California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:14 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:I'm glad they make sure Fast Lane users have priority. I'm all in favor of single rider lines, but they do "devalue" line-skipping options when both save the same amount of time, if you think about it in those terms.

My final ride of the day as I'm waiting for a row to be assigned, I saw one kid in the Fast Lane line who didn't look like he was with the others. The grouper was putting people behind in into rows (but I thought the kid was just being ignored at first). Then after I was assigned my row, I heard the grouper say to the kid "single rider, right?" But it still did not strike me that the kid was a single rider without a Fast Lane band. And I didn't put it all together until I talked to Joey a few days later.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jeffkal » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 pm

Went to the park this afternoon to get my first rides on Railblazer. It was incredible! My new #1 in California, displacing Twisted Colussus. Incredible pacing and airtime. I liked sitting solo, and it’s really cool how your feet are basically straddling the track.

It also helped that the park wasn’t crowded. Waited 10 minutes each to ride Railblazer two times. They had riders enter the Fast Lane entrance, maybe because the line was so short? The grouper wasn’t taking requests. I asked for the back and was denied. The crew was efficient, helping gather loose articles and closing restraints. Everybody was very friendly!

Overall the park was clean and the atmosphere was nice. Gold Striker seemed to be getting a little rough, especially toward the end. Flight Deck was great as usual (rode front). Patriot wasn’t as rough as expected (rode front). Grizzly was surprisingly smooth and fun in the back (running two trains!). Demon was also holding up well. Railblazer really helps round out the coaster lineup. Very impressed with my visit!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:32 pm

jeffkal wrote:Waited 10 minutes each to ride Railblazer two times.
Line that short, why didn't you ride more?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jeffkal » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 am

singemfrc wrote:
jeffkal wrote:Waited 10 minutes each to ride Railblazer two times.
Line that short, why didn't you ride more?

I had a feeling someone would call me out on that. Yes, in retrospect I should have gone for more rides, especially since I didn’t get a front or back or ride. (One of the trains had the front seat blocked with tape, maybe a restraint issue?) I was a bit on a time crunch and just wanted to get some rides and experience the park. And honestly, the two rides I got on RailBlazer were really intense. I was satisfied!

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby moviemansig » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:47 pm

For the best ride experience on RailBlazer, is the front or back preferable? Thanks.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Skittles » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:50 pm

moviemansig wrote:For the best ride experience on RailBlazer, is the front or back preferable? Thanks.

Depends. If you don't mind uncomfortable restraints and love copious amounts of forces, go towards the back. If you prefer the views the coaster provides and a "smoother" ride, go to the front.
Coaster Count - A lot

Top 10 under construction

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:48 pm

moviemansig wrote:For the best ride experience on RailBlazer, is the front or back preferable? Thanks.

Assuming the ride experience is identical enough to Wonder Woman @ SFFT (they are clones after all), back is gonna be the most ridiculous WTF intense ride experience with absolutely bonkers airtime and laterals. The front is gonna be not as forceful but certainly a lot of fun with a great view, and the middle area is going to be the tamest. If intensity if your forte, go for the very back for sure.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dsmman86 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:13 am

Anyone know what is going on with White Water Falls? Website says the ride is closed with no estimated date to be re-opened.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby E. Robert Pugh » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:28 am

I can't handle not riding Railblazer anymore so I'm thinking of making a quick trip up to NorCal to do SFDK and CGA in a couple weeks. Can anyone recommend a hotel that's midway between the two? I don't need fancy, I just need cheap!

Also, it's $133 for that all inclusive ticket (food, drinks, parking, Fastlane, Funpix which I probably won't use). Is it worth it? I feel like it's reasonable.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:07 am

If you are driving from So Cal, I would just get a hotel by CGA since you will have to drive back that direction anyways.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!