MASSIVE Photo TR: Visions of my Spain trip 2007

That's it, I'm done, All 500 pictures posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Do my sideburns make you horny?

Postby BeatleBen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:53 pm

^^ Hehe, poor wittle Dave. :P But now you're 18 so yeah...
Current Coaster Count: 602
"It's all in the mind y'know." - George Harrison

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:15 pm

TIBIDABO!!!

Also known as Tibiyabbadabbado, when the bus finally made it's way up the tiny winding streets to the top of the mountain, we were told we couldn't go all the way up in the bus as there was no where to turn around. So we all had to get out and walk up the rest of the way, if you've ever been to SFMM it was basically was the equivilant of walking up "the hill" twice.

Sitting high above Barcelona, Tibidabo is a small park covering six different levels on the side of the mountain. They have two coasters, and many family flats spread about.

Montaña Rusa, which is Spanish for Roller Coaster, was built by the park, and it looked like it! A fun coaster made extra thrilling with the view from being on the highest level of the park. The other coaster is Tibidao Express, a custom Zamperla Super Express featuring a very dark tunnel and some VERY sharp turns which if you're not ready for, will slam you from side to side.

Other rides include a log flume that was fun, but gladly didn't get us wet. A haunted house/ fun house which was REALLY fun as it had a lot of darkness, a couple scenes and a lot of basic fun house stuff (moving floors, stuff you have to push out of your way and such) The plane on a stick was great. It was a real plane just attached to the tower and it even had a bathroom in there. Ed played a funny trick on Lou with the window. There were these little knobs that turned to roll them down and Lou's was right behind her seat and Ed slowly turned it and it kinda freaked her out as she could not figure out what was going on with her window.

The bucket of death gets it's own paragraph. It was really funny as the bucket you're in swings freely (think of any booster, just really slow) so when it stops to let the other end of the arm unload/ load, the sudden stop swings the bucket a bit, which is terrifying in itself. So we get up to the top and I get my pics of the view and I say "Hurry up and get on this side of the bucket so we can get a group picture before it starts moving again." There must have been microphones because the second everyone let go of the sides it started moving!

A few people decided to break off from the group and head into the Barcelona on their own, I decided it wasn't nearly enough time as I wanted and it was extra cash so I stayed at the park and just headed back
Spain-552.jpg
The Drive up was scary so I put on my seat belt incase we went off the side of one of the cliffs!
Spain-553.jpg
Beautiful chruch on top of the mountain.
Spain-555.jpg
Bucket of Death
Spain-557.jpg
The view from next to the coaster and the airplane ride flying above
Spain-558.jpg
Plane on a stick
Spain-559.jpg
"Roller Coaster"
Spain-562.jpg
CELEBRETIES OMG TOUCH ME!
Spain-565.jpg
WEEEEEEEE
Spain-565-1.jpg
Smile for the camera!
Spain-566.jpg
It's kinda like RCT, everything's on top of each other.
Spain-568.jpg
Bad Hurakan
Spain-569.jpg
While still weak, it was a LOT better then the one at Zaragoza
Spain-570.jpg
View from the Bucket of death
Spain-583.jpg
As if you weren't high enough over the city
Spain-591.jpg
I ♥ this picture
Spain-592.jpg
In case you forgot where you were
Spain-597.jpg
the log FLume adn the other ride only three of the group got to ride
Spain-600.jpg
Inside the plane on a stick. I forgot who took the picture (don't blame me! I have a horrible memory!)
Spain-602.jpg
Normal Swing ride?
Spain-603.jpg
LIES! one of the most intense swing rides I've been on
Spain-605.jpg
The view from the suspended monorail thing
Spain-608.jpg
Magic Shrooms
Spain-610.jpg
Robb tried on Lou's graduation cap.
Spain-612.jpg
Dave stole it form her as we got back to the Hotel
Spain-613.jpg
So she tried to take his eye out with her fag.

Up NEXT, a night in Benidorm

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:05 am

The shots from the bucket of death are gorgeous, particularly the church and city. Liked the building block booth with the park name on it. Very RCT. ::D

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:09 am

Great pic there Hector :)

That plane was great when Lou thought the window was opening on it's own :P

And i don't remember stealing the hat, but my eye is in tact so she must have got it back pretty quickly...

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:30 am

LOL at this whole Photo TR, so awesome!!! Makes me wish I actually remembered to take my camera with me (and, well, use it) every day on trips, but hell, who needs to when you have friends like Hector who take better pictures of you that you can leech!! ::lol::

Thanks for telling the "Lou thought the window was possessed" story... I'm not even sure what I thought was happening, but at least you didn't tell the "Lou almost got killed by a cyclist and it was all Robb's fault!" story!! ::lol::

Can't wait for more Hector, I'm loving it!!
Picture 1.jpg
Oh, and this picture/caption combination cracked me up! =)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:51 am

I thought someone got a pic on the bucket of stick a second later when it started moving.

Great pictures as always.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby The Bat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 am

Hector --

Great pictures! I am loving the report. I believe that Ron took the picture in the plane.

Lou, I must say, you did kind of freak out about the possessed window... I'm just sayin'!!

-- Dave

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby oriolat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:25 am

Aww!

Sweet Photo TR, Hector. I wish I had been on the Plane instead of infront of the control booth when Lou saw the window going down and freaked out LOL

And I'm glad you wrote something about the Wave Swingers, because I think that they are pretty damn fast too.

BTW, the Buckets on a Stick are not as deathy as you make out hahaha you just have to be used to the height and the tilting of the bucket :P

It was a nice opportuniy to meet some of you (those who came to the Plane Ride :)) though you spent little time in the park :P Well, maybe you could come back when the Vekoma Terrain Coaster opens next year.

Jolly jolly jolly jolly jolly

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:31 am

The Bat wrote:Lou, I must say, you did kind of freak out about the possessed window... I'm just sayin'!!

-- Dave

SSSHHHHHHH!!! Damn it, you guys are supposed to support me, not out me!!! :lol:

I teach at the school of donkey!

tibidabo

Postby RonFrost » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:25 pm

^^^I think I did take that picture. I had forgotten about the magic window.

This park was great! What spectacular views. The great thing, and scariest thing about the chair swings is how it looked like you were going to fly right off the mountain.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!