TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Just a friendly reminder Moreys is currently having their annual spring sale. If you're planning a visit, check it out:

https://www.moreyspiers.com/spring-sale

Wild Passes are just $310 (over 25? Only $250)

Wild Water Park Pass only $140

Breakfast in the Sky (for 2) is only $100

70 Tickets for only $45

Going with a group? Get 10 wristbands for $470!

Well, that's an interesting question. The last three years I've gotten the "Over 25 Wild Pass" because - well, I'm over 25, and its almost half what a regular Wild Pass is, and because I go multiple times throughout the season. So I get unlimited wristbands and waterpark access all year.

Before that I would always get this deal in the spring (or around Xmas), but since I go so often I would always be reloading the card everytime I was on the piers. That wasn't ever an issue since they'll let you add as much as you want ("Can I get $30 worth of tickets on here?") but it gets expensive when considering how much I'd spend during an entire season.

Anyways, as far as this deal - they are half price tickets essentially. Moreys charges something like 1.10 per ticket (may have gone up?) so at $45, 70 tickets is a deal. I think the Tuesday deal was half priced wristbands, but I am not even 100% sure they still do that since I always have my Wild Pass and I'm never there on Tuesdays.

The thing w/ tickets is if you're an enthusiast and looking to hit everything, 70 tickets is not gonna be enough for all the coasters and then some flats. Look at the website and it tells you how many tickets each ride is. A wristband, which usually costs around $60, is definitely more worth your money if you're going for a full day. I mean, you're not gonna be marathoning the boomerang and SLC, but you'll want multiple rides on Great White, the flume, the drop tower, IT, etc etc. There's so much else to check out besides the coasters.

^Thanks, just trying to figure out the best option. Gonna be there on a Tuesday so if there still is a wristband promo I'm hoping to score that.

Definitely gonna grab my nephews wristbands but the debate is if 70 tickets will be enough for myself or my bro. Neither one of us are big flat ride guys but we wanna hit the coasters, flume, dark rides, etc. Probably 1 ride each on the Vekomas unless the SLC is as good as I've been reading. So, long run 4 wristbands may just be the way to go.

Thanks for the advice!

Edit: looking at the website I'm at 102 tickets and that's just a single ride on most things.. looks like it's a wrist band for me lol

lol edit you kinda beat me to it.

Well, do the math. The three big coasters and the flume are 8 tickets each. That's 32x2= there goes 64 tickets. Dark rides: Ghost Ship is 8 tickets. Its a walkthru but its great - only open after 6pm I think. There goes another 16. Dantes and Pirates of Wildwood are each 5. There goes 20 tickets. So now we're up to 100 tickets.

I know you said you're not a flat guy but their drop ride and "IT" are incredible. The drop is a Larson and is incredibly forceful and has amazing views of the beach/ocean if you sit on that side. "IT" offers forces I've never gotten on any ride anywhere, and the program they run on it is insane - its not repetitive or relentless, it changes, but its incredibly intense. Did I mention lapbars only? Upside down airtime, dude. Its a must-do/

• 1 month later...

Been a while since we've seen roller coaster track show up @ Moreys.

whizzer.thumb.jpg.3f76c719240dbd3b3be01e5456bb6d6c.jpg

Wild Whizzer is in the building.

Photo courtesy of Samuel in the Moreys Piers Conn group.

Mini-TR 5/11/18

I'm in Wildwood this weekend for the spring car show, and apparently Morey's is running some sort of soft-open for their main pier (hours weren't posted on the website). Only Morey's Pier was open; Mariner's was testing and Adventure was dark.

Boldy beat me to pics of the new coaster track, but here's another one for the hell of it...

576351248_DSC_04391.thumb.JPG.577ecd258a687c6281f70e0379460abf.JPG

Some other updates...

DSC_0435.thumb.JPG.acff6c11a3d65822c8e16a15b58493fc.JPG

The go-karts below the pier got a new sign...

DSC_0436.thumb.JPG.a3baa2d9364400f368978e9c69c2a785.JPG

...and a new stairwell.

DSC_0448.thumb.JPG.831018239a3a7e7c70933c71e39fdf41.JPG

New beer garden set up under Sea Serpent's lifts.

DSC_0437.thumb.JPG.32011fd70264a5468b71dd18a6c72919.JPG

Updated Pirates of the Wildwoods....

DSC_0438.thumb.JPG.20ac46dc554f24844e781cab86d3061d.JPG

..with a "No Single Riders" policy for some reason.

I asked the op scanning cards what the deal was, and she didn't know, and I just don't get it. I understand why there's no single riders on the ferris wheel, but not quite on this ride.

Anyway, the boardwalk was pretty deserted on Friday at around 8:00 PM...

DSC_0440.thumb.JPG.7550bdbbc9ecddb20ae0c7ad37a0d5ab.JPG

The new swim club at the north end is coming along nicely, but they've still got quite a bit of work to do on the pool (seen on the right).

DSC_0441.thumb.JPG.bf275dcd428569a52652c5171a30bc03.JPG

Hey, look, they started construction on the multi-pier coaster!!!!!111!!!11!1!Joking obviously.

DSC_0445.thumb.JPG.9cdc094e82ea0366521018e130557f62.JPG

Grabbed some pizza from Franconi's (sorry guys but I can't stand Mack's), then went to see if the awesome FlowHouse bar was open.

DSC_0446.thumb.JPG.eb83e3d4f0f1e84bc4c8e96705ca4a3c.JPG

It was not. :(

Back on the pier to get my coaster fix. Rode Sea Serpent in row 3 and was pleasantly surprised by how smooth it was. Then, in the absence of any other coasters operating in town, I reduced my self to...

DSC_0450.thumb.JPG.f22a3fdfc109899429b2fdbdfa06461f.JPG

It wasn't that bad without any brakes due to being the only car on the course.

Anyway, finished off the night where all nights on the boardwalk need to end...

DSC_0451.thumb.JPG.d6082a32c792dd2001bcaf2e2c7a04f4.JPG

...and back to the hotel to relax for a bit before hitting the bars.

^^^ Nice little report!

I have not been to Wildwood since last fall and was supposed to go today but I pushed it back til next weekend. I'm positively itching though - I need salt air in my lungs and Macks in my belly.

The single rider policy on Pirates is not new, I think its because (like the flume) they don't want anyone alone in there in case one were to fall out of the boat?

I'm not trying to be Mr Correcto over here, but I think you mean Mariners was open (its been since Easter weekend) and Surfside (aka Moreys) was testing? I believe Surfside was supposed to open last weekend but can't confirm. Maybe they pushed it back a weekend? According to their hours Mariners and Surfside are open today. And yes Adventure does not open til next weekend, 5/19. I'll be down.

I'm excited about that beer garden under Sea Serpent, and frankly... that there's a new credit in town.

I mean, you're not gonna be marathoning the boomerang and SLC, but you'll want multiple rides on Great White, the flume, the drop tower, IT, etc etc. There's so much else to check out besides the coasters.

Given that it was 20 years ago, but marathoning GNE was indeed the main reason for going. Our record was 25 rides in one night, before quitting around midnight and driving 4 hours home. For some reason my friend never liked Great White, so that's the one that got one ride, if that.

Another quick update...

Great Noreaster got some new signage, and no sign of the 2nd train in sight. Had a ride in the back row and I'm sad to say it's losing some of its smoothness. Still quite smooth, and nowhere near as bad as it was in 2016, but noticeably worse than last year.

EDIT: In retrospect, it's still an absolutely great ride, and the perceived roughness may have just been the hangover I was nursing from the night before.

DSC_0453.thumb.JPG.49ca7628d88468a77ad076bfcbaf0b3d.JPG

DSC_0454.thumb.JPG.980a62609a401ecef336cad7d58e1984.JPG

Took a ride on Dante, nothing new and no actors inside. Only other change I noticed on Surfside Pier was that Convoy is under demolition/refurb.

DSC_0455.thumb.JPG.18379ebd8327eec73e377a6683618810.JPG

Some vertical construction on the new spinner.

DSC_0456.thumb.JPG.a0a5177f2f86b78efd441d4ca8cbb607.JPG

And finally, the retro arcade in the basement of the Boardwalk Mall is no more...

DSC_0457.thumb.JPG.e70904c70535e3ca06673872129282fa.JPG

And that's it for this trip. I'll be back here Memorial Day Weekend.

And finally, the retro arcade in the basement of the Boardwalk Mall is no more...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo. Dammit, I knew it was coming, but I was still holding out hope that they'd figure out some way to make it work. That place was a goddamned gem, even if the owner's stance on photography was a little nuts.

Glad to see WW went up super quick. I hope I can get the family down there sometime within the next month or two. My wife and my littlest still haven't made the journey down, and we definitely need to rectify that this spring or summer.

^ Yeah at first I was like "are those lights?" and then I looked at other installations and didn't see any and was like "Doh! Its Moreys, of course they are lights!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo. Dammit, I knew it was coming, but I was still holding out hope that they'd figure out some way to make it work. That place was a goddamned gem, even if the owner's stance on photography was a little nuts.

Yeah Randy got the boot but was apparently trying to buy the building and now is involved in a lawsuit w/ the sellers and new owners - he's on Facebook and he talks about the building/suit quite a bit on his page (just search Randy Senna, his page is mostly public, and he's just as crazy on there as he is in person). All of his games/etc are off site, he needs to get some sort of game operator license to open an arcade off the boardwalk.

I love Moreys so much (news flash lol) and I am so stoked to get down this weekend. Totally working for the weekend over here.

Well, it isn't like there's a shortage of arcades (not named D&B) on the Wildwood boardwalk.

In all honesty, Gateway 26 (right across from Surfside) is easily the best arcade on the boardwalk imo, and that's with or without the retro arcade.

This "new" boardwalk mall should be interesting. Word around the island is they'll have a 2 floor arcade on the upper level but otherwise they're having issues finding tenants, and the ones in there already are more of the same-old: t-shirt, sunglasses, and other junk shops, just like before. They also got rid of the Walking Taco stand, which seemed to piss a lot of people off.

I know the operators of the Walking Taco stand. Reason it's not back? Landlord wanted to increase their rent by $15k a month.

Well, it isn't like there's a shortage of arcades (not named D&B) on the Wildwood boardwalk.

In all honesty, Gateway 26 (right across from Surfside) is easily the best arcade on the boardwalk imo, and that's with or without the retro arcade.

I'll have to try Gateway 26 the next time I'm down there. I remember seeing that arcade and mistakenly thinking it was just the modern stuff of D&B.

It is, mostly. They've got like 2 classic machines. And a TON of redemption games. Just like D&B.

Honestly the best arcade for real video games in the tri-state area is probably Barcade on Frankford in Philly.