TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kennywood (KW) Discussion Thread

I need to buy an RMC polo and then go to random parks holding a clipboard, looking at wood coasters and pretending to take notes.

Please do this.

I second this but ask that you also wear an Intamin hat and carry a Vekoma binder to really f*ck with people.

Great. Now there will be all new dialogue on the forums..

I saw some RMC Workers at Carowinds!
I saw some RMC workers at my local zoo!
I saw some RMC workers at my High School!
I saw a RMC worker coming out of my mom's bedroom!
What kind of RMC apparel were the wearing?
Were they wearing polo shirts? Because if they were wearing polo shirts that means they were actual RMC employees.
Wait? So what meets criteria for official RMC employee clothing?
It's been discussed countless times. Anything with a collar is an official RMC employee. Anything without is questionable.

Source: God

For any locals, does Black Widow typically have a lot of downtime? I was looking forward to trying it today, but it hasn't opened. I saw it testing earlier and they almost reopened it before having us clear out of the line.

A few others behind me in line were grumbling Pitt Fall was open more and I remember hearing how unreliable that ride was in its final days.

For any locals, does Black Widow typically have a lot of downtime? I was looking forward to trying it today, but it hasn't opened. I saw it testing earlier and they almost reopened it before having us clear out of the line.

A few others behind me in line were grumbling Pitt Fall was open more and I remember hearing how unreliable that ride was in its final days.

It has its share of bad days. I wouldn't say it's worse than pitfall though. Sometimes it's just some person pulling on the harness at just the wrong time. Seems like that's a common occurrence.

I'm curious to see if the new Wonder Woman ride at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom experiences any of the same issues.

Vintheattendant and I are going this Sunday to Kennywood for the first time! I know it is the Sunday before July 4th, so it will be busy. But I was wondering just how busy to expect it to be? Also, should we spring for their VIP pass to bypass the line?

Vintheattendant and I are going this Sunday to Kennywood for the first time! I know it is the Sunday before July 4th, so it will be busy. But I was wondering just how busy to expect it to be? Also, should we spring for their VIP pass to bypass the line?

YES. It'll be slammed unless the weather turns terrible. We did the basic VIP tour which got us one ride on all 6 coasters with no wait. They're only $25pp which is a steal of a deal. The unlimited wristband which also includes Aero360 and something else is $85 I think? Which seemed extraordinarily expensive to me since the park isn't actually all that big. You can also add a single ride on Black Widow, Aero360 or something else for $7 if you choose. That's a good deal as well - I'd recommend the $25 pass and then add Black Widow. Don't skip that!! Finding the appropriate VIP entrances at rides can be difficult since signage is less than stellar. Phantom's VIP entrance is thru the ride exit ramp.

If you get there by noon you'll be able to buy the passes in-park without fear of them running out. They usually run out by 1PM IME. If you choose to buy them online, know that it must be done at least 48 hrs in advance. Have fun and post some pics with a TR (even if it's small) on your day!

Thanks for the advice. I think I will definitely spring for the VIP tour. I might decide to splurge and get the unlimited so I can ride Phantom's Revenge multiple times!

I'm interested to see if Kenny's Parkway will be taken down/shut down too. I've never seen it run but it did seem like a very practical way to get from Kennywood's top lot to the bottom.

They don't use the top lot much anymore. Even when they do, it seems that they prefer shuttles over the lift.

This is pretty random.

On Twitter, I've noticed that the park's PR account is responsive to Qs like "Hey, why is this ride closed?", "Hey, the line isn't moving here what's going on?", etc. Some parks don't regularly respond to comments and tweets, but Kennywood isn't shy about it. The social media person recently made a call to maintenance to check on Exterminator's status because of Twitter comments. It looks like the preference is just to be as responsive/forthcoming as possible.