Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby coaster05 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:27 am

Looked like a pretty cool place, but I can also understand why it had trouble down in that area of the country.

Either way Great work!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby MagicSpringsGuy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:06 am

It's cool to see photos of Arkansas Twister before it came to Magic Springs. I guess there's something about that coaster that parks like to name it after the state it's in :)
MY SPINE!!! :wtf:

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Jayjay719 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:24 am

Thats really awesome Shane! I never got to go, but it looked like a nice park. I love trips down memory lane lol.
I was at the first game ever at the New Yankee Stadium. 4/3/09

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:28 am

I was able to visit the park back in the late 80's, but never got to ride the coasters. ...Stupid sunburn from Daytona Beach. Anyway, it's really nice to see some of the old pics and brochures. Thanks Shane.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby noyzz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:34 am

Thank you for the memories!!!! When I use to go down to my grand parents house every year in feb. as a kid we would go to Circus World! Does anyone have pictures of there face painted? If I can find mine I'll post it..lol...Then when it change to B&B it was still a good time.....Whats about the last coaster that the park got? It was by the entrance to where all the rides were..Weiner looping or something like that...The loop went around the station. It was a fun coaster back then...........Memories!
Rollercoaster Nutt 4 LiFe!
www.djvictoramato.com

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:01 am

Any chance there's still some remnants of B&B there? It was interesting to see how close to Disney it was: right on I-4 and US-27.

Great stuff, Shane!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:20 am

Is it just me or has the "magic" disappeared from amusement parks today? I mean I look at all these old pictures you have and it gives me a warm feeling while today's park make me shake my head.

It's a shame..

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Carnage » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:34 am

dandaman wrote:Any chance there's still some remnants of B&B there? It was interesting to see how close to Disney it was: right on I-4 and US-27.

I think it's old spot was pointed out to us on our Florida trip back in October.

Basically looked like a big empty field that you never would have realized a theme park used to be.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby MisterP » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:48 am

robbalvey wrote:I never got to go to Boardwalk & Baseball. :(

I remember being in Orlando in '88 or '89 and picking up this exact brochure at a hotel lobby:

I said to the people I was with "We should go check it out" and the answer was "no, we're here to see Disney." (We all worked for Disney at the time.)

Turns out I should have just went!

Oh, well.....

--Robb

Same for me. I was in Orlando in Xmas of '89 and I picked one up in a motel lobby. I think I still have it.

Also never got to go to B&B.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:02 am

Judging from the star's location around the intersection on the brochure (both of them):

...It would appear there are still quite a few baseball diamonds visible. (Unless those are relatively new, but it doesn't look like it.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll= ... &z=16&om=1

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!