TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Moreys shared this photo from the Giant Wheel showing off their new coaster Wild Whizzer (top left) and beer garden (under Sea Serpents spikes). Can't wait to get back soon.

Moreys.thumb.jpg.2c948796d6e90e68c349b518dd8320fb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
As far as I'm aware it's lit up 356/24/7.

When are the 9 days when the lights are off? Unless you mean 365/24/7.

Good catch LOL

Yeah the Giant Wheel lights stay on all year, 24 hours a day. During the off season they change the lights to go with the holidays - a giant Santa/Xmas tree, a shamrock for St Pattys, a heart for V-day, jack-o-lantern for Halloween, etc. Im certain Ive posted photos of that stuff in here, but I dont feel like digging for it.

Side note: Rode Wild Whizzer today, first time on one of these SBF spinners. Seemed very popular with the kids/families, and had the only decent wait in the middle of the afternoon today (only 10 minutes but everything else on that pier was a walk-on). My nephew absolutely loved it, but good god I hate spinning rides. Don't know if I'll do it again lol.

The only time the tram is worth anything is when you're tired after a long day and have to get back down the boardwalk or really anytime you want to get from one end all the way down to the other. If you're just taking it between piers you're a lazy ass because its only a 5 minute walk between Mariners and Adventure and a little less than 10 to get from Mariners to Surfside. Also you're gonna miss all the good food.

No. Tram is extra.

I asked them on Facebook, and this was their response:

[attachment=0]IMG_0016.JPG[/attachment]

Ok. I didn't try to get on it before 5 pm. Honestly the only time I really did want it was at the end of the day going from Great White all the way back to my hotel at the north end. And I was more cheap than lazy so I walked it.

Just got home from my short 2018 road trip which included my first trip ever to Morey's. Had an amazing time and kinda annoyed it took me 34 years to make it to this place. Even with my grandparents living in Jersey and spending quite a few summers at Seaside Heights. I don't really do trip reports but I'll leave a few notes.

Great White was my favorite coaster followed up by Nor'Easter. Honestly, that SLC was amazing and felt very smooth compared to any other SLC I've been on including the one at Geauga Lake. More parks will hopefully invest in re-tracks and trains with vests.

"It" was amazing, didn't make me nearly as sick as I thought it would.

The flume may just be my favorite flume ever. Really glad I took a ride on that, also I think I may have initiated my young nephews into Coasterbill's log flume fan club. Went on 3 this trip, they had never been on one before. (home park is Point)

Mack's pizza was very good, not my style of pizza personally but will most likely get it again when I go back.

And the $25 Tuesday wristband special is on hell of a deal!

Edited by WolfBobs

Great White was my favorite coaster followed up by Great Nor'Easter. Honestly, that SLC was amazing and felt very smooth compared to any other SLC I've been on including the one at Geauga Lake. More parks will hopefully invest in re-tracks and trains with vests.

Honestly you can make the argument that Nor Easter is the best coaster in Wildwood. It's phenomenal. I agree that I probably prefer Great White, but only barely.

The flume may just be my favorite flume ever. Really glad I took a ride on that, also I think I may have initiated my young nephews into Coasterbill's log flume fan club. Went on 3 this trip, they had never been on one before. (home park is Point)

Awesome! Yeah, that flume is a masterpiece.

Always love to hear of first timers really digging the Moreys vibes. After spending two consecutive weekends down there I'm already itching to get back before summer ends.

We hit Morey's between KD and SFGAdv and it was our favorite day on our trip. We plan on making it a multi-day trip next year and do a beach day and a waterpark day with night rides. Definitely exceeded all expectations we had going in.

I went for the first time last year, and I completely agree with everything you've said here. I expected to like it, but I did not expect to love it as much as I did. Wildwood is a gem of an overpriced tourist trap, and I can't wait to go back and spend far more money there than is reasonable.

We have a wedding in Cape May in a couple weeks, and I'm seriously weighing whether or not to stay the night down there and have some time at Morey's the next day. Maybe even drive up to Playland's and finally get on Gale Force, too.