TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Well we can only speculate based on the info we've been given thus far, and so far it mostly points to RMC. I didn't need to have it completely spelled out to me to make an assumption that CP was getting a Dive Coaster. Everything began to point in that direction. I'm getting the same feeling from these teasers.

Yes, I do fully believe it'll be called Railblazer. I was mainly speculating and sorry if it came off as full confirmation. I was only looking/noticing that the mountains were rocky and speculating in my mind that it would be an RMC. For all we know this could be a lot of teasing for the worlds tallest wacky worm.

I thought the Rockies too at first. As in RMC.

Well we can only speculate based on the info we've been given thus far, and so far it mostly points to RMC. I didn't need to have it completely spelled out to me to make an assumption that CP was getting a Dive Coaster. Everything began to point in that direction. I'm getting the same feeling from these teasers.

Well if your right and CGA gets a Raptor, that is the first of it's kind in the CF chain. The renewed relationship then must be Knott's. The rumored Gertlauer would be out b/c they never worked with them, so KB would likely get an Intamin?

The rumored Gertlauer would be out b/c they never worked with them, so KB would likely get an Intamin?

Wrong. CF worked with Gerst in 2016 to build Canada's Wonderland's Sky Roller

Hardly a renewed relationship 1 year and were they really talking about flat ride relationships. Most took it as coasters.

^ I've been thinking. Renewed relationship could mean almost anything. Quimet could even be talking about in the entire history of their parks or just since CF took over. It could refer to working with on any ride or just coasters.

Personally I think it's only CF history. I also believe that it is a company they haven't worked with at all in awhile, not just on coasters.

Honestly, "renewed relationship" could mean just about every manufacturer if you go back far enough. But what makes sense? Some obscure ride built 15 years ago that no one would remember? Or something more iconic? Seems to me his statement was meant to create some excitement, which would mean a fairly well known company that has built some well known rides for Cedar Fair in the past, that they haven't worked with a while.

Just my interpretation.

Imo CF wouldn't have even mentioned the "RENEWED" relationship thing if it didn't apply to a company that for years the expert enthusiasts have been proclaiming CF would never work with again and that's Intamin.

Anyways I'll be one happy camper if Knotts is due for the Intamin over the RMC Raptor which I think is a cool concept just too low capacity for a park like Knotts let CGA have it

Honestly, "renewed relationship" could mean just about every manufacturer if you go back far enough. But what makes sense? Some obscure ride built 15 years ago that no one would remember? Or something more iconic? Seems to me his statement was meant to create some excitement, which would mean a fairly well known company that has built some well known rides for Cedar Fair in the past, that they haven't worked with a while.

Just my interpretation.

I completely agree with you. And your interpretation seems to point directly to Intamin. I know none of us really know, but it just seems logical.

Imo CF wouldn't have even mentioned the "RENEWED" relationship thing if it didn't apply to a company that for years the expert enthusiasts have been proclaiming CF would never work with again and that's Intamin.

Anyways I'll be one happy camper if Knotts is due for the Intamin over the RMC Raptor which I think is a cool concept just too low capacity for a park like Knotts let CGA have it

I don't really disagree with this, but it's probably a good idea to keep in mind that earnings calls are not for fans or customers of Cedar Fair parks, they're for investors. If trying to read between the lines it's a good idea not to think like a roller coaster enthusiast, but like the head of a mutual fund...

^ As an investor returning to a tried and true profitable relationship with Intamin would impress me more than any other maker. Gerstlauer wouldn't impress me because there isn't approved measure of success with it as far as CF goes.

How many shares?

Lots of tree and greenery clearing at the SR1 site:

Seems they're wasting no time clearing this area out...and the area in front of First Aid and the Hometown games feels very open now that most of the trees are gone.

Yeah, things are in full swing in the construction zone! I was at the park yesterday for the kick off of their Taste of Orleans food festival. I was surprised how big the area is.