Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 298: "The Steel Curtain" coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby Rill'o'beily » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:54 am

jarmor wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:S&S doesn't have a great track-record recently in terms of delivering prototype rides on time, so... good luck :p

What's so "prototype-ish" about this ride?

While it's more of a "regular looping coaster" it's still a first for S&S and Merlin's Mayhem is possibly the furthest thing from a prototype but it still had it's issues, not even mentioning galeforce which at the end of the day is just a launch coaster

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:55 am

jarmor wrote:
chickenbowl wrote:S&S doesn't have a great track-record recently in terms of delivering prototype rides on time, so... good luck :p

What's so "prototype-ish" about this ride?

Lots of new hardware and systems for them - For example, I'm sure the trains will be a completely new design for S&S. They've also never built a coaster this large. I just can't help but look back at how GaleForce and Merlin's Mayhem went... *shudders*
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am

Between this, Sky Rocket and Phantom's Revenge, Kennywood is definitely becoming the place with the most "wonderfully weird" coasters.

I think it's super-cool that they're tying the coaster together with a themed area. Looks fun!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 am

I love it! The layout looks pretty intense. I think I have to wear my “Mean Joe” (he hates that nickname) Greene jersey when I ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 am

Such a strange layout but you got my attention enough that I want to ride.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:57 am

The layout is totally bonkers. Love the theme and think it was genius to have a whole "Steelers Experience" with it akin to some of the ones I see other teams have (Wife and I did Barca FC's last year that's across from the Sagrada Familia - fun and great price of $0!) in that it is gonna draw people who aren't even interested in the rides to check it out.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Rai Fox » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 am

Several people have mentioned the Steelers paying for some of the themeing. IS that a thing that happens at all?

I'd imagine with how big their brand is in Pittsburgh, the park would have been willing to pay quite a bit to use that themeing; it's definitely going to bring a ton of locals in. The park is really benefiting from it; the Steelers are just getting a bit of an ego boost, and I'm sure a cut of the merchandise.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 am

^Sponsorship does come in the form of paying for some kind of promotion... Seems like this would qualify.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 am

Rai Fox wrote:The park is really benefiting from it; the Steelers are just getting a bit of an ego boost, and I'm sure a cut of the merchandise.

Yeah, but a 'cut of the merchandise' is probably enough to pay for the coaster!!! Sports clothing and memorabilia is crazy priced and any new outlet to sell their Steelers merchandise is worth a pretty penny.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Afterburn » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:01 am

So after Steal Vengeance we get SteCur? "I wanna ride Sticker". Sounds good.
If this was just posted in a No Limits topic, I'd be like "yeah sure, like some manufacturer would ever even consider making this". Like seriously, wtf? I love it!
Last edited by Afterburn on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:04 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!