Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 am

^ Cool to see that google map. After the park closed they pretty much leveled everything except for the parking lot, giant circus tent (Imax theater) and the Baseball stadium and fields. I walked around the vacant lot then and there was still bits and pieces of Boardwalk & Baseball laying around. Old cups, mailing material and general trash.

The last time I went by, there was no trace that a park ever existed on that site. The Imax building was gone and the whole site had been completely re-graded.
Site google.jpg
The remaining Baseball stadium and other fields.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:14 am

Shane these park histories you're doing are AWESOME! I love reading about and seeing memorabilia from all the defunct theme parks from the 70's and 80's. As a kid, I remember my parents driving me by Circus World on the way to WDW and how I wished we had enough time/money to visit it. Can't wait to see more of these reports!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:46 am

Great pictures, my only trip to Boardwalk and Baseball was in 1989. I was only 7 and don't even remember seeing any of the coasters there (probably didn't pay attention to them), except for the Zamperla Dragon. The 16 story ferris wheel was amazing and I remember the museum area and the kiddie rides (they had a cool dune buggy ride). I wish it was still around as I'm sure I would enjoy it even more now.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby distinct riders » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:44 pm

My parents took me to Orlando not long before Boardwalk and Baseball closed down, and we visited this park. Unfortunately back then I wasn't such a coaster enthusiast as I am now and I did not ride the Hurricane or the Double O. :(

If I remember right the studios at the front of the park hosted a fake tv sports quiz show, can't remember what it was called. My dad was a contestant on that show and it was filmed for us as a souvenir. Have not got the video any more though. It was given to an American family (who we were friends with) as the tape would not work in our U.K. VCR!

It's a real shame that park isn't there any more.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:00 pm

noyzz wrote: Does anyone have pictures of there face painted? If I can find mine I'll post it..lol...

I'm going to have to go through of my mom's old pictures as I remember having my face painted at Circus World. My favorite part of the trip to Circus World was the Elephant Rides.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby hootowl2112 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:51 pm

While the baseball fields are still there in the Google Earth pic, I can assure you that they are long gone now, as they are building a Target or something there now.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby airforcekid » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Target is so much better then a Arrow shuttle loop!
I dont do signatures.... but if I did it would be the best damn singnature ever!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby John Peck » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:50 pm

The closest i ever came to that park was when we passed it to go to Cypress Gardens in 1985. I remember the giant wheel and we saw the Wiener Looping, whick looked insane even from the road:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig680.htm?picture=1

Idiot.

Postby methos » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:16 pm

I remember this park. I went there when i was younger, I only got the hurricane credit due to my height. I do remember watching a game too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:23 pm

I have the same brochure from 1988 and that was the one and only time that I was ever at B & B with my folks. Great park, but yes, themed a bit different. All I cared about was the coasters and rides and I actually had more fun at this park then I did at WDW!!!

I still remember to this day, the fond memories of me and my father riding the shuttle loop! The elevator to the top was much nicer than walking up the stairs like the one at SFGA! My Dad and I must have rode this thing twenty times in just about every seat because there was no line. Talk about high tech thrills! That launch feeling was just incredible coming out of the chute!

I took my Dad on TTD at CP this past September and the look was a bit different than that of the shuttle coaster at B & B! More like, "Holy F*%k!" instead of the giddy laughter we experienced on the double loop! <lol>

Awesome subject with great reminders of all of the fun times that I had with my folks growing up! Keep up the great work, Shane!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!