MASSIVE Photo TR: Visions of my Spain trip 2007

That's it, I'm done, All 500 pictures posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
TPR's Favorite Beaner

Re: tibidabo

Postby RCFreak » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:30 pm

Louise wrote:LOL at this whole Photo TR, so awesome!!! Makes me wish I actually remembered to take my camera with me (and, well, use it) every day on trips, but hell, who needs to when you have friends like Hector who take better pictures of you that you can leech!! ::lol::

Thanks for telling the "Lou thought the window was possessed" story... I'm not even sure what I thought was happening, but at least you didn't tell the "Lou almost got killed by a cyclist and it was all Robb's fault!" story!! ::lol::

Can't wait for more Hector, I'm loving it!!

Don't worry, I only have like three pictures of us (as in the group) from when you were here in August. I'm really surprised I took that many pictures over the whole trip and that so many of them were just freaking awesome!

moose wrote:I thought someone got a pic on the bucket of stick a second later when it started moving.

Great pictures as always.

That was it! It strated moving as soon as we moved to go pose for the picture.

The Bat wrote:Hector --

Great pictures! I am loving the report. I believe that Ron took the picture in the plane.

Lou, I must say, you did kind of freak out about the possessed window... I'm just sayin'!!

-- Dave

THANKS! And don't forget to take a power converter to Europe!

oriolat wrote:Aww!

Sweet Photo TR, Hector. I wish I had been on the Plane instead of infront of the control booth when Lou saw the window going down and freaked out LOL

And I'm glad you wrote something about the Wave Swingers, because I think that they are pretty damn fast too.

BTW, the Buckets on a Stick are not as deathy as you make out hahaha you just have to be used to the height and the tilting of the bucket :P

It was a nice opportuniy to meet some of you (those who came to the Plane Ride :)) though you spent little time in the park :P Well, maybe you could come back when the Vekoma Terrain Coaster opens next year.

I'm not going to lie, I was freaking out a little too before I knew what was going on lol. And don't worry, we were glad you were at the control booth.

RonFrost wrote:^^^I think I did take that picture. I had forgotten about the magic window.

This park was great! What spectacular views. The great thing, and scariest thing about the chair swings is how it looked like you were going to fly right off the mountain.

YAY Ron! You don't know how many times I've heard myself say "Girl Please."

Stayed tuned for lots of pics from Benidorm!

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:10 am

Benidorm!

So there's not much to really write about for this. We had the night to do pretty much whatever we wanted, so I'll let the pictures tell this chapter of this story.
Spain-632.jpg
We were the top, but then we got some new experiences being the bottom. At this point we were going down.
Spain-633.jpg
After what seemed like forEVER on the bus, we arrived at the nicest hotel I will ever stay at and we had an amazing view of Terra Mitica.
Spain-634.jpg
We're just happy to be off the bus!
Spain-636.jpg
Freakin' Walk-in Closet
Spain-637.jpg
Most (all?) of us headed over to Downtown Benidorm on the bus.
Spain-638.jpg
This was our destination, the credit/ flat ride at Festilandia
Spain-639.jpg
Disneyland?
Spain-642.jpg
Draky, something I didn't feel needed my money
Spain-643.jpg
Indiana jones? Is this Disneyland Spain?
Spain-645.jpg
well, thee are the teacups (notice the lack of fence around the ride)
Spain-646.jpg
Off to the beach!
Spain-647.jpg
The other side
Spain-649.jpg
Beach Blanket Bingo? Is this a 50's surfer musical, is that what's going on?
Spain-651.jpg
New Sea credit!
Spain-652.jpg
Do the twist!
Spain-653.jpg
We twisted too hard :(

(One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is not the same!)
Spain-654.jpg
Almost as if someone else took it
Spain-657.jpg
"Pretend like you're going to dive in!"
Spain-658.jpg
*SPLOOSH*
Spain-659.jpg
YAY more people are here to join us!
Spain-663.jpg
Enough of that foolishness! Time to wash up and head out to other fine establishments.
Spain-665.jpg
I'm pretty sure they sold two girls one cup here
Spain-666.jpg
We found the british pub and I go to try windex! I'm now on an epic quest to find Jones Bubble gum soda and try to re-create it
Spain-668.jpg
Sand art
Spain-671.jpg
Looking down the Boardwalk
Spain-673.jpg
The last supper?
Spain-674.jpg
Some of us had a rather intresting dinner.

Some people (*cough* *cough* me *cough* *cough*) just had other people's (*cough* *cough* Lou's *cough* *cough*) yummy pizza.

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:20 am

Great Photo TR Hector! I love "time to visit the other fine establishments" segwaying straight into a photo of a sex shop.

:lol:

Great stuff. Look forward to more!

-Jahan

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:25 am

More pics from Benidorm and the Hotel and the AMAZING view from it.

Next up is a few pics from Terra Mitica the following morning.
Spain-675.jpg
Lou picks yet another fight with someone on the trip.
Spain-677.jpg
The bathtub in the room
Spain-679.jpg
They gave us robes and slippers which were way too small for my humongus Size US 13 feet :(
Spain-681.jpg
The view into the room as you walked into the door. I was FLOORED how nice the place was.
Spain-683.jpg
The view from our room.
Spain-684.jpg
The reception area.
Spain-685.jpg
From one of the many rooftops of the hotel
Spain-686.jpg
The pool, one of three, and this was the middle sized one, the big one has a man-made beach.
Spain-687.jpg
Benidorm
Spain-692.jpg
The smallest of the three pools, and the non-working jacuzzi (maybe?)
Spain-698.jpg
Playing with long exposures with Benidorm
Spain-701.jpg
Naked time with TPR!
Spain-703.jpg
Another pretty artsy shot.
Spain-705.jpg
The model of the whole complex when completed.
Spain-706.jpg
Part of the big pool the next morning
Spain-708.jpg
I really like this picture, and not just cause it's of me.
Spain-709.jpg
Benidorm hung over from the night before
Spain-710.jpg
One last shot of the big pool before heading off to Terra Mitica.

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:45 am

Wow, that really shows how amazing that hotel was. I loved it, definately the nicest place I have stayed in and I so wanna go back.
Drinking in the pool until stupid o'clock was one of the highlights of the trip for me!

Wee Sweaty Bifkin

Postby cobra_roll06 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:01 am

That hotel looks incredible! Awesome pics Hector, really enjoying this TR.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: tibidabo

Postby The Bat » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:55 am

RCFreak wrote:
THANKS! And don't forget to take a power converter to Europe!

LOL! I was just in Brookstone and saw the converter/adapter thing and said, "at least Hector had the converter!" So, I definitely learned my lesson! Somehow between the two of us we got everything charged.

Love the Benidorm pics!

-- Dave

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:19 am

FAO Dave Thomas!!

Notice in this picture-
I am wearing on my wrist a neon bracelet (unpopped), which I believe was one of Hector's awesome Elissa Bingo prizes. I thank you. ::D

"One of these things is not like the other" cracked me up so much!!!! Hector is hysterical. LOVING it. :lover:

I Love Eli Manning!

Postby coastercrazed49 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:11 am

Great Pictures.
That hotel looked awesome. Well only the best from Robb and Elissa. ;)
Can't wait to see more.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:53 pm

^^lol glad you're enjoying it!

And oh yeah, somewhere in all the traveling, I did in fact win Elissa Bingo: The Spain Edition where I got an amazing CD of random Dave Thomas music (thankfully NOT the scary kind) Some glow Bracelets (which I still have yet to actually use) and the book Ghoul by Brian Keene, which I really want to read but just haven't had the time to yet.

Thank you so much Dave for the awesome time killing game AND the awesome prizes!!

^I was seriously shocked at how nice this place really was (as well as Hotel ling bao at Phantasialand, but that's a little further down the line) and I'm glad Elissa and Robb were able to get us in there. This is why I would rate the Trips as a HUGE valuefor what you are really paying. It seems like a lot if you just look at the price, but if you look at everything you get it's more then worth it if you can swing it.

Thanks everyone for the kind words so far. This is taking a lot of time to do (500 pictures will be posted!!) so the kind words mean a lot to me.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!