California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby Manic Monte » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm

This is looking more and more like a much bigger (in scale) project than I had originally thought. And I couldn't be happier for CGA after years of uncertainty and lackluster additions, this is great!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm

It's gotta be a Rocky Mountain Raptor...called Railblazer is the rumor right? Seems to fit all of the teasing. Also, wouldn't be surprised if it's a clone of WW.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Jakizle wrote:It's gotta be a Rocky Mountain Raptor...called Railblazer is the rumor right? Seems to fit all of the teasing. Also, wouldn't be surprised if it's a clone of WW.

Exactly what I've been saying. If not a clone, def near clone, IMO. The 110' height permit gives it away
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Rougarou » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm

^ I think the prototype at the RMC manufacturing facility is Rail Blazer. The colors of the Raptor track are teal and burnt orange. The colors on the WW concept video are yellow and a reddish salmon color. I doubt Six Flags would use the colors of the RMC prototype for WW it doesn't fit the theme of the ride.
image.jpg
Rail Blazer
image.jpg
Wonder Woman

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Jameslofton » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:48 pm

There's currently a killer sale going on. Its basically buy one ticket, get one ticket to Winterfest free.

https://www.cagreatamerica.com/tickets-passes/daily-tickets

I have to do it. Cant pass that up.

I've been wishy washy regarding my choice between Santa Cruz or going to SFDK again.

This deal made up my mind. Unfortunately they're not open many days the rest of this month. I've also never been to a Winterfest. Looking forward to that.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby DrachenfireOP » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 pm

JT325 wrote:Did you guys notice the proper operation of an Arrow looper!? One train goes down the first drop, the next train is on the lift.

I never rode TOCentury, but I do remember that operation at Demon (at my home Great America, here in Gurnee). As soon as the train went down the drop, you would hear that loud ripping sound of the next train latching on and ratcheting at the bottom of the lift. And then the nose would peek out above the 'lift rocks.' Good times! Get in, pull down your bar, and your off! Simple times. Logical times.

I miss these days! Back when the PLC was basically non-existent, the loading gates WERE non existent, and you used a hand crank to let the train in and out of the station! I remember I used to get so excited on LNM at BGW when they'd over-shoot the station and the whole train got to go for a second ride!

Hell, even up through the 90s you could crank arrows out with a train leaving the station the moment the first one left the lift. I have some old footage of even Alpengeist somewhere with a train leaving the station the moment the first one is off the lift from 1997.

I think early 2000s were when parks started going crazy with the anti-idiot policies, fear of lawsuits that never actually happened, and the like. This was also the time when cellphones became more mainstream, camcorders became more affordable, and bags started coming into parks with greater frequency. The uptick in personal belongs at the same time as the uptick in safety "features" caused dispatch times to go WAY down.

Here's some good ol' Psyclone Steve footage of Vortex in 93 with the "ASAP dispatch!" I love seeing the coaster going through the block brakes with the one behind almost at the lift crown, and seeing the loading station dispatch with guests still walking out the exit. Different times. I miss them too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL2m7ojsP6c

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Jameslofton wrote:There's currently a killer sale going on. Its basically buy one ticket, get one ticket to Winterfest free.

https://www.cagreatamerica.com/tickets-passes/daily-tickets

I have to do it. Cant pass that up.

I've been wishy washy regarding my choice between Santa Cruz or going to SFDK again.

This deal made up my mind. Unfortunately they're not open many days the rest of this month. I've also never been to a Winterfest. Looking forward to that.

Worlds of Fun was running a similar deal last this month. If you don’t have a season pass, it’s an incredible value.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby coastin_dude » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Screamscape confirmed it's a Wonder Woman clone.
Coaster Count: 107
Favorite Steel: Fury 325/Favorite Wood: Boulder Dash
Home Park: Kings Dominion
Worst Coaster: Ninja (SFOG)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Even though I almost always take everything from Screamscape with a grain of salt, I'm still very excited for this (assuming it is true). Capacity will be atrocious, but Wonder Woman looks like a great ride. It definitely beats an Intamin Impulse!
Credits: 170, give or take, depending on how one counts
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @american_thrills

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Take Screamscape as you will, but remember they called the RMC Raptors for SFFT and CGA in early July. I think they're right on with this one
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!