TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Its really not terrible, I think I'd actually ride it over Rollies due to those dumb OTSRs. But I tend to avoid both of those for the most part. I did get my nephew on DW a couple months ago and we had a mostly brake free ride. I've certainly ridden worse Wild Mouses (Mice?). But Flitzer and Great White I rank highly, the former mostly out of nostalgia (and that for a junior coaster its a ton of fun), the latter because when its running at its full potential on a hot summer night with a full (blue) train, it kicks all sorts of ass with some great air down the drop out of the station, the main drop, and the drop into the bunnyhops, and of course those insane laterals. And the Sea Serpent is definitely a better boomerang (tho I hope they do eventually get the vest restraints) and The Nor'easter is fantastic now, so with those other four choices, I'm content walking right by Rollies and Doo Wopper. Would be nice if they just scrapped Rollies and put in on of those insane drifter/swinging coasters from Robbs Oktoberfest report. That ride screams Wildwood boardwalk.

^ I agree that would be a great fit. That ride was way crazier than I expected.

The Zamperla mice are probably my least favorite mouse model out there since the final drops aren't steep at all. Doo Wopper was comfortable though. Unlike the one at Rye Playland. That one sucked.

Maybe they are moving it to mariners to make way for something...

They should move it to the junkyard to make way for something. That ride is awful.

Eh, it wasn't bad, not great either. I wouldn't mind if it were removed, but I didn't find it any more uncomfortavle than any other mouse. Then again, I'm 5' 11", and those couple inches you have on me may make all the difference.

• 1 month later...

FYI yall:

Morey's Piers Annual Holiday Sale Offers Deep Discounts on Summer Fun

Morey’s Piers, located on the boardwalk of the Wildwoods, NJ, launches its annual holiday sale today. From now through January 5, 2018 the sale features a new gift option and savings of up to 45% for a season of wild rides and water park admission.

New for the 2018 season, the Pier Wristband 10 Pack includes 10 individual all day pier passes for $390, saving Holiday Sale shoppers $160. The Wild Water Park 10 Pack includes 10 individual all day water park passes for $245, a savings of $205.

The classic seaside attraction’s signature Wild Pass offers unlimited summer fun for $260, a savings of $90 from the retail value of $350. The Wild Pass consists of one ride wristband per day valid for rides on all three piers and all day access to both beachfront water parks: Ocean Oasis Water Park and Beach Club and Raging Waters Water Park.

During the Holiday Sale the Wild Pass for children under 42” tall is priced at $190 (savings of $105) and the Wild Pass for adults over 25 years old is $210 (savings of $100). Both passes offer the same privileges as the season pass. EZ Pay allows holiday shoppers to purchase the Wild Pass options in five easy installments. A $7 processing fee per pass applies.

The 65+ Wild Pass invites grandparents to get in on the thrills and stay forever young, providing those 65 and older the same benefits of the Wild Pass for $50.

The Wild Water Park Pass, a season pass for water park admission only, is priced at $115 (regularly $175). The Wild Water Park Pass is good for one all-day water park wristband per day.

Gift givers will also find an array of thoughtful stocking stuffers, such as:

- Breakfast in the Sky: a gift certificate available for Morey’s exclusive dining experience on top of the Giant Wheel. A two-person breakfast is $100. A four-person breakfast is $190 and purchasers receive a bonus $20 food and beverage credit.

- Winter Holiday Ticket Card: Features 75 ride tickets plus a booklet of valuable coupons such as discounts on water park admissions, games, extreme rides and more for $40.

- Tram Car Ticket Book: Includes 25 one-way rides on the tram for $40.

- Gift Cards ($25, $50, $100): Can be applied towards any purchase at Morey’s Piers’ ticket booths, guest services, food and beverage outlets, Ocean Oasis and Raging Waters water parks and/or retail stores. A $100 gift card purchase includes a $10 bonus food and beverage credit. Instant delivery e-gifts with a personal message are also available.

Online orders start on November 20 and can be purchased by visiting moreyspiers.com.

Starting December 4, purchases can be made by phone at 1-866-MOREYS1 (phone lines open daily from 8:00am-8:00pm), or in-person Monday through Friday from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Starlux Hotel located at Rio Grande and Atlantic Avenues in Wildwood, NJ.

Pricing does not include applicable tax or $2 standard shipping and handling fee.

For more information on Morey’s Piers, visit http://www.moreyspiers.com

No announcements yet. If anything its a flat ride. I also heard from a former employee I'm friends with they are doing something to the Pirates of Wildwood ride. But he's no longer with them and that was in the early part of the summer so who knows.

• 4 weeks later...

For those that frequent Morey's Piers . . . .

How well is Sea Serpent running? I know it was the first Boomerang coaster in the US (and I think the trains on the early boomerangs were actually Arrow built).

And I know The Great Nor'easter was retracked this year . . . . is it the smoothest of the SLC's out there?

^^They just announced it at SFGAd during Winter Adventure.

For those that frequent Morey's Piers . . . .

How well is Sea Serpent running? I know it was the first Boomerang coaster in the US (and I think the trains on the early boomerangs were actually Arrow built).

And I know The Great Nor'easter was retracked this year . . . . is it the smoothest of the SLC's out there?

I thought the Great Nor'Easter was pretty awesome this year. There's a few jerky spots, but they're not too bad because it has vest-type restraints. They're also apparently doing some more track work this off-season as well. And Sea Serpent is one of the smoothest boomerangs I've ridden.

^^They just announced it at SFGAd during Winter Adventure.

Great! Did they confirm the giant pile of coke? If they're going to do it right, that pile of coke has got to be massive.

Unfortunately they said they wanted the theming to be more kid-friendly, but I'm still optimistic about the coke pile since they could easily include it in the ride and tell everyone it's just white sand.

Morey's Piers will be adding a new SBF Visa spinning coaster, Wild Whizzer, on Mariners Pier, and will be retheming Pirates of Wildwood for the 2018 season!!

-

(you heard it here first!!)

They're calling it the Wild Whizzer? That insantly makes it one of the best coaster names out there.

Morey's Piers will be adding a new SBF Visa spinning coaster, Wild Whizzer, on Mariners Pier, and will be retheming Pirates of Wildwood for the 2018 season!!

-

I'm totally less interested in the spinning coaster, though that name is awesome and I guess we know where it will be going (next to Moby Dick) and it'll be a great fit for the little ones right there, but WTF with the retheming of Pirates? I'm a little butthurt because that ride is awesome in the most ridiculous way.

I would be very okay with both those additions, if that is indeed what they're doing. But if they're going to update Pirates of Wildwood, I hope they have a giant pile of coke.

You misspelled "sheet of acid".

I would be very okay with both those additions, if that is indeed what they're doing. But if they're going to update Pirates of Wildwood, I hope they have a giant pile of coke.

You misspelled "sheet of acid".

You got me. I don't actually know anything about drugs. But hey, I just learned that acid comes in sheets!

-

This would be the 60th SBF Group spinning coaster since the models were introduced in 2014, that's pretty impressive.

Edited by larrygator

• 3 weeks later...

I know we know this already but this a bit more official?

Morey’s Piers To Get New Coaster

http://wildwoodvideoarchive.com/moreys-piers-get-new-coaster/

It was recently announced at Winter Adventure 2017 on December 19th that Morey’s Piers will be adding a new roller coaster to their family.

For those who do not know, “Winter Adventure” is a American Coaster Enthusiasts meeting to go over new and exciting things in the amusement industry. This year Morey’s Piers gave an update on what to expect this summer.

Called the “Wild Whizzer,” it is a family coaster that will be located on Mariner’s Landing Pier. IT will cost 5 tickets to ride.

We have a few photos and a video of what the ride will look like. The ride is custom to Morey’s Piers and will have a beach theme to go with it.

The first photo shows what one of the trains will look like.

Wild-Whizzer-Train-1-768x552.png.97505c5e472fe839be7ff0aeae545501.png

Wild-Whizzer-Signage-1-1-768x552.png.ea73100fd7b794c08f16a091c3497b9e.png

Question for the regulars here.

My brother and I are planning to hit up Morey's between visits at KD and SFGAdv this summer with his two kids. We've never been before. Only gonna have a few hours to a half day to spend at the boardwalks. Anyone have any advice on how many tickets we should buy for 4 people? We see they have a sale now for 75 tickets for $40. Is that a good deal? Also, I didn't see any mention of an all day wristband or anything available. Do they sell anything like that at the piers? Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated!