Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 298: "The Steel Curtain" coaster announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:06 pm

LiftThrill wrote:it's a new kiddy coaster that'll put all other kiddy coasters to shame

COMPLETELY UNDERWATER!

those aren't footers in the lake! they are oxygenators!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bill_s » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:57 pm

My prediction:
Mack, 220', 75 MPH, $24M, 3 inversions, 4000'
DC Rivals was $22M US, 210', 73 MPH, 4400+' . That was a hyper but Mack has an interest in large inversions.
It would be a chance to get right KW's previous attempt to make a large coaster with inversions.

More guesses: Vekoma would seem a better fit for a budget. KW does already have a hyper, maybe the world's first and last 197' tall coaster duration 2:20?... If they weren't laying footers close together I might still have to trot out Raptor 220' with a barrel roll at 197' and 50 supports.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:54 am

Just a reminder in advance of today's announcement... Please let the announcement post come from a moderator of the forum. Rather than having a bunch of people post different portions of the news separately, we like to compile the information in one official post.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:53 am

I'm really intrigued to see what this is. Usually a (presumably) large coaster would have already had more details leaked out, but this has been kept under wraps really well. I could see this going several different ways.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Tokyo DisneySea & Adventure City]

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:23 am

I'm hoping for the first RMC full T-Rex track or whatever it's called, the larger version of the single rail. From the reviews of RailBlazer and Wonder Woman a bigger, taller, longer version of that with a higher capacity might end up being on of the best rides coasters in the world.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 am

Does anyone know if they will be livestreaming the event? If so, what platforms?
Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Wicked Cyclone 3. Millennium Force 4. Skyrush 5. Iron Rattler 6. Goliath (SFOG) 7. Lightning Run 8. Diamondback 9. Nitro 10. Superman: The Ride (SFNE)

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Mystic Timbers 3. The Voyage 4. The Beast 5. Goliath (SFGAM) 6. Shivering Timbers 7. American Thunder 8. Lightning Racer 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler (WOF)

Coaster Count: 182

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jelenp » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:44 am

Yubstep101 wrote:Does anyone know if they will be livestreaming the event? If so, what platforms?

The official live stream is right here: MODERATOR EDIT - This is NOT the official live stream. Please do not post links to other websites' live streams claiming they are the official stream when they are not.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:11 am.
Top 5: 1. Storm Chaser 2. Steel Vengeance 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. Lightning Run
Coaster Count: 112
I <3 Dollywood

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Samuel » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:45 am

The park itself will be streaming live on Facebook. The fan site linked to above ^ should be in attendance and also plans on streaming it, but the park's Facebook account looks to be the official source.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 am

I'm at work patiently waiting for this reveal!
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby PhantomNick » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:50 am

jedimaster1227 wrote:Just a reminder in advance of today's announcement... Please let the announcement post come from a moderator of the forum. Rather than having a bunch of people post different portions of the news separately, we like to compile the information in one official post.

Yeah, no problem leaving that to you guys, cause your announcement posts are awesome and polished with tons of info in one spot!! :) Incidentally, I hope I did not step on any toes here when I posted about this announcement a couple days ago! I do apologize if that was out of line or if you were already planning on a more official post about today's announcement. I was so excited I hadn't thought that they might have sent info to TPR directly!

I am so freaking excited about this announcement!! :b :b So much mystery, so much kept under wraps......and now we're just 10 minutes from finding everything out!! I have a gut feeling that (regardless of what this coaster is) this will be HUGE for Kennywood.....as in, an investment unlike any other in park history (cost-wise anyway).

As for a final prediction?? Might be a long shot.....might be me dreaming.....but what the heck, I'm going with the world's first RMC T-Rex!!! ;)
I would rather be off riding coasters!

Steel Top 5 - (1) Steel Vengeance (2) Skyrush (3) Fury 325 (4) Millennium Force (5-tie) Phantom's Revenge (5-tie) Maverick
Wood Top 5 - (1) El Toro (2) Phoenix (3) Voyage (4) Ravine Flyer II (5) Shivering Timbers

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!