Shane's Amusement Attic

Update:1998 Fiesta Texas 10 year master plan that never was.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Too young for his screenname

Postby MixedDrink » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Love your attic Shane!
I know your attic is way better than mine!
Especially with the dead bodies and such in mine. >_>
And god said, "Let there be, Behemoth!"

"Can I get clamshells out of this ATM?"

Postby montezooma » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:13 am

MixedDrink wrote:Love your attic Shane!
I know your attic is way better than mine!
Especially with the dead bodies and such in mine. >_>

I keep my dead bodies in the basement and of course there are plenty of "skeletons in the closet"
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING
New Season, New Posts, New Logo...Old Stuff!

Postby montezooma » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:47 am

We are just days away from the debut of Season 2! A new feature of the attic will be "Shane's Retro VCR" Here's a teaser...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVmZEJYL-yY[/video]

I am going thru the files now and gathering interesting stuff to post. Now is the time to give me your ideas, suggestions and resquests, and if I have it I will make sure I get it on here.

So let me know what you want to see. (remember my files do not extend beyond 1978, I am not that old)

-Shane
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

I poop golden school busses

Postby astroworldfan1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:31 am

Can you please post a POV of Dexter Freebish/Excalibur that was at SFAW? That'll make a bunch of people happy!

-Tatum

Postby montezooma » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:08 pm

^Yes I do have that (Excalibur)
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby scruffy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:42 pm

Shane I have a better version of the King Kobra from Kings Dominion if you like let me know.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby stormrider » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:35 pm

I took my kids to Magic Mountain last week for their first time. We rode X2, Tatsu (which I lost my camera on...ugh!) Riddler, Batman, Goliath and all the others (except Superman & Deja Vu). Out of all those huge rides at Magic Mountain their favorite ride was the Revolution. And to this day if I were given the choice to ride some of the new rides or Montezooma's Revenge I would chose the simple shuttle loop (El Toro is the one exception)

His rides are not only thrilling, sleek and smooth, they are great looking too. Here are a few more of Anton's great creations from the German Fair circuit.

I went in 2003, and again this year August 2. My 10 year old cousin was scared to ride any of the big rides, but she was excited about one: Revolution. She went on it with a smile and exited with a huge smile, saying that this was the greatest ride. I admit, this ride is my favorite at Magic Mountain, along with Riddler. At night, both rides are amazing. Riddler had the roar and the feeling of the wind. Revolution swerves around in a forest, and it feels like there's alot of speed. The loop is really dramatic, considering there's a long ramp leading to it, it's really the star of the ride. And then the ride continues even after that! My cousin said she felt like Superwoman, flying in the sky, and through that loop (her first inversion on a roller coaster). Considering how awesome the ride is now, I can only imagine how great it was when it opened! Now why can't more parks build rides like this, instead of launching them or giving them vertical lift hills and what not; I don't think they need to spend 20 million dollars on a ride where the steel is used more to make a fat spine instead of more of a track layout, when they could spend half that on a great ride like Revolution, with money to spare!

After riding Viper, well...I never thought SLC's were rough, but Viper was honestly the worst p.o.s. ride I've ever been on! I felt like Revolution put to shame many rides that were built years later, considering that time is supposed to lead manufacturers to perfect their rides (excluding Intamin and B&M, who did improve their rides, possibly due to Stengel's input). Arrow, apparently, didn't learn when they build Viper, but they've finally learned their lesson nowadays and I hope their new S&S rides are built more.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:18 pm

That's a really great video. It's amazing seeing all that wonderful old 70's/80's park footage. Love the new logo too Shane. Looks awesome! Woohoo I'm looking forward to October 1!

Postby montezooma » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:40 pm

scruffy wrote:Shane I have a better version of the King Kobra from Kings Dominion if you like let me know.

I would love to see your version of King Kobra. Post the link here.

That short video clip I made 20 years ago when I was in college. I had just learned how to use a video editing bay when I put that together.
Check out Season 5 of
Shane's Amusement Attic
NOW PLAYING

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby RonFrost » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:14 pm

montezooma wrote:We are just days away from the debut of Season 2! A new feature of the attic will be "Shane's Retro VCR"
-Shane

I am moist with anticipation!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!