Nürburgring launched coaster

P. 63: ring°racer coaster now open! Official POV released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Re: New coaster for the Nürburgring

Postby Team Thriller » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 am

I'm scared to say that I wouldn't be surprised if this were one of those rides that always has some sort of problem..... cough cough like vertigo cough...

Will this ride still be around in 5 years?

--James

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Sound's like S&S bit off more than their compressed air launch system could chew. ;)
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:02 pm

To me, I'd rather see them do it right the first time, rather than to open-close-open-close-open-close for a long time-open-and finally give up on the ride itself.

S&S has the equasion right, but I think this duration of testing is just right- when it DOES go for the record, it will be stunning, but as is said way too often- "Good things come to those who wait."

R. "Yes, I still have faith that even Flying Turns will open... someday" D.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Sun May 15, 2011 1:48 pm

bad news about this one: At tests of the ring-racer during a long distance racing championship it gave a third incident... Seems that there was a big bang and a 10 cm long metal part missed a person in the pit lane really narrow.
So no one was hurt, but its hard to believe that this big S&S piece of crap will ever open (i`ve read a rumor that the other new S&s launchers have problems, too!? Does someone know more?).
It is time to discuss what is more thrilling: to ride a S&S coaster or the chance to get killed during you take a ride on one or work nearby!?

Here is the original german newspaper article:

Nürburgring: Gefährlicher Zwischenfall bei Ring-Racer-Test

Nürburgring - Die Serie von Pannen bei der Achterbahn "Ring-Racer" am Nürburgring reißt nicht ab. Bei Sicherheitstests am "Ring-Racer" kam es während eines sogenannten kontrollierten Abschusses zu einem explosionsartigen Knall. Es wurden zwar keine Menschen verletzt - aber wohl nur aus Glück. Es hätte bei diesem gefährlichen Zwischenfall auch anders kommen können.

Ein etwa 10 Zentimeter langes Eisenteil soll bei dem Zwischenfall nur um wenige Zentimeter den Kopf eines Mechanikers des Teams Bonk-Motorsport in der Boxengasse verfehlt haben. Die Sicherheitstests liefen schließlich während des dritten Laufes der VLN-Langstreckenmeisterschaft ab - und damit wurden auch die Teilnehmer des VLN-Rennens einer potenziellen Gefahr ausgesetzt.

Im Herbst 2009 hatte es bei einer Testfahrt an der Startrampe der Achterbahn ebenfalls eine Explosion gegegeben, bei der sechs Arbeiter ein Knall-Trauma erlitten. Die Sicherheitstests wurden noch während des dritten Laufes der VLN-Langstreckenmeisterschaft wieder eingestellt, um keine weiteren Zwischenfälle zu riskieren. Sie sollen nach dem Rennen wieder aufgenommen werden. Im Juni sollte der "ring-Racer" eigentlich in Betrieb gehen.

source: http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/regionales/bad-neuenahr_artikel,-Nuerburgring-Knall-beendet-Test-am-Ring-Racer-_arid,248622.html
Last edited by Kooky on Sun May 15, 2011 1:59 pm.
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:54 pm

... To be honest i have never really thrusted this one..

For one reason... That "small" overbanked kindof element just does not looks like something a coaster FASTER than kingda ka should travel through......

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Sun May 15, 2011 2:05 pm

^ the coaster shouldn`t drive with full speed through this element. it was planned to break the coaster down directly after the fast launch. But everytime they put a lot of work and money in it and then there is a new incident, this coaster is getting closer to end as a piece of crap that never will run.
Selfmade "8-Bit game characters goes to reality"-movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfPo-MKuPA

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Sun May 15, 2011 2:09 pm

I think this will be the end of this coaster, if they are smart it will be at least before it actually does hurt or kill someone
Last edited by ScottBrown on Sun May 15, 2011 2:10 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Gerstlauer1 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:09 pm

Arhhh! Thanks for the explanation! And to me that's kinda fake advertising! So you are at the topspeed for some seconds?! Omg, just get rid of that piece of SHI*!

No, seriously, that's kinda lame! But, yeah still a shame! That it did not become fame, like it wanted to stay....

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Kooky » Sun May 15, 2011 2:37 pm

i agree completly... pull down this coaster. What i read the other new S&s coaster seems to have problems,too. Shouldn`t Extreme Rusher run since last year!?
Now i`m really looking at Shangri-La Snowfield in Happy Valley... If this has big problems too, i`m woundering how long S&S will survive with such a big number of defunctional coasters (even if their layouts look really intresting). Can´t imagine that this will be good for future sales of their coasters.

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Sun May 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Its funny because you don't hear about Powder Keg having many problems, this might be limited to the bigger faster air launched coasters, but I agree if they keep this pattern up it may be the end of them, they do have quite a few other coasters and rides that are reliable though, they should just cut their losses and stick to the ones that work and work out all of the bugs with these newer coasters before selling anymore of them.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!