TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

I don't have any little kids but I realize this is a great addition for the park. I'm also glad to see the gliders moved out of the kiddie section. Hopefully the line will have less waiting cause of this. I never thought Vortex would get converted this year. It'll definitely get done in 2019.

This is a great announcement! I really loved the kids area that was at Worlds of Fun and it sounds like this new area at Carowinds will get a lot of the similar rides. Not everyone that goes to a park is interested in Thrills and I'm glad that parks are going back to attracting families and not thrill seeking teenagers who only use their parents money to get into parks.

The Pre K pass is an AMAZING idea!! Why the hell hasn't any other park done this before? I know almost every park offers kids under 3 are free, but there's still kids that are 3-5 that can't do everything and it's almost still not worth the kids price ticket. I think more parks should see how this does, and offer it.

Jimmy "Every Family loves more Snoopy and Charlie Brown" Bo

The Pre K pass is an AMAZING idea!! Why the hell hasn't any other park done this before? I know almost every park offers kids under 3 are free, but there's still kids that are 3-5 that can't do everything and it's almost still not worth the kids price ticket. I think more parks should see how this does, and offer it.

Jimmy "Every Family loves more Snoopy and Charlie Brown" Bo

Kings Dominion offered it last year. Also many, if not most of the Cedar Fair parks are doing it this year.

Also for the past SEVERAL years, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks have been doing it as well.

^Planet Snoopy will be no more next year. The entire area will be Camp Snoopy.

[edited] I read your post incorrectly. You meant as in with other Cedar Fair parks. Who knows. They just expanded KD's last year so if they were on a trend to change, then they would have done it there last year. CP has both in their park.

From the looks of the concept art, here is the fate of all the rides currently in Planet Snoopy:

Remaining in Camp Snoopy- Lucy's Crabby Cabbies (may be rethemed), Peanuts Pirates, Woodstock Express, Snoopy's Space Race, Snoopy vs. Red Baron, Flying Ace Balloon Race, Charlie Brown Wind Up, Snoopy's Junction.

Relocated within the park- Woodstock Gliders, Character Carousel

Complete Removal- Woodstock Whirlybirds (elevated tracked ride), Snoopy's Yatch Club

Fate Unknown- Flying Ace Aerial Chase (probably not being removed, but the concept art excludes that ride)

It also appears that Peanuts Showplace will kick the bucket

From the looks of the concept art, here is the fate of all the rides currently in Planet Snoopy:

Remaining in Camp Snoopy- Snoopy's Space Race

Snoopy's Space Race is being removed. Pig Pen's Dust Buggies is taking it's place.

PPDustBuggies.jpg.064ef5a997c8a9cdb176c54e0e120a3b.jpg

cwmidwayone.thumb.jpg.6c7bf0690f1f248f58704491aee65808.jpg

Fate Unknown- Flying Ace Aerial Chase (probably not being removed, but the concept art excludes that ride)

Flying Ace Aerial Chase is going to be rethemed. (Confirmed by the park on Facebook)

FAACstays.jpg.44c845f298fab9652935205bfb607ed4.jpg

It also appears that Peanuts Showplace will kick the bucket

Peanuts Showplace is not going anywhere. (It's in the Rendering)

361646759_PeanutsShowplace.jpg.7ecd91dce5327ac834d9ff84dcb4eabb.jpg

Oh I forgot about Snapchat. I don't have it. Too much to keep up with already..lol

Probably trolling, but you never know. It would shut up all the people on their FB page about not getting anything for adults next year if they did convert for 2018. Don't think it will happen, but it's amusing seeing the comments on there...lol

Peanuts show place is still there, Snoopy's Space race will be replaced with Pig Penn's Mud Buggies. Flying Ace Aerial Chase is staying. I seen a post from Carowinds last night on Facebook about that.

Just realized that. I also never noticed Space Race was being removed, but I mean it's only a kids ride. I guess it's okay that Flying Ace is staying. It's good for kids, but could use some better restraints.

I feel like I am one of the few that doesn't want Vortex to go Floorless. I feel its a nostalgia thing one of the few stand ups still out there. Its showing its age and I understand that but I still just like it the way it is. Same goes for Hurler. I love Twisted Timber and Steel Vengeance but I think I still want that good old wooden coaster feel since we only have 2 left in the park. I think my other thought is if they did a RMC Conversion to it. How would it work with Fury 325 right next to it. I don't know just a random thoughts I had

Just realized that. I also never noticed Space Race was being removed, but I mean it's only a kids ride. I guess it's okay that Flying Ace is staying. It's good for kids, but could use some better restraints.

Those restraints are horrific. One and done a few years ago for me which is unfortunate because it was actually a decent little ride.

Those restraints are horrific. One and done a few years ago for me which is unfortunate because it was actually a decent little ride.

What's crazy is Swamp Thing at Wild Adventures has the same trains as Flying Ace Aerial Chase, but was a lot more comfortable when I rode it (well that was 5 years ago...but it was then...lol). I had no head banging. They even run it through twice unless there is a line for it. I think Carowinds should take this opportunity to get a new train(s) in the process of re-theming the ride. Will they? Probably not...lol

So, I just got back from my week long trip down to Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg. While down there, I decided to leave my group behind for a day and take a nice 3 hour trip for my first ever visit to Carowinds... I can say I was not disappointed at all! This park is beautiful, you can definitely tell it was a Paramount park in the past, and bravo to Cedar Fair for keeping it a gorgeous park. I went this past Tuesday, arrived at opening and the longest line of the day I had was for Ricochet, about 15 minutes. I've always wanted to visit Carowinds, and ever since Fury was built, I've been aching to get there. Fury was down right phenomenal, my new #1!! I had 1 front row ride, 1 fourth row ride, and one last car ride... WOW, WOW, WOW!! I knew it would be a great ride, but it really did blow me away!! Hurler is in desperate need of the RMC conversion and i know its coming soon. Afterburn was beyond a pleasant surprise! It was way more forceful than I thought it would be, and the ride itself was awesome... great transitions, fun layout that greatly interacts with the surroundings. Vortex, well, I seriously don't know why I put myself on these tortures machines.... oh, wait, yes I do, the credit lol. And for Intimidator, well, I was actually surprised. I always here how lame and slow it is, but truthfully, it wasn't bad, definitely not near the top of the list for best B&M hypers, but was still a fun ride.. yes the hill trim definitely is noticeable and needs to go. Anyway, all in all, great park and definitely will make it back.... hopefully soon!!

Buy your 2018 platinum pass at Carowinds and you will get 1 free ticket for Carowinds for 2017 (not Scarowinds). A 2018 pass is not good for unlimited visits in 2017. What is the advantage to buying it at Kings Dominion? (Unless you planned on using the free ticket for this year at Kings Dominion instead of Carowinds)

Random Question. I am planning on getting a 2018 Platinum pass at Kings Dominion at the end of this month. I am visiting Carowinds at the end of September, does the platinum pass works in that time?

Thank you.

No. It would not be available to use until opening day 2018. You do get one free visit at KD this year if you don't already have a pass this year or a free fast lane to use before the end of this season.

kdplatpass.JPG.a9e442dc188c62b731496a53c90bbd17.JPG

EDIT Add-on:

One way around that would be buying your Platinum Pass through Carowinds and use your one free visit there. The only thing is your home park would be Carowinds, but you would still have all the Platinum benefits at all Cedar Fair Parks. (This won't work if you're renewing or upgrading a current pass I believe.)