Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Matterhorn can be a rough ride, but those cushions made it rideable again. I would agree that MK's Space Mountain is a more enjoyable ride, and more comfortable.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby toughmudder » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Completely random DLR question:

Does anyone know if they are going to re-paint Incredicoaster (aka CA Screamin') as part of the overlay/refurbishment? I am excited for the theming changes to the ride, but would be disappointed if they didn't use this time to give it a nice, fresh coat of white paint. The last few times I rode on it, it was really looking drab and beat-up. As fun as the Incredibles additions will be, I sure hope they go all out and paint the whole thing.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:31 am

toughmudder wrote:Completely random DLR question:

Does anyone know if they are going to re-paint Incredicoaster (aka CA Screamin') as part of the overlay/refurbishment? I am excited for the theming changes to the ride, but would be disappointed if they didn't use this time to give it a nice, fresh coat of white paint. The last few times I rode on it, it was really looking drab and beat-up. As fun as the Incredibles additions will be, I sure hope they go all out and paint the whole thing.

I would assume that if the ride isn't covered in scaffolding by now, the answer is probably not. But they could also be waiting for other work to finish.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 pm

At some point, the coaster closes again for Flik's Flyers to make the journey over. Maybe they can paint the coaster then? That is a good observation that I had not thought of before, the drab paint in some sections. It will stand out a bit next to the scream tubes.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Risky » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Why paint it white? I mean... I thought they would pick a new color being that it's re-themed to Incredibles.
Sign here please _________________________________

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:37 am

It's still the Pixar Pier. So leaving it white to keep the boardwalk look makes sense.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi all

I'm visiting Disneyland and DCA for the first time at the end of May.
Does anyone know the liklihood of Disney soft-opening Pixar Pier/Incredicoaster before mid June?

I know the official opening isn't until the 23rd, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced soft openings at DCA before.

Thanks!
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby SingleRiderCam » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:05 pm

I've watched a recent Incredicoaster testing video and it sounds like they've replaced the old LIMs with brand new LSMs. Here's the video if anyone's interested:

Favorite Steel- 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 325 3.Twisted Colossus 4.Maverick 5.Storm Chaser
Favorite Wooden- 1.Lightning Rod 2.The Voyage 3.Phoenix 4.GhostRider 5.Mystic Timbers
Favorite Parks- 1.Disneyland 2.Dollywood 3.Epcot 4.Unviersal's Islands of Adventure 5.Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I'm WAY cooler than Henry M.

Postby Lameformer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:23 pm

Here's a pic of the new Incredicoaster trains from the Disney Parks Blog website. IMO these trains look hideous. The blue/gray color looks flat out ugly and the painted on grill and idents makes the train look tacky and cluttered.
inc092384029384023984fi-624x352.jpg
Life is like a roller coaster- it has its ups, its downs, its heartline rolls, its batwings, its immelmanns, its corkscrews, is pretzel loops, its..... never mind.

Credits: 56
1.Twisted Colossus 2.X2 3.Tatsu 4.Xcelerator 5.GhostRider 6.YOLOcoaster 7.Superman: Escape From Krypton 8.Rock N Roller Coaster 9.Riddler's Revenge 10.Batman: The Ride

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:36 pm

The train has a face.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!