Bay Beach Amusement Park Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Bay Beach Amusement Park Discussion Thread

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:37 pm

So, I actually got to go to Bay Beach the end of July with my friends, and I absolutely loved it! I got to ride Zippin Pippin, which was my first woodie outside of the two at Worlds of Fun.... and I LOVED it! That surprise bunny hop at the very end there was crazy! We also rode Scat.... and I will never, ever, ever do that again. That was the worst ride I have ever ridden in my 33 years of life.

To end on a positive note, I really, REALLY loved the fried cheese curds there. And I got a light-up souvenir mug to take home with me. I'm hoping I get to go back next year!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:23 pm

^ Just curious, did your head line up with the headrest on Scat? I rode one at Beech Bend and my head was above the headrest so the Gs pushed my head against metal. Once I slouched down, I was able to really enjoy the ride.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Going to park for the first time in a couple years tomorrow, very excited. Looks like they are doing "Boo Beach" for Halloween. This park is so underrated. The coaster is tops, too.
#CPFrontierLift2019

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby tinaalsgirl » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:33 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Just curious, did your head line up with the headrest on Scat? I rode one at Beech Bend and my head was above the headrest so the Gs pushed my head against metal. Once I slouched down, I was able to really enjoy the ride.

Hmmm... I honestly can't remember. The ride had me so sick after riding it that the memory of being on it is literally rather a blur. I'm guessing, though, that my head wasn't above the headrest, as I am rather short (5'3").

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 pm

^ Some of the headrests were a foot lower and intended for kids.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!