California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 979--New maze & scarezones for Haunt
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Justice » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Mechanic wrote:^ Who complained? All I saw were statements of facts.

Its not that anyone on this thread particularly complained he just said he sympathized with the people who he had to force off the ride. Don't feel bad, they deserve no pity.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

Justice wrote:

Its not that anyone on this thread particularly complained he just said he sympathized with the people who he had to force off the ride. Don't feel bad, they deserve no pity.

THEY may not but the kids (through no fault of their own) who don't get to ride because the adults can't and wont let them ride do.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby vertigomike » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:31 am

Justice wrote:

While the "large riders" issues has been discussed many times over, but I think we can agree that (a) yes, America needs to get thinner and stop eating Big Macs, but (b) any paying customer has the right to complain. Let's be real though, at this point, close to 2/3 of American adults are overweight and another 32% over the age of 20 are obese and/or hypertensive. These parks know their clientele and gladly sell tickets to Americans who have the expectation that they can ride the park's attractions.

When it comes to Grizzly, you didn't miss out on much except a good nap.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby 154bmag » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 am

Justice wrote:

I'm no expert here, but I've heard that genes can contribute to weight, if that's true, then some people are being forced of ride for something they have no control over, like height.
I think we can set our differences behind us...for science...you monster.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 am

154bmag wrote:
Justice wrote:

I'm no expert here, but I've heard that genes can contribute to weight, if that's true, then some people are being forced of ride for something they have no control over, like height.

The huge increase in the percentage of obese people in the USA in more attributable to controllable aspects of one's life (diet and exercise) than genes. Yes, a small percentage is attributable to genetics, but the obesity level in the US has steadily increased from around 10% in the early 1960's to over 33% today.

The 10% obesity level was constant for decades and a mutation did not magically enter the US gene pool 50 years ago to cause this trend. The US population eats more and exercises less than ever in its history.

I love to eat, therefore I exercise.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby rolercstrluvr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 am

Been awhile since I last posted. Just thought that i'd share that I got to have a backstage tour of Happiness Is...Snoopy ice show on saturday. It was a really nice experience and amazing with how they work everything. The rain curtain that we have was just a simple pipe with holes in it, they wanted to stay cheap but still have an amazing production. After that tour, I asked to go see the coaster shop, found the other orange mouse cars. Demon's red train is in rehab, there are still plenty of invertigo wheels, possibly more for us again at bay area bash. I would really like to thank Clayton for making all this possible, he's such a nice guy.
Gold Striker Ride count: 308

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 am

Angry_Gumball wrote:Grizzly's noodles (yup, I just decided to type Noodles instead of Restraint s) have only 1 lock position, not multiple/ratcheting like the rest of the park's coasters have. I wonder what kind of security measures the Millennium Flyers will have with their noodles.

Probably OTSR's, Seatbelts, And Lap Bars.

Those are Low end Estimates
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby vacoaster09 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 am

I like the name Stampede.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby JeffyJosephNorCal » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Trip report from Sunday (6/3), was a busy day, everything had a line most of the day. First time in awhile I saw Demon's line reach past the cave, and Flight Deck past the M&M Candy machine by the entrance. Grizzly (no surprise) had the longest line, nearly 45 minutes. They held people at the plaza, then held people again at the top of the stairs plus the operations were slow as molasses combined with the extra "noodles". Went on Star Tower to check the progress of the new coaster, pretty much looked the same just with the survey markers all over, didn't see any other work done as apposed to Friday, snapped a bunch of pics. Overall a fun day.

It's All About Quality!

Postby Angry_Gumball » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:33 pm

The length of those lines sound pretty unusual for a Sunday, unless business really is picking up that much. Was there an event going on and/or bunch of school kids there?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!