Page 1121 of 1172

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:13 am
by coasterbill
The planning document says plus or minus 225 feet, but it also shows this image

Image

And that would most likely put the first drop right around that breakdance. Obviously (as we just learned since they didn't put an Impulse coaster in the old Invertigo spot) this can't be taken as gospel but it does seem to match up with the image in the planning document. If the location of the hyper in that document is right (which is a big "if"), then the filing is for a hyper.

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:42 am
by laqueefa
Runawayreptar wrote:Does anyone know who "Clayton" is, and what he is responsible for at the park? I read the CGA blog, and it has quotes from him about the Demon, but it says that he belongs to Cedar Fair. Is he behind the new launches of the park? I saw that he planned the "Red White and Brews" event. Just curious about his role with the new Great America is.
https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2017/08.30.17-its-the-most-haunted-time-of-the-year

Ever try Google.com?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cedar+fair+Clayton

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:42 pm
by WayCool64
The park just started doing a live stream of Railblazer's construction.
https://www.cagreatamerica.com/explore/live-video

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:11 pm
by Superbatboy
WayCool64 wrote:The park just started doing a live stream of Railblazer's construction.
https://www.cagreatamerica.com/explore/live-video


Nice! I'll definitely be checking this out regularly :)

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:22 pm
by EliHorton
I'm kind of thinking that the 240' ride will be a star flyer. I mean aren't most of the Funtime star flyers that tall? Plus I just don't see them adding a huge hyper right after getting a big coaster in 2018. I *love* star flyers.

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:23 pm
by thrillseeker4552
EliHorton wrote:I'm kind of thinking that the 240' ride will be a star flyer. I mean aren't most of the Funtime star flyers that tall? Plus I just don't see them adding a huge hyper right after getting a big coaster in 2018. I *love* star flyers.


I agree. This is most likely a star flyer. I can't see them add Patriot, Railblazer, and a B&M Hyper all back-to-back.

But of course, I would love to be wrong! Cali could totally use a B&M Hyper ASAP!!!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:57 pm
by Jew
laqueefa wrote:
Runawayreptar wrote:Does anyone know who "Clayton" is, and what he is responsible for at the park? I read the CGA blog, and it has quotes from him about the Demon, but it says that he belongs to Cedar Fair. Is he behind the new launches of the park? I saw that he planned the "Red White and Brews" event. Just curious about his role with the new Great America is.
https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2017/08.30.17-its-the-most-haunted-time-of-the-year

Ever try Google.com?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cedar+fair+Clayton


The beginning of the article says exactly what his title is...

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:56 pm
by laqueefa
Jew wrote:
laqueefa wrote:
Runawayreptar wrote:Does anyone know who "Clayton" is, and what he is responsible for at the park? I read the CGA blog, and it has quotes from him about the Demon, but it says that he belongs to Cedar Fair. Is he behind the new launches of the park? I saw that he planned the "Red White and Brews" event. Just curious about his role with the new Great America is.
https://www.cagreatamerica.com/blog/2017/08.30.17-its-the-most-haunted-time-of-the-year

Ever try Google.com?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cedar+fair+Clayton


The beginning of the article says exactly what his title is...

It's like the responses to TPR's video posts...
"what ride is this?!"
"what park is this ride at?!"
"it would really be helpful if you included the name and location of the ride in your videos..."

Image

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:34 pm
by WayCool64
Apparently, they're really pulling out the punches for Demon Re-Ignited. They're getting Tony Award winning actor James Monroe Iglehart (who was in the Broadway version of Aladdin and Hamilton) to voice the Demon and most likely sing the new song. And according to the new post on Facebook, there's apparently going to be on-ride music.

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:38 pm
by XSupremacy
WayCool64 wrote:Apparently, they're really pulling out the punches for Demon Re-Ignited. They're getting Tony Award winning actor James Monroe Iglehart (who was in the Broadway version of Aladdin and Hamilton) to voice the Demon and most likely sing the new song. And according to the new post on Facebook, there's apparently going to be on-ride music.


Yeah he actually says in the video that he is singing the theme song that will play in the queue. Demon: Re-Ignited is probably what I'm most looking forward to this Haunt season.