MASSIVE Photo TR: Visions of my Spain trip 2007

That's it, I'm done, All 500 pictures posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Off to Spain!!

After a VERY rocky start in getting over (I was the last to arrive that night wasn't I?) after missing two flights (damn everyone who jinxed me by saying "don't miss you're flight!") and not knowing where the crap the hotel actually was I finally made it! Add to it that no one was there at the hotel when I got there as Elissa had gone off to McDonald's down the street and the people who went off to Parque de Atracciones had not returned yet, I was a bit worried that it was a sign of things to come. Luckily it wasn't!

The next day promised to be an early start as we were off to take the bullet train to Sevilla and Isla Mágica. I honestly had no idea what to expect from many of the parks on the trip and this was the first one to blow me away.

When we arrived we had to wait for Robb to contact the PR guy for the park and that gave a lot of us (mainly me who wasn't there the day before) to chat and get to know each other a little. When Robb got back he said that they were going to give us ERT on their two newest attractions, their new 4-D theatre and their new spinning, shooting, pirates-peeing-on-you dark ride, Captain Balas (AKA Captain balls) They actually showed us two movies, one was N-Wave studio's 12 and a half minute "Haunted House" in 4-D and the second was N-Wave Studio's 9 and a half minute (did it feel that long to anyone else?) "SOS Planet/ PandaVision"

Then we all headed over to El Jaguar, which is an extended SLC (AKA Bonus Helix!) I rode Lethal Weapon at Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia so i had some idea as to what to expect (the helix is the smoothest part...) and I liked it, I think I'm the PERFECT height for Arrows and Vekomas as they don't bother me as much as they do other people.

Other rides include a Zamperla Mega Disk'O, A very decent flume, a splash down, heat exhaustion, and an Indiana Jones type "adventure" ride ride with carts from the Flintstones, which was really well done for the park it was at.

On to some pics including LOU all wet!
Spain-245.jpg
This was our first impression of the park lead back to where the new attractions were.
Spain-246.jpg
I'm a Rock God, Give me some candy!"
Spain-247.jpg
"We want candy too!"
Spain-248.jpg
How about a little kiss.
Spain-249.jpg
Luickily the Camera of doom was not present
Spain-250.jpg
New for 2007 4-D

"oooooooo"

"ahhhhhhhhh"
Spain-251.jpg
The themeing to the outside of Captain balls was amazing.
Spain-252.jpg
The park was built around this lake (The lake was built in the park?)
Spain-254.jpg
EL Jaguar, look out!
Spain-256.jpg
Chris really, really wanted to ride the llamas.
Spain-261.jpg
Lots of bush at this park, I guess they don't believe in trimming in Europe
Spain-262.jpg
They had some boats going out toward the front of the park and I think they have a big fountain night time show there too
Spain-265.jpg
Those Spaniards sure love them bulls. A lot of the smaller parks had a mechanical bull out for people to humiliate them selves on.
Spain-266.jpg
This look slike a postcard.

It also got you just enough wet to cool you down but not soak you (unless you just happened to be standing right on top of one of the little jets that pop up from underneath and go up your shorts...
Spain-267.jpg
Or you could go in this fountain and risk getting some sort of communicable disease from the locals.
Spain-270.jpg
Drying "where the sun don't shine"
Spain-273.jpg
Choose your own Adventure: the Ride
Spain-276.jpg
Our Sexy ride home.
Spain-274.jpg
Cutest ad, EVER!

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:42 am

Hector, those are some brilliant pictures.
I had no clue you had done so much just before getting to Europe, no wonder you looked so tired that first night we all found you in the lobby! I was tired just from our half day in Madrid.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:08 am

Lots of bush at this park, I guess they don't believe in trimming in Europe

Sheer brilliance and cutting wit. ::lol:: Beautiful pics too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:44 am

Love the pics.

You can see my shadow in this one taking this pic from another angle. It will be in my update. :)

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:00 pm

^The backside of awesome! lol

So the next morning brought us to Parque de Atracciones Madrid and as it was my first visit, I got to hear a lot about the park from those who went the day before the trip started. Again, I was quite blown away with this park as it had one of the best photographic entrances to a park I've ever seen.

As always with the Alvey's, 'Tis much better to arrive early and entertain ourselves then to arrive late and piss off the park. So we had quite a bit of time to kill and again, it was chit chat and get to know yourselves more, and they let us in to stand around some more as we headed over to Abismo and Tarántula and chatted more as maintenence finished up their testing and Robb filmed Abismo a few times we got our rides in and headed over tarántula.

Abismo was my first (and only) Maurer Söhne X-car So I was terrified of the ride, more like the restraints and/ or getting stuck at the top of the lift. Luckily on the few rides I had on it they were all fantastic!

Tarántula was my second spinning coaster besides Exterminator at Kennywood and this totally blew me away! the ride had me giggling the whole way through and getting stopped on a block up there is quite disturbing if you just happen to be hanging on the side without a catwalk.

Other rides include Tornado which was pretty "meh" for being Intamin; the log flume with that stupid timed waterfall that decided fat people slowing down a log should get absolutely drenched (Yes, that was me...); the Jungle Cruise rip-off; Spanish Small world; an old shcool Frisbee which I prefer over the gaint's as long as it has a good program, and this one wasn't too bad; and of course Deperado, which I didn't win, but I wasn't the donkey. Then it was off to Zaragoza!
Spain-279.jpg
Damn it's early!
Spain-283.jpg
A few of us headed over to Tarántula hoping it would open with Abismo
Spain-286.jpg
This was so random
Spain-287.jpg
Swan lake this is not.
Spain-288.jpg
they got Abismo open first and Robb got his footage from the front.
Spain-290.jpg
WHEEEEEEEEE
Spain-292.jpg
I think there's a coaster in those supports somwhere
Spain-296.jpg
Evil to come later
Spain-300.jpg
Backside of Lou
Spain-301.jpg
Soaked from that damn log ride and not having any idea what kind of scrotal pain would be delivered.
Spain-306.jpg
I think Kyle's face sums up the ride.
Spain-310.jpg
Random Castle and Holidog clone
Spain-321.jpg
Lou's ready to ROCK! Are you?
Spain-324.jpg
I was a split second off from getting Dave in there too!
Spain-326.jpg
Tarántula *drool*
Spain-327.jpg
The sky cleared a bit and Abismo had a long line.
Spain-331.jpg
No missing feet today
Spain-334.jpg
Excuse me sir but the wires from your neck are showing.
Spain-367.jpg
"Man I have got to remember to stop eating those shrums"
Spain-368.jpg
Good bye PdAdM!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Great pictures Hector. Even now I still really enjoyed that park and it was probably number 2 for me on the trip.

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:27 pm

I was a split second off from getting Dave in there too!

Don't know if you caught it, but there's a guy on the left side of that pic giving you the ole 1 gun salute.

Great pictures, especially of Abismo and Tarantula.

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:40 pm

^ Funny, I JUST noticed that yesterday as I was going through my un-edited photos.

Anyway, After a full half day running around one Parque de Atracciones it was off to another one very far away. The drive was pretty boring, but Robb had made a few DVDs featuring random shows (Family Guy and Robot Chicken!) and segments from previous TPR DVDs to help pass the time.

Once we finally got there, the entrance was less then stellar and it looked like a very tiny ghetto place. We all got our black VIP wristbands and they let us loose, most of us headed off to get the three credts the park had and other various random rides before having an AMAZING dinner (with wine and champagne) and running around with a buzz through the Mirror Maze.

The first ride up was Mina, which was a small Zamperla kiddie coaster and I had the extreme thrill of not having my lapbar locked at ALL on the ride. Then it was off to Moncayo which was a standard SDC Galaxi. We also rode Rameses (You can hear me screaming like a girl in the mini-updates video) Bouncy Bouncy (many praises from me here as well), their lame Top Spin (on "crazy" mode as the PR lady said they would run it, or something like that) and their Rapids ride. All in all I was more then impressed by the park in the town that was being built around it it seemed.

Another short drive over to our Hotel for the night and some time in the bar before being kicked out by the lady at the front desk it was off to Port Abentura the next day!
Spain-371.jpg
Very Plain *rimshot*
Spain-374.jpg
Little towns were along the way to dance for us so it wouldn't be too boring.
Spain-375.jpg
Random Castle... Rock... thingy
Spain-376.jpg
"Jolly jolly Jolly" was on the TV, who was paying attention to what was going out there.
Spain-380.jpg
It was very green
Spain-381.jpg
Wind Farm! They grow em good in Spain.
Spain-382.jpg
Welcome to Zaragoza, Pardon our dust as we make way for the actual city coming soon!
Spain-384.jpg
We made it!
Spain-387.jpg
The only actual coaster photo I have from PdAdZ as I forgot to take more pictures here.
Spain-394.jpg
That's me!
Spain-395.jpg
mmmm best part of the meal (I'm not a big seafood or things STILL on the bone fan)
Spain-398.jpg
Poor flash, but Kyle and Lou look so serious
Spain-399.jpg
Chadlyr and Dave are the brave ones to go first (or did I miss some people and forget?)
Spain-400.jpg
Last Bouncy Bouncy ride I just missed :(
Spain-402.jpg
At the "bar" at the Holiday Inn exress. Kyle finds this pleasing lol.
Spain-404.jpg
I think this was during euchre
Spain-408.jpg
I love when people don't realize I'm taking pictures and don't have a chance to pose.
Spain-409.jpg
i think Ed just caught on as the Beer just hit my camera lol
Spain-412.jpg
I think this is when Chris challeneged Lou to get the awesome lighter Zaragoza gave to us that was given as a prize during trivia (right?)
Spain-413.jpg
Course it just looks like Chris' trying to force Lou's hands down his pants
Spain-414.jpg
A little Matrix action...
Spain-415.jpg
...and Lou has lost
Spain-416.jpg
The last pic I took before we hit Port Aventura! It was also around this time that Dave Thomas passed out the awesome Elissa Bingo cards. I wonder who won that...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:36 am

Yes it was an awesome little lighter. I am shocked customs did not confiscate it. I use it to light candles now that Matt has quit smoking.

Nice pics.
I love how everyones pics from that "bar" ended up crooked.

Do my sideburns make you horny?

Postby BeatleBen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks for another TR of the best trip I've ever been on! Good times, good times. :cool: :b
Current Coaster Count: 602
"It's all in the mind y'know." - George Harrison

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!