Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

P. 101: Flitzer to close on September 23rd
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I was planning on going to Knoebels this weekend, but hearing about this has changed my plans.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:20 pm

I really appreciate that explanation. Well stated. Yeah, if they felt it was going to become unsafe at some point, better to retire it before it gets to that point.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:21 pm

No big loss. Thoughts and prayers for those that are traumatized. Get over it!

Bring on the long delayed wooden coaster!
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:33 pm

larrygator wrote:No big loss. Thoughts and prayers for those that are traumatized. Get over it!

Bring on the long delayed wooden coaster!

That's, er, a bit much? It's not a world class coaster, but it's a fun little classic ride. After having been to the park a couple times, I definitely understand how it's sad to see it removed, and there aren't a whole lot of them around anymore. ...Are there any still around?

I appreciate the park's communication with the letter, though. I'm disappointed it's being removed, but if they can't keep it safe to operate, then by all means this they're doing the right thing, and doing it while trying to be open with their fans too. I keep finding more and more reasons to love Morey's.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 pm

^There's one about two hours north in Point Pleasant.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Won't miss it, but I'm glad I've ridden a couple of these (and, who knows, maybe one or three in the future someday). I agree that it's not the only coaster there I wouldn't mind losing. I enjoyed Greats Nor'Easter and White on my visits, but Morey's is just as much about the atmosphere, flat rides and dark attractions for me!

My first thought was that they might be more likely to put a flat ride in that space, but it sounds like they're keen on paying tribute to it with a coaster.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 pm

^ Yeah, I agree with you. Nor'Easter and Great White are the only legitimately good coasters at Moreys. Flitzer was more of a "better than expected" coaster. It was fun, but it benefitted from looking like a piece of crap and failing to be as bad as I thought it would be.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:52 am

I haven't been to Morey's since the Jet Star was sitting right across from Flitzer, which made it look all the worse since they used similar cars. I didn't even realize they weren't both Swartzkopfts.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:39 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ Yeah, I agree with you. Nor'Easter and Great White are the only legitimately good coasters at Moreys. Flitzer was more of a "better than expected" coaster. It was fun, but it benefitted from looking like a piece of crap and failing to be as bad as I thought it would be.

I feel partially responsible for this wrong opinion since I had to cut myself off (as I was like 15-20 drinks in) and leave the bar before we rode Flitzer. Had we ensured that you were sufficiently intoxicated first then you would have appreciated it’s brilliance.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 pm

coasterbill wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:^ Yeah, I agree with you. Nor'Easter and Great White are the only legitimately good coasters at Moreys. Flitzer was more of a "better than expected" coaster. It was fun, but it benefitted from looking like a piece of crap and failing to be as bad as I thought it would be.

I feel partially responsible for this wrong opinion since I had to cut myself off (as I was like 15-20 drinks in) and leave the bar before we rode Flitzer. Had we ensured that you were sufficiently intoxicated first then you would have appreciated it’s brilliance.

:lmao: No. Doubt.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!