Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

P. 225: Plans uncovered for 2019 coaster
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

Postby kenban » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:05 pm

I was at Kennywood last weekend and had a chance to ride Log Jammer. It is still a great log flume and even though it was only around 55-60 out there was still a line. But the trough was looking very worn down in areas. The fiberglass looks like it needs replacing and I cannot imagine how it's cost effective to do so.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Legocraft » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:40 pm

I know that it's nowhere near confirmed to be anything but when I was at the park last I asked about a new coaster and the staff man that I asked said that it's not going to be premier, take that how you want. Anyway no matter what this thing is it's going to be an insane night ride.
Is that a banshee screaming? Oh wait that's me...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm...pretty sure I never rode Log Jammer. Might have something to do with the torrential downpours during my longest visit to the park....I'll live, though, since I've never quite considered log flumes a must-ride. I'm much happier about the unique attractions I did get to enjoy at KW than I am about missing a more common one, even though it sounds like it was a winner.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coneyislandchris » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:46 pm

We are at the park today and Log Jammer has been down all day so far. The latest word is that they are expecting it to open up around 5 PM, but we'll see.

Edit: not looking likely.
IMG_9396.JPG

Double edit:
I stand corrected. It's open now and the masses have flocked to it.
That coaster dad [273] and that coaster kiddo [154]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: El Toro. Lightning Rod. Goliath (SFGAm). Wicked Cyclone. Thunderbolt (LP).

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfmman2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Shavethewhales wrote:I love how it actually goes up an actual hill after the first drop. Is this the only flume that does that?

Ripsaw Falls at Islands of Adventure does it too and Great Adventure's flume used to do it a long time ago but it's definitely a really unique feature.

Hersheypark's flume has a small uphill section at the bottom of the first drop, but it's fairly minor. Jetstream at Magic Mountain used to, but that element was removed. There's also Splash Mountain's indoor drop, but those uphill sections seem more coaster-y and less water-y.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby jslim39 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Thanks for the info /s

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Dombot » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Is anyone at the park for the final day today, and if so, pictures? :)
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby 3Mutts » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 pm

prozach626 wrote:
boldikus wrote:The comments on their FB announcement are basically nothing but butthurt. I think its kind of a bummer that another flume is going, but if its for an RMC then bring it!

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd rather have a classic flume over a new RMC. The older I get the more I can appreciate a relaxing flume ride as a change of pace from riding a ton of coasters, no matter how good they may be.

Same here, I love log flumes as they dont get you soaked and are a nice break from coasters. I was very upset when they removed White Water Landing at Cedar Point but thankfully we got Maverick. Also, if this is a RMC I will try to get down the Kennywood.
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Samuel » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:28 am

Dombot wrote:Is anyone at the park for the final day today, and if so, pictures? :)

Peruse Twitter & Instagram...there are tons of pics and videos from both fans and the park.

====

"Pittsburgh Dad" is an online comedy series that embodies the stingy-yet-caring persona and heavy accent of traditional blue-collar Pittsburgh fathers. It might be over the heads of people visiting the city today, but it's hilariously accurate to anyone who grew up in Pittsburgh. When people refer to "Yinzers," this is who they're talking about. Their numbers are dwindling as the generations evolve, but you can still find plenty of Pittsburgh Dads within the city's neighborhoods.

The man behind the series has been embraced by the sports teams and Kennywood. He portrayed Noah at the media event for the Noah's Ark rehab, and he returned to Kennywood to say goodbye to the Log Jammer:

Pittsburgh Dad's original Kennywood video (this is not merely an over-the-top stereotype...EVERYONE had or knew a father like this growing up in Pittsburgh):

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BeansproutMidget » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Samuel wrote:
Dombot wrote:Is anyone at the park for the final day today, and if so, pictures? :)

Peruse Twitter & Instagram...there are tons of pics and videos from both fans and the park.

====

"Pittsburgh Dad" is an online comedy series that embodies the stingy-yet-caring persona and heavy accent of traditional blue-collar Pittsburgh fathers. It might be over the heads of people visiting the city today, but it's hilariously accurate to anyone who grew up in Pittsburgh. When people refer to "Yinzers," this is who they're talking about. Their numbers are dwindling as the generations evolve, but you can still find plenty of Pittsburgh Dads within the city's neighborhoods.

The man behind the series has been embraced by the sports teams and Kennywood. He portrayed Noah at the media event for the Noah's Ark rehab, and he returned to Kennywood to say goodbye to the Log Jammer:

Pittsburgh Dad's original Kennywood video (this is not merely an over-the-top stereotype...EVERYONE had or knew a father like this growing up in Pittsburgh):

Saw this video making the rounds yesterday and couldn't help but agree. As someone who once lived outside of Pittsburgh (and still says 'yinzers') I can relate on a deep level.

Never did I ever think I'd see the word 'yinzers' used on a internet forum not themed/related to the Burgh. :lol:
1. Maverick
What a wonderful day to go ride a giga...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!