TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR Mini Trips - 2008

Hey Everyone! Here are the details on the two Mini Trips we'll be doing this summer. People ON a TPR trip have first priority, but we will open up a few spaces for everyone else, so let me know ASAP if you're interested!

-----------------------------------------------

Canada / NY / Western PA 8/2 - 8/7

$995 will include five nights of accommodations Saturday night thru Wednesday night, all ground transportation, admission to NINE parks, perks, two meals per day, etc.

- Saturday, August 2 - Arrive PHL Airport Philadelphia ready to load bus by 11am, long drive, Seabreeze Amusement Park

- Sunday, August 3 – Darien Lake and Martin's Fantasy Island

- Monday, August 4 – Canada's Wonderland

- Tuesday, August 5 – Marineland and Waldameer

- Wednesday, August 6 – Idlewild, Lakemont, and DelGrosso's

- Thursday, August 7 - East Coast Tour Begins or Depart for Home!

If you are interested in this trip, please let us know ASAP. Do NOT buy any plane tickets until this has all been finalized. 2008 TPR Trip participants have first dibs on mini-trips, but there WILL be a few spaces open for everyone! *Note* You MUST have a valid Passport to attend this trip.

Seoul, Korea 9/11 - 9/14

$800 will include three nights of accommodations Thursday thru Saturday night, all ground transportation, park admissions, perks, at least one meal per day, etc. We will be staying at a hotel walking distance to the Lotte World Complex! (Tons of stuff to do other than the park!)

- Thursday, September 11 - Arrive ICN Seoul Airport at 5am, transfer to Hotel and all day visit of Lotte World

- Friday, September 12 – All day visit to Everland

- Saturday, September 13 – Seoul Land and depending on weather, crowds, and/or operations, a revisit of a Lotte World

- Sunday, September 14 – Depart for Home or Japan Trip!

If you are interested in this trip, please let us know ASAP. Do NOT buy any plane tickets until this has all been finalized. 2008 TPR Trip participants have first dibs on mini-trips, but there WILL be a few spaces open for everyone! *Note* You MUST have a valid Passport to attend this trip.

Feel free to post any questions below!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Good credits > poutine...the majority of canadian credits < poutine.

Unfortunately it's a really sad truth. I still want to get out to La Ronde some time as well though, not just for poutine but for the credits too.

Trust me, you're not missing much but a higher credit count, and Beaver Tails!

I know it has been said before, but could you refresh my memory regarding joining TPR for a day. I can't make the entire mini-trip - due to family issues, but would like to meet up for a day. Can I pay a portion for admission, meals that day and perks? Just wondering....

^ We do not offer one-day options. You are more than welcome to meet up with the group for a day at your own cost, but you will not be able to take part in any group perks, meals, etc.

Here is how we answered this question in the FAQ:

Q: If I live local to some parks, can I join you guys for just one park during a TPR trip?

A: This is a tough question. Of course you are allowed to come and meet up with us for a day here or there...BUT... Something we've noticed is that a lot of times this causes problems or awkwardness. Remember that these trips are a lot like "Summer Camp". Everyone has their friends, new and old, groups, etc. Then if you come into this situation late in the trip it can be hard to fit in with the group. Especially if you're meeting up with us once the park is open, after we've had some ERT and the group has already split into tons of tiny groups. Keep in mind, you cannot join us for group meals or ERT or any other perks. Also, if you think that meeting up with us for a few hours means you'll spend all that time with Robb and Elissa, remember we're doing stuff with the parks, helping our participants with stuff, and going at Baby speed with Kristen so it's not always possible for the two of us to hang out with people. One thing to remember, is that when we are on a TPR trip, it's "our vacation" also. And as much as we enjoy meeting members from the site, we have our group of friends we are hanging out with too. I think the only way we really reccomend meeting up with the group for a day is if you are already friends with someone on the trip and you want to hang out with them. Trying to join the group for a day having never met any of us before is not something we really encourage anymore.

^^^ Robb, you really hit the nail on the head when answering that question. I definitely saw some of that happening when I was on the Mid-West trip last year. We would run into some people at parks who were fellow TPR members, but it was very hard for them to gel with the groups. Meeting up for a single day on a TPR trip by far isn't the best way to really get to meet other TPR members. Like Robb said, everyone is usually broken up into groups and it can be really tough to crack into them if you're not on the official trip. Unless you know some other people that will already be there, then don't expect to just jump in and hang out with everyone for the whole day. It honestly really doesn't happen that way, and you may just be setting yourself up for a disappointment.

I plan on meeting up at Wonderland, and am fully aware that since I'm not on the official trip, I won't get to enjoy any of the perks that may (or may not) occur. I want to go simply because I know that there will be a few people there that I hung out with last year, so this is a perfect opportunity to see them again. I really wish I was going on the entire trip though...but it's really beginning to look like it won't be possible.

I plan on meeting up at Wonderland, and am fully aware that since I'm not on the official trip, I won't get to enjoy any of the perks that may (or may not) occur. I want to go simply because I know that there will be a few people there that I hung out with last year, so this is a perfect opportunity to see them again.

Ahaha you're welcome to hang out with us in the "losers not on the real trip" group, then!

Trust me, you're not missing much but a higher credit count, and Beaver Tails!

Jer - thank you for finally mentioning the Beaver Tails, I was starting to think they were a figment of my imagination.

I actually really like the itinerary of this mini-trip.