Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Shane's Amusement Attic

Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Any Six Flags Stuff from SFGAdv, SFMM, or SFGAm?

This is a great post on all the early Six Flags parks:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=504977#504977

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 am

montezooma wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Any Six Flags Stuff from SFGAdv, SFMM, or SFGAm?

This is a great post on all the early Six Flags parks:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=504977#504977

That was from 93. I was talking about when you left Paramount to Work for Six Flags.
Also there's nothing from SIX FLAGS Great America when Six Flags Owned it.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:59 am

^ Um... You do realize that souvenir booklet clearly has a section for SFGAm when SF owned it. Right?

Theme Park Brochures has a few SFGAm brochures/maps you can check out too. They even have one from the year Z-Force opened.

The mods usually direct everyone to the park index. There's a few postcards and stuff in there to check out.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:39 pm

netdvn wrote:^ Um... You do realize that souvenir booklet clearly has a section for SFGAm when SF owned it. Right?

Yeah... Not Really. Allow me to Quote:

"Well you are probably expecting to see something on Six Flags Great America now, but I haven't found my file with all the good stuff on that park yet. But while looking for it I did come across more great stuff on Circus World which will be my next big post.

Hopefully I will come across my Great America stuff soon because that really was a beautiful park back when it first opened. Well as a matter of fact it still is a beautiful park!

Happy New Year everyone!

Shane"

Look at Page 30 for proof. 2nd Post from the Top.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 pm

He said "Hopefully I will come across it" as in, he hasn't found stuff yet. When he finds enough good stuff, I'm sure he'll post it.

He did post a great MGA update a while back which included both Santa Clara and Gurnee parks a few years ago, but that's about it. Since info about those parks from the early years is hard to come by, it's a great read.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:42 am

Hello Attic Fans-

Don't worry, the attic has not gone dry. There is still plenty to share. I just got back from a great TPR to Dubai and my hats off to Elissa & Robb for such incredible planning, organization and especially bonuses. The water park day was the sh*t!. So before we get ready to open Cowabunga Bay for the 4th season I am going to squeeze in some Amusment Attic updates. So let's start off with a look at the old Elitch Gardens and the true Twister.

Shane

ELITCH GARDENS
Attachments
twister 1.jpg
twister 2.jpg
twister 3.jpg
eg1.jpg
eg2.jpg
eg3.jpg
eg4.jpg
eg5.jpg

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Shameless plug:

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Wow, the old Elitch Gardens looked like neat park! Thanks for sharing this!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 am

Nice update Shane, as a child I was fascinated by Elitch Gardens. I had an old VHS roller coaster tape that showed a little bit of footage of the Twister (not a full POV like the rest of the rides on the tape) and it looked the most terrifying wooden coaster ever built to my 8 year old eyes. The original Mister Twister is always in my top 5 wish I could have ridden that before it was demolished coasters.

Oh and your water parks looks great, if i ever make it out to Utah I'd love to spend some time there.

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Cowabunga Bay looks great! When I next get back to Utah, I'll make sure to include a stop there, too.
Post a reply