Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 913 - Copperhead Strike Roller Coaster for 2019
Users viewing this topic: thrillseeker4552 and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby Card » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:56 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:Unfortunately, it's looking like my trip next week will be a wet one. High chance of thunder and rain my entire visit. So on a scale of Six Flags Great Adventure during Holiday in the Park to Six Flags Great Adventure in the Summer, how is the weather policy? I expect the high rides to shut down for lightning, but what rides shut down for anything more than a light drizzle?

Also, while I expect the magic seats on Intimidator/Fury to be the back, do any of the other coasters have magic seats? What seats are recommended--especially on Nighthawk/Hurler/Vortex?

From my experiences a few years back, I would honestly say that for those three - especially if you're anything like me - you will hate them no matter where you sit. Grab the coaster credits, then go ride something that's actually fun instead.

Oh yeah, and while Fury is amazing fun in both the front and back (that feeling of getting yanked over that first drop is UNREAL), I notice you also forgot to mention Afterburn, which I also like as a backseat ride. You'll know why when you get whipped like a muhvugga through that batwing.

Man... Afterburn's a damn good invert, save for the anti-rollback being deafening (not sure if that's still the case or not) and the lame-ass "clear for takeoff" dispatch where the guy doing the voice-over was either (A.) on Prozac, or (B.) a recent victim of cranial drill intrusion.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Haven't ridden Vortex, but you should shoot for the front on any B&M Stand-Up. Also, keep your knees bent a little/crouch prior to the restraints locking so the "seat" stays a little lower. Don't ride like that, though- after it locks, stand up straight and lean forward a little. If you ride these defensively, you might enjoy them. They're really intense rides.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby jonskinny12 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:06 am

It seems that most people on here say that Fury is a front seat ride. Maybe it had to do with riding the front seat on the first train of the day before it warmed up, but I greatly preferred the back to the front. That first drop in the back goes on forever. It's an amazing ride either way though.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:20 am

Ed Farmer wrote:Haven't ridden Vortex, but you should shoot for the front on any B&M Stand-Up. Also, keep your knees bent a little/crouch prior to the restraints locking so the "seat" stays a little lower. Don't ride like that, though- after it locks, stand up straight and lean forward a little. If you ride these defensively, you might enjoy them. They're really intense rides.

From my experience riding Vortex (a grand total of 1 time) I had kept my knees bent as one does on a stand up coaster, but the issue was bashing my head on the restraints. It was a just an unpleasant ride for my head.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Given Cedar Fair's efforts to address aging coasters and improve parks from within, is anyone else surprised that this new coaster is coming before a Vortex or Hurler transformation? And disclaimer: this isn't a complaint! I look forward to the new Mack; a unique coaster that spreads out the quality attractions in the park sounds good. But even if Hurler/Vortex are addressed next, they'll be a few years behind the other parks that moved on redos like Patriot, Rougarou, & Twisted Timbers.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:03 pm

On the Whyte Lightning poster in the park:

"Durable, dependable, guaranteed over 137 miles."

137 miles = 1 minute 37 seconds for the ride time?
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby defrocker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:15 pm

There was recently a teaser that said something about a duration being 2:25 I think. I may be pulling that number out of nowhere but I seem to remember that being the case.

Also, 137 was seen at CP on the teaser poster for CW's dive coaster. Not sure if there's a connection or not.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pproteinc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:53 am

^ This is the most recent teaser off of there IG page.

44B5A1BE-B3FD-4E4B-B477-8F667486BEB8.jpeg

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:27 am

Ride time 2:27
Passengers 16 per train
Track length 3255ft
Inversions or launches 2 could be both as ICON has 2 launches and 2 inversions.

530?? Barn length or tunnel

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:49 pm

#WhatsInTheBarn
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!