TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

They still haven't announced when Season Pass preview will be. I'm guessing Fri. the 24th

That's a safe assumption.

... and confirmed. Pass processing lines are usually awful on pass holder preview nights so anyone attending who had a pass last year should renew it online which allows you to use the same pass and avoid the hassle.

^ I believe the rapids is the only one left, but keep in mind that they do have one hell of a waterpark if folks are looking to cool off. I hope that this leads to them adding a traditional log flume at some point in the near future, it would fit perfectly at this park.

Id love for a company like Larson or chance to buy the old arrow log flume designs and mass produce them again.

Plenty of companies still make Log Flumes and a lot of parks still buy them... sadly this rarely includes major corporate parks in the United States though.

Hopkins / Whitewater West still makes them and just sold one to Calaway Park in Canada, Mack still makes them and Intamin still makes them. I'm sure there are others manufacturers as well.

I'm still disappointed they weren't able to keep their existing log flume. I really enjoyed it and definitely think they need one.

As for White Water Falls, I'm not sad to see it go at all. Plenty of parks have the same one trick pony water ride and that area is looking prime for future development.

Plenty of companies still make Log Flumes and a lot of parks still buy them... sadly this rarely includes major corporate parks in the United States though.

I really do think this will change, eventually. It may take 10-20 years for them for there to be more of a modernized nostalgic demand. With the trend of installing all of these old school flats, I hope installing some old school flumes follows suit. It's probably more of a dream than a credible prediction.

If Kings Islands flume survived the addition of Mysric Timbers I imagine it's in the long term plan. It would've been a very good excuse to remove it if they had any desire to, so this actually makes me think it'll be around longer than I would've thought before. Congo Falls may be another story, depending on expansion plans.

^ Agreed. There's a big difference between these splash boat type rides and Log Flumes. Log Flumes are much more popular and suitable for a much wider range of temperature conditions / seasons. With these, you'll get so soaked that you might as well jump in a lake with all of your clothes on and in most cases they spend hours sending empty boats around early and late in the season and in the summer after the sun starts to set. This cycle is only interrupted by the occasional pre-teen who rides solo because his friends pressured him into doing it and / or he's an attention whore.

^^ Hahahaha! It's so funny, because it's so true!

I'm as big of a fan of splash boat rides as I am a fan of walking on soggy wet tennis shoes while crotch chafing.

When it comes to splash boat rides I try to plan for them. If I'm going to ride one, I make sure to wear swim trunks and sandals and have a spare T-Shirt in the car. Otherwise, its a pass for me.