TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Did they use tasers or stun guns? Because a taser can't be reused unless you remove the prong cartridge and pop on a new one. Which means they not only snuck in tasers but also a handful of prong cartridges each.

While you'd have to put in a new cartridge to use the prongs/deployment, you can "drive stun" a TASER without a cartridge for pain compliance and to create that distinctive loud arcing sound commonly associated with electronic immobilization devices. Reading a few news stories on the incident, it looks like the suspects used a lot of strong-arm tactics, which would make the drive stun method more likely if they were in-fact TASERs.

It is common for the media to inaccurately report any electronic immobilization device as a "TASER" but it is possible the suspects used TASERs without cartridges.

I use to work there and I know people who work there.

So, basically the Dippin' Dots Guy. Cool.

I'll wait until the press reports it.

I use to work there and I know people who work there.

So, basically the Dippin' Dots Guy. Cool.

I'll wait until the press reports it.

That's usually my attitude too, but in this case he generally knows what he's talking about.

Thank you coasterbill.

A woman with a stun gun gets into a park and then numerous fights break out...at a f%cking amusement park...seriously?

Can anyone go have fun anywhere anymore without having to worry about fights, shootings or mass death? I know that this isn't the first time that a fight has broken out at a park, but this one just sickens me. Likely just because all of the other unnecessary evil that is slowly spreading over this world like the plague lately.

More and more people in this world just flat out suck anymore. Good grief, this violence is getting so over-the-top crazy in every way - it has to STOP!

A woman with a stun gun gets into a park and then numerous fights break out...at a f%cking amusement park...seriously?

Can anyone go have fun anywhere anymore without having to worry about fights, shootings or mass death? I know that this isn't the first time that a fight has broken out at a park, but this one just sickens me. Likely just because all of the other unnecessary evil that is slowly spreading over this world like the plague lately.

More and more people in this world just flat out suck anymore. Good grief, this violence is getting so over-the-top crazy in every way - it has to STOP!

The state of this world with violence today is so upsetting. I just had my first visit at Las Vegas in September and caught myself still looking both directions when crossing even though we had the right away due to cars just plummeting people (exactly a week before that horrible mass shooting). Very scary times today.

Bay Area has had problems like this. We have plenty of transportation options, allowing teens & young adults access to almost everywhere in mass. One of the things I love about living here is that it’s easy to get around with friends. We recently had at least two mass robberies in the past few months and sad to say I’m not shocked, only upset by this story. I came from a rough neighborhood & thought we were bad, but I realize we truly have nothing on these younger ones today. Great America is what we would call a “teenybopper” park too, although greatly transforming, and I can totally see why Great America was the place for these sociopaths to let out their rage.

I’m sure they had the plastic tasers as some have explained on here. I honestly don’t know much as I don’t own one, but I have plenty of friends who do. You can separate then device & just hook the thing that powers the device with your keys. Therefore, the metal part would be blending in with your keys & the taser/stun gun would just be mostly plastic. I want to say be careful of your surrounding, but it’s absolutely sad & ridiculous to feel this way at a themepark where you’re supposed to be enjoying time with family & friends. I remember security randomly following my group around as a teen just by profiling, they might have to start doing that again.

^ Just a side note to say, I visited the Bay Area recently and was truly shocked that drivers actually paid attention to crosswalks. It took me a while to get used to the fact that I actually had the right of way, walking, in a crosswalk. In most parts of the US a crosswalk means- make the sign of the cross when trying to get to the other side and hope you make it.

^ Just a side note to say, I visited the Bay Area recently and was truly shocked that drivers actually paid attention to crosswalks. It took me a while to get used to the fact that I actually had the right of way, walking, in a crosswalk. In most parts of the US a crosswalk means- make the sign of the cross when trying to get to the other side and hope you make it.

With todays soceity, I don't even check to see if cars are coming 95% of the time. If they don't wanna stop, they can pay for my college

I've run into the opposite issue. Growing up in So Cal, I learned when you have right of way as a ped, you have right of way. I was taught exceptions exist in downtown LA, but overall if it was a crosswalk I should cross if I had the true right of way. In fact, LA county sheriff affirmed that when I almost got run over.

When I went to Vancouver and then Shanghai, I learned the opposite... maybe the hard way...

• 2 weeks later...