California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: FifthArchitect, kenban and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby singemfrc » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:27 pm

Jameslofton wrote:All I know is the fact it had/has long lines...so somebody likes it.

You're right. Its a good family coaster but at what point does it warrant removal? Its taking up valuable space back there that could easily be put to better use.

Well yeah, it's popular with kids and those who don't want the extreme thrills, which is why it's still worth keeping I think, it's a good stepping stone or starter coaster. Its not rough at all, but there's zero thrill for any thrill ride veteran.

The reason for the long lines though is mainly because of the horrendous dispatch times. It's probably the slowest dispatching ride I've ever seen not counting VR coasters. The seats and restraints are funky and over complicated resulting in lots of rechecks and an extremely inordinate number of walks of shame. It's usually >5 minutes per train. If you walk up and see just a station wait, that's usually about a half hour. At least the station is covered.
If you want to try it without waiting, it's actually pretty easy due to the fact that Grizzly usually does not open with the park. It will usually open about 90 minutes after the park opens, so you can ride other things at park open and then walk over and ride Grizzly right when it opens to avoid the slow moving line.

Personally I'd like them to keep it around, but I wouldn't be opposed to an RMC conversion, because, I mean come on, who would turn down an RMC?
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:02 pm

I feel like the Grizzly RMC talk has been done to death in this thread. :elissa:
Tigga, please!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Jameslofton » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 pm

In 1000+ page threads, just about every discussion has been "done to death", including one of the subjects of your last post in this thread...the twenty year plan. I just didn't have a need or see a reason to yawn over it.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 am

laqueefa wrote:I feel like the Grizzly RMC talk has been done to death in this thread. :elissa:

Well realistically at this point with RMC's reputation, any wooden coaster not at SFGAdv that's more than a few years old and not of historical significance is going to get the RMC discussion.
Favorite Steel: Green Lantern First Flight (SFMM) - I know, I'm crazy. I love the unpredictability of it.
Favorite Wood: Ghost Rider (KBF) - since the refurb it is amazing!
Most Wanted: Starry Sky Scraper, El Toro, I305, Batman (SFFT), Eejanaika, Dinoconda, Insane, Outlaw Run

Postby laqueefa » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Jameslofton wrote:In 1000+ page threads, just about every discussion has been "done to death", including one of the subjects of your last post in this thread...the twenty year plan. I just didn't have a need or see a reason to yawn over it.

Search functions, how do they work? http://themeparkreview.com/forum/search.php?keywords=Grizzly+RMC&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Tigga, please!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Who knew 1.58% of the posts in this thread could cause such a ruckus.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Jameslofton » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:04 am

Yeah... hopefully when he brings up the twenty year plan again or anything else discussed the past 10+ years he'll remember how search functions work.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Manic Monte » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 am

I am becoming rather obsessed with this coaster. :lover:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:10 pm

I did a Google search for the long term plan for cga... thought this was interesting..... there was more but..hmm......
Screenshot_20170818-180322.png
Screenshot_20170818-180349.png

Postby laqueefa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Jameslofton wrote:Yeah... hopefully when he brings up the twenty year plan again or anything else discussed the past 10+ years he'll remember how search functions work.

Calm down, I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Seagal.

Tmcdllr wrote:I did a Google search for the long term plan for cga... thought this was interesting..... there was more but..hmm......

Railblazer is going to be an amazing, standout ride in the park but getting a hyper in the line up will eventually be the cherry on top. Especially if it's a launched hyper! Getting back to Railblazer... If the final product features the theming in the rendering, that will make two coasters in the park with stone/rock themed tunnels, and 3 coasters total at the park with tunnels. TAKE THE TUNNEL!
Last edited by laqueefa on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:23 pm.
Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!