stunning B&M that has interesting inversions, tunnels and goes over water.

I wish they would do AR (augmented reality) instead where the googles add things to make the ride more interesting, consider a dashboard with speed, height, Gs, you could even add the Kraken but everything is imposed over the real world.
Using Tapatalk

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Zero One » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:46 pm

That's definitely a great idea, though if there's anything I don't love about Sea World (and there's not much I don't love about Sea World) it's how incredibly structured your day has to be and this seems like this has the potential to add to that.

When we were there the other day there was a lot of planning involved to figure out how to fit in Dine with Shamu, One Ocean, Clyde & Seamore and Dolphin Days and eventually we just decided to skip the last 2. Since Sea World is such a show heavy park you really have to plan everything out at the beginning the day to make it all fit since you have to plan everything around the daily show schedule. This is further compounded by the fact that the 3 best shows are outside and thunderstorms are a daily occurrence this time of year so you need to have contingency plans also.

I love the idea in theory but I'm interested to see how it's plays out. I could see this being anything from incredibly annoying to incredibly awesome depending on how it's implemented. If you go on your phone or the kiosk and reserve Kraken and it spits out a random "next available" return time then that's really annoying if it happens to be in the middle of a show you want to see. If you can choose from a list of available times and figure out how to work it in between shows then that's awesome.

I love the idea in theory and I'm optimistic but I'm really curious as to how they're planning to do this because that's going to have a big impact on how it's received. Hopefully it's more like FastPass+ and less like Tapu Tapu.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Report coming later but here's a video for those who are too impatient to wait....

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby DaMarkSta » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:26 pm

The VR looks very solid and fun up until the end part of the ride, at that point im not sure what its doing. However I'm still interested to try it, I know I liked VR on Iron Dragon a lot and my only other experience was on Galatica and that one made me nauseous. So yeah I think VR has a place on smaller family ride coasters but interested to try it on a bigger coaster again.

Plus how will the virtual queue work with their Quick Queue option?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 pm

^Right now there is no Quick Queue available on Kraken Unleashed.
Current Coaster Count: 86
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 pm

coasterbill wrote:When we were there the other day there was a lot of planning involved to figure out how to fit in Dine with Shamu, One Ocean, Clyde & Seamore and Dolphin Days and eventually we just decided to skip the last 2. Since Sea World is such a show heavy park you really have to plan everything out at the beginning the day to make it all fit since you have to plan everything around the daily show schedule.

Are you a platinum pass member? One of the benefits is the reserved seating for the shows, we showed up for the shows 10 mins before and got seats dead center every time. That feature alone was worth the passes.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:20 pm

^You can have all the reserved seating you want, but it won't be useful if you're stuck in a long queue line for something or reservation for a ride on Kraken Unleashed. Also on busy days, the shows can fill sometimes 20-30 minutes before showtime which puts a snag into any planning you may have done. Basically if you're wanting to see all the shows (since it's a show heavy park), sometimes it's hard to schedule it out just right to be able to mix everything. This is different from parks like Busch Gardens Tampa, SFOG, Cedar Point, ect. (that are ride heavy) where you can just literally go left or right and just ride as you get to them. Even after 10 years of going to the park I find it hard to hit all the shows in one day and still get to ride everything I want with all the crisscrossing you have to do to accomplish it. Timing truly is everything, especially without quick queue.
Current Coaster Count: 86
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!