TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is your favorite Roller Coaster?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2017 was a spectacular summer, riding favorites and going to other parks for my first time. I even got several rides in on Fury325 and I305, and though I rank them in my top 5 list, Millennium Force is still my all time favorite. I'd post pictures, but there are already plenty throughout the forums and internet of these popular rides.

(Maverik and Tatsu are also in my top 5).

• 2 months later...

It is so very challenging for me to pick just ONE favorite roller coaster, and not break it down into favorite wood/favorite steel...

But I'm going to have to say that my ALL time favorite roller coaster is still:

maxresdefault.jpg

There is just something so amazing about that super powerful launch that seems like its going to go on forever... and the climb up that massive tower, and the spiraling drop back down...

Sure it may be a "one trick pony" but it sure is an amazing one trick pony!

After visiting a few new parks last year I have some doubts between helix at Liseberg and Ispeed at Mirabilandia. Ispeed is just awesome from start to finish with great forces, pacing and fast transitions but I just wish it was a bit longer. Helix feels like a more complete ride with its fairly long layout and great mix of inversions and airtime , plus it was lapbars only which is cool but it's not as intense as Ispeed. So I really don't know, honestly

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow! It's been a LONG time since this thread was active... With most of us stuck indoors, and looking for something fun to do... Updating your "favorite" roller coaster could be something fun for us to do!! Anyway:

May all time favorite is Top Thrill Dragster. There's just something about that launch, and the sheer size of the coaster that still blows my mind every time I ride it! Coming in a close second is Taron. What's yours?!

Friday, January 05, 2018.

I cannot lie, it's still my home Coaster, in Playland(PNE).

And it's the (Park) envy of several enthusiasts I know, lol!

I repeat myself, after two years later.

IMG_0697.JPG.fbde6addac159a19c5847d435da55632.JPG

Last photo I took of Coaster, at the end of last summer's PNE / Sept.02, 2019.

Steel: Millennium Force. It's utter perfection, and always the one I want to ride most every time I'm in Ohio.

Wood: Since 2013, it's been Outlaw Run. God, I miss that coaster. Would have visited two or three times by now on any other year....

^ Geez, I never thought of steel separately, before. Hmmm.

I'll go with an easy one: Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park, Germany.

H_11FirstDrop_GeForce_HolidayPark.jpg.62422dc1ee9571b302b40d0ad667a0aa.jpg

First Drop - TPR 2008 Europe Tour.

Intimidator 305.

I tend to prefer rides with crazy positive Gs and whippy transitions over pure airtime. I also like height and speed. I305 is the only coaster I've ridden that does both impressively.

A few honorable mentions are Skyrush, Fury 325, El Toro, and Maverick.

Intimidator 305.

I tend to prefer rides with crazy positive Gs and whippy transitions over pure airtime. I also like height and speed. I305 is the only coaster I've ridden that does both impressively.

A few honorable mentions are Skyrush, Fury 325, El Toro, and Maverick.

I 100% agree!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Expedition GeForce, and I've ridden coasters like Lightning Rod, X2, Steel Vengeance, Voyage, etc.

It's the perfect amount of everything. Ridiculous airtime, my favorite first drop, nice location, great pacing, all around intensity, it's just fantastic. Steel Vengeance is great too but very repetitive in the second half.

Shoutout to Coaster at PNE however, deserves way more love.

...Shoutout to Coaster at PNE however, deserves way more love.

IMG_7670.JPG.0a158d1be4af855b2888f6d43c551085.JPG

Several Buddhist Monks cannot be wrong about Coaster!

IMG_7669.JPG.6f3c470ee3b22f1482b6a4b8222032f0.JPG

Even the Vancouver Police Pipe Band loved it!