California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby VegasBaby » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 pm

coastin_dude wrote:Screamscape confirmed it's a Wonder Woman clone.

They are also claiming it will only have two trains and no moving loading platform, which is a travesty if true. I can't believe that CF would cheap out like that, especially on such a low capacity coaster.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Fu11 Throttle
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:28 pm

The SFFT announcement blew my ever-loving mind...and CGA is relatively cheap and painless for me to get to. Plus, I need all the new killer coasters in NorCal (Joker, this if it pans out like we think, and sadly even Gold Striker, plus SCBB's rooftop spinning hotness). Not to mention I'm thirsty for revisits to these parks anyway: my only visits to all but SFDK were in 2009, and I haven't been to SFDK since 2012! Hmm...
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:The SFFT announcement blew my ever-loving mind...and CGA is relatively cheap and painless for me to get to. Plus, I need all the new killer coasters in NorCal (Joker, this if it pans out like we think, and sadly even Gold Striker, plus SCBB's rooftop spinning hotness). Not to mention I'm thirsty for revisits to these parks anyway: my only visits to all but SFDK were in 2009, and I haven't been to SFDK since 2012! Hmm...

I feel ya! In fact, I've never been to NorCal, but I'm highly considering doing a little road trip there from Northern Utah next summer...if I can find time and some people to go with. With CGA's new coaster, SFDK, SCBB, and even Gilroy Gardens, plus a bunch of sightseeing stuff in San Fran, I gotta get out there sooner than later!

Was *this* close to going this year, but timing didn't quite work out. Figured waiting until 2018 wouldn't be such a bad idea anyway, with CGA's new coaster.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 pm

^Definitely don't skip Gilroy Gardens if you can help it!
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:24 am

cal1br3tto wrote:^Definitely don't skip Gilroy Gardens if you can help it!

Agreed, I second this. As much as it's a kid park, they've got a kickass coaster tucked away in the back and everyone I've gone there's been no lines.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:46 am

rolercstrluvr wrote:
cal1br3tto wrote:^Definitely don't skip Gilroy Gardens if you can help it!

Agreed, I second this. As much as it's a kid park, they've got a kickass coaster tucked away in the back and everyone I've gone there's been no lines.

If and when I ever do a NorCal trip, there is no way I'm skipping out on that park, especially since they take the Platinum Pass. It's in such close proximity to CGA, it would be stupid not to go. It looks like a beautiful park.
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 am

I'm only going to say this once...

We will be posting the announcement tomorrow as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am

robbalvey wrote:We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

The world would be such a better place if more media outlets took this position. This is why I love TPR.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby leqant » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Either way the hype is still killing me

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Well . . . if this does turn out to be a RMC Raptor (even though I was dreaming for a Maverick style coaster :cry: :cry: :cry: ) . . . three things I'm hoping to see announced:

1) A mountain theme
2) NOT a clone
3)NOT a mirror image

That's all! =) =) =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!