SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 581: Ray Racer to replace HooRoo Run at Aquatica in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 am

I've made my feelings clear on my dislike for reservation only rides when discussing Everland and Volcano Bay, but I've seen some tweets saying Kraken Unleashed is full by noon. Granted, it's new and popular but if it's a case of the VR making capacity that low surely that's not going to go down to well with guests.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 am

I guess I will see for myself later today. I won't be wearing the VR however if I ride at all. Even with the Spot Saver I don't think it's worth waiting for, at least until they get things more together. I've seen others post elsewhere having to wait an hour or more after their scheduled return time. I'll just get some rides on Manta & Mako and catch the night time shows most likely.

UPDATE:
Um..yeah...not happening today as expected...lol Mind you everything outdoors has been shut down at least the last 30 minutes with storms in the area.
Screenshot_20170619-135210.png
Current Coaster Count: 86
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 pm

So, is there no way to ride Kraken now going through a normal line, even if you don't want to do the VR? If not, that really stinks! Way to foul-up one of my favorite coasters! :x
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:09 pm

Better get there early!

When the park opens for the day, Kraken Unleashed will operate with a standard standby line. Once the wait builds to about 20 minutes, the standby queue will be cut off and Spot Saver will become available. If no more Spot Saver time slots are available for the day, you will be allowed to join a standby queue shortly before park closing

Source: http://attractionsmagazine.com/seaworld-orlando-introduces-spot-saver-virtual-queue-kraken-unleashed/

Back when I worked the park, the entire Kraken / JTA area is COMPLETELY dead by 8pm on 10p close days. I would guess that still holds true as the other side of the park is where the action is at night.

Postby DILinator » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 pm

^Thanks for the info! I'm used to going there, and having there be virtually no wait for my beloved Kraken, so this VR thing is definitely bad news for those days... I guess I'll have to make it my first stop in the park, assuming I end up going in November as presently planned!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:04 pm

A virtual Queue System and VR is difficult to get onto and has terrible capacity and wait times?

Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:09 pm

DILinator wrote:^Thanks for the info! I'm used to going there, and having there be virtually no wait for my beloved Kraken, so this VR thing is definitely bad news for those days... I guess I'll have to make it my first stop in the park, assuming I end up going in November as presently planned!

Hopefully by then they will have it operationally better. You can see my post up there with a 6.5 hour virtual wait time. I didn't bother especially since that was right before Shamu Celebration show. I walked by Kraken once around 2:30 and it had a 400 minute wait listed. I'm sure it was more than that considering everything shut down for about an hour prior to that due to lightning.

I would just recommend getting to the park before opening and head straight there. At least with spot saver, you have to be in the park to reserve from your phone.

In other news, I walked onto Manta when I got to the park at 12:30 and rode twice without getting off. I also rode Mako 3 times with a 1 train wait. I didn't even need my free one time wuick queue. I used it anyway since I went through the trouble of reserving. I would have ridden more but with all the on and off rain and catching shows that's all I got coaster wise. Surprisingly the Skytower was open all day and got a ride on it with one cycke wait. Even Wild Arctic was a walk on.
Current Coaster Count: 86
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:27 pm

I rode it this past Sunday around 6:30-7pm,the wait time sign said 180 minutes,knowing that it had rained earlier and the park was emptying out I knew there was no way so I asked how long it actually was,they said around 40 minutes,knowing that might be as good as it gets I strolled in and was shocked to find that I would only have to wait two trains to get on,a train was leaving when I got there,the next group was already in their rows for the next one and I would be on the following one.I told myself I went from seeing the 180 min wait sign to then being told 40 minutes and then seeing how close I was to the front I thought there was no way it would even be close to the 40 minutes.However the whole loading/unloading is slow, having to clean the headsets and making sure everyone has it on correctly just takes time.There were plenty of attendants and they were very efficient but the process is still slow,nothing anyone can do about it,the wait that I thought would be 10-15 minutes was more like 25-30,I was still very happy I could get on in that time but I could imagine the wait wouldn't be very enjoyable on a busy day.I really enjoyed the experience,it truly put me in that environment and I almost forgot I was on a coaster I had probably ridden a couple hundred times.Having moved from south Florida a year ago and now being a local who frequents Sea World I have the luxury of trying to ride it at times I know the park will be dead,with the park staying open until like 10pm during the summer I'm assuming once the sun goes down the waits will be best at night.I think its a good addition to Sea World,it was a good coaster without the VR and low wait times but the park needed something unique to bring in the people to try it.Mako is still the best coaster in Florida in my opinion and the waits are never bad,and with it being such a rerideable coaster you can usually ride it multiple times in a short time,Kraken won't be that coaster you can get a bunch of rides in a row again but its now a fun, unique experience.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:24 am

bgtlover wrote:Um..yeah...not happening today as expected...lol Mind you everything outdoors has been shut down at least the last 30 minutes with storms in the area.

I just don't get it. How is this acceptable at all? Between Volcano Bay's disastrous system and this, are the Orlando parks just TRYING to piss off guests and send them to Disney?!?!?

I really do not understand how either of these parks think this is "OK" to operate attractions like this.

Postby DILinator » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:28 am

^ :nina:

Volcano Bay I'm just going to avoid for the foreseeable future (not a big water park goer anyway), but I love Sea World, love Kraken, and am planning on going this year, so this is definitely a disappointing turn of events, and a little hard to understand as well... :?r

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!