SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 581: Ray Racer to replace HooRoo Run at Aquatica in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sun May 14, 2017 9:47 am

:lol: I've got to be honest, I didn't know mine would auto-renew and I was kind of wondering why I was still being charged. I just assumed maybe the payments were spread out over a longer time than I thought and it was such a small amount of money I haven't bothered to check yet.

Oh well, no complaints here. Now I don't need to process a new pass. I wouldn't think to sue the park though, the fact that I wasn't paying attention is totally on me.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 am

I did eventually cancel for a few years until I got a new pass to check out Mako. My new pass I just paid upfront.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:44 am

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/press-releases/5474/

SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS), a leading theme park and entertainment company, and Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street®, today announced the extension of their 37-year partnership to include the development of an additional Sesame Place® theme park in the United States.

The current Sesame Place theme park, located in Langhorne, Pa. between Philadelphia and New York City, is the nation’s only theme park based entirely on the award-winning educational program Sesame Street. The new license agreement between Sesame Workshop and SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment extends SeaWorld’s status as Sesame Workshop’s exclusive theme park partner in the United States, with the second Sesame Place theme park scheduled to open no later than mid-2021 in a U.S. location to be determined. After the opening of the second Sesame Place, SeaWorld will have the option to build additional Sesame Place theme parks in the U.S. The agreement also makes it possible for Sesame Street characters to continue to appear at the existing distinct Sesame Street lands inside the company’s two Busch Gardens theme parks and SeaWorld theme parks in San Diego and San Antonio, as well as a new Sesame Street land to be built in SeaWorld Orlando by fall 2022.

“We know that the magic of theme parks gives families a unique and powerful way to experience and delight in the Sesame Street characters,” said Jeffrey D. Dunn, Chief Executive Officer of Sesame Workshop. “Building more Sesame Place theme parks will enable us to connect with even more families and provide funding that supports our nonprofit mission.”

The Sesame Place theme park features a variety of exciting family rides, water slides, live character shows, a daily parade, and seasonal events that help bring the educational world of Sesame Street to life beyond the show. Sesame Place also extends Sesame Workshop’s commitment to social impact work with its Sesame Place Cares annual series of events both in and outside the park, including a 30-year partnership with Variety–The Children’s Charity, focused on providing events with a safe and fun atmosphere specifically for children with disabilities and their families.

“We share Sesame’s goal of educating and entertaining generations of children, and the extension of our partnership furthers SeaWorld’s mission to provide guests with experiences that matter,” said Joel Manby, President and Chief Executive Officer of SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. “We are thrilled to be able to grow the presence of Sesame Place theme parks in the U.S. and help our company diversify its brand portfolio and expand into new areas.”

“Expanding our Sesame Place theme park footprint will both deepen our relationship with longstanding fans and help us to connect with new families,” said Steve Youngwood, Chief Operating Officer of Sesame Workshop. “This partnership will also enable the Workshop to continue producing high-quality educational programming for the next generation.”

Under the terms of the new license agreement, the companies have agreed to extend their collaborative relationship through December 2031.

DAGwMXAVwAAyw83.jpg

http://www.sesameworkshop.org/press-releases/sesame-place-theme-park-announcement-f-a-q/

1. Why is Sesame Workshop expanding the number of its theme parks?

We are very excited that we are going to be expanding the number of Sesame Place theme parks in the United States. Currently, we have one very successful theme park in Langhorne, PA, and we think there is the opportunity to have more. Theme parks allow Sesame Street’s legions of fans to directly connect with their favorite characters, and by growing the number of Sesame Place theme parks, Sesame Workshop can engage many more preschoolers and their families. This will also help to provide additional funding for Sesame’s nonprofit mission and activities around the world, which would not otherwise be possible.

2. How did you choose your partner?

Sesame Workshop and SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. have been partners together in the Sesame Place theme park for 37 years. The SeaWorld Entertainment management team that operates Sesame Place understands the Sesame Street brand very well and does a great job at running the park. They are an ideal team to expand and build new Sesame Place theme parks with.

3. What diligence did you do regarding animal welfare practices?

We believe that animal welfare is very important. Before extending our partnership, we discussed the SeaWorld theme parks’ animal welfare practices and policies with their new management team. We also spoke with the Humane Society of the United States, which is working closely with SeaWorld and told us that they are very supportive of the steps and direction that the SeaWorld theme parks are taking regarding animal welfare. The SeaWorld theme parks are also accredited by the American Zoological Association.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu May 18, 2017 4:56 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:02 am

Interesting, I could see another Sesame Place being successful at another location.

The SeaWorld Orlando news is great but man 2022 is a long ways away to announce something.

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:43 am

Isn't Sesame Street at risk for getting cancelled under Donald Trump's plans? Since PBS is supposed to be getting defunded. If so, it seems feasible that the next generation of children won't know these characters at all. :(
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby RollerManic » Thu May 18, 2017 8:57 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Isn't Sesame Street at risk for getting cancelled under Donald Trump's plans? Since PBS is supposed to be getting defunded. If so, it seems feasible that the next generation of children won't know these characters at all. :(

I wouldn't be too worried about that having any impact on the Seaworld parks. By 2022 we should know what kind of effect defunding PBS may have on Seasame Street and I'm sure Seaworld will reconsider if something happens.
Last edited by RollerManic on Thu May 18, 2017 9:55 am.
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 am

HBO is paying for it now anyway.

I imagine that this will be a replacement for the current kids area?

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:47 am

Zero One wrote:HBO is paying for it now anyway.

I imagine that this will be a replacement for the current kids area?

I sure hope so. Happy Harbor is really, really dated for what it is.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:13 am

^I really kind of like Happy Harbor (and my kids love it) but yeah it is a little dated. Would love to see that area freshened up a bit with a few more (slightly larger) flats and maybe even another family coaster.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sfkk » Thu May 18, 2017 12:36 pm

I would weigh in on this one, but I honestly have no idea if this is a smart business move or simply a diversion from greater issues at hand with the core animal parks. I do trust Joel Manby and hope that this turns out well for them as they certainly deserve some success for all of the effort they have been putting into trying to turn the company around.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!