Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 881 - Hotel planned for 2019 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 am

Running 2 trains on a Thursday in April sounds pretty sensible to me.

Cycling a hilariously ridiculous number of empty trains (sometimes for an hour plus) before opening the ride on any day where it's even remotely cold-ish is just a Carowinds thing. It's how they roll. I've never seen any other park cycle as many trains before they open a ride as they do.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:00 am

It's that time of year again, and it looks like I'll be visiting on the same weekend I did last year. This time I'll have more than 2 hours in the park, but I have a feeling I'll be sticking with Fury and Afterburn re-rides all day. :lol:

Naw, I think I'm going to try and check out the waterpark. I haven't had the opportunity to ride one of the 'wall' slides nor have I been on the rapids ride. I know I'll be back at Carowinds later this year, so I think this visit I'll check out some of the rides I haven't been on in years.

Oh and I guess I need that boomerang credit still.. :oops:
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 pm

At long last! I return to ride my favorite coaster (for at least another couple of weeks! ;) ) Fury tomorrow! :airtime: Bringing my kids for their first time at the park as well! Weather looks beautiful, and I should be able to get a night ride in this time! Here's hoping everything goes smoothly!

Does anybody know whether you actually CAN get your guests in for the early ride time if you're a Passholder? I know it says you can't on the site, but you've always been able to at CP, so it'd be strange if it was a Carowinds exclusive restriction...

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby AndrewA86 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 am

Does anybody know whether you actually CAN get your guests in for the early ride time if you're a Passholder? I know it says you can't on the site, but you've always been able to at CP,

Hey, hold on a sec... I have NEVER been able to get guests in for early ride time at CP...

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Did you guys see this? Cedar Fair filed this in the US. My first thought was Carowinds!

Here's a map of the Copperhead region:

Cedar Fair parks within this range:
-Carowinds (Hmmm)
-Kings Dominion (Not likely for 2019)
-Dorney Park (lol)
-World's of Fun (just made it, but already has snake-themed Mamba)
-Kings Island (barely on the edge?)

Maybe the region doesn't matter, there's certainly no Diamond Back Rattlers in Ohio.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Postby Afterburner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:39 am

Considering how Cedar Fair seems to actually want to get back to a Carolinas theme for Carowinds, a copperhead theme makes a lot of sense. The name "Copperhead Strike" does feel a bit awkward, though.

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:37 am

I’d honestly prefer just “copperhead” but at the end of the day the names of the rides don’t matter so much.
In my opinion El Toro and Intimidator 305 ride fairly and are free of material roughness.
(That's an auditor joke don't kill me)

Postby Afterburner » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am

Yeah, especially since people would just end up shortening it to Copperhead anyway.

Postby Vonni » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 am

Afterburner wrote:Considering how Cedar Fair seems to actually want to get back to a Carolinas theme for Carowinds, a copperhead theme makes a lot of sense. The name "Copperhead Strike" does feel a bit awkward, though.

I agree. I feel like a lot of the ride names that CF and SF have been going with lately feel quite awkward. I guess its just a corporate thing.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:37 am

"Copperhead Strike" screams GCI to me, but we'll see. Trying not to get my hopes up, but a GCI at this park would be perfect.
Credits: 170
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick
Instagram @west.coast.thrills

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!