Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:56 am

ESRLoop wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:Does anyone know how the Star Wars lands will affect the Star Tours attractions?

At DL, as of right now, no affect. No changes planned.

DHS has some pie in the sky ideas about connecting Star Tours to Star Wars land but I don't see it happening.

How likely is it that both rides get re-themed into non-Star Wars attractions at some point in the future? What other "space, sci-fi" properties does Disney have that could make a decent motion sim ride in say another fifteen years?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:35 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:What other "space, sci-fi" properties does Disney have that could make a decent motion sim ride in say another fifteen years?

They've just acquired one of the best:

Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:11 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:... What other "space, sci-fi" properties does Disney have that could make a decent motion sim ride in say another fifteen years?

All animation but...The Incredibles and Big Hero 6? :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:... What other "space, sci-fi" properties does Disney have that could make a decent motion sim ride in say another fifteen years?

:nina:

San Fransokyo Institute of Technology!
Tigga, please!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:56 pm

It just occurred to me, and I know it's old, but they have Titan AE now. Which, by the way, is a very underrated film. Forget that it's animated. It's a damn good film in it's own right.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Bubba » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:18 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:It just occurred to me, and I know it's old, but they have Titan AE now. Which, by the way, is a very underrated film. Forget that it's animated. It's a damn good film in it's own right.

Wow I haven't thought about that movie in a good decade but I remember loving it as a child. I'm actually positive I still have the space ship with the action figures of both main characters deep deep deep in my closet somewhere.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WayCool64 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:

I could totally see a BH6 ride being done in Tomorrowland. Especially with the new series on Disney XD coming out. It's got plenty of potential, even as a possible simulator replacement for ST.
Love animation and video games? Check out my Dinosaur Planet fanseries project: http://dpfanseries.webs.com/

To serve with excellence

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:58 pm

I'd always wondered if they would ever one day do away with Tomorrowland completely. Then when rumors regarding Star Wars Land first surfaced and people suggested a TL makeover, I thought that was it. But seeing as Disney nixed that, it gives me hope that TL will live on in it's intended form. I miss those old rides like Innerspace, Mission to Mars, Innovations and Circle Vision. I would like TL to get away from space and sci-fi, and get back to future.

Though it is an 'alternate sci-fi reality', Big Hero 5 would definitely qualify as a look at the future. Which is what TL was always meant to be. It wasn't meant to be Space Land. Space Mountain at least could qualify as looking forward to space travel, but rides like Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear and the Submarine Voyage (which as far as I'm concerned is in Fantasyland) have never really been "tomorrow".

Am I crazy and alone in this thinking?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 am

I think once they have the massive amounts of cash after Star Wars opens we will see something done with Tomorrowland. I'm thinking, and hoping, just a refresh. My dream would be to bring back the people mover, but that will never happen. Also, I hope that they finally put a ride or something good in the Carousel of Progress/Marvel Experience/Star Wars or whatever it is now, building.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:07 pm

jray21 wrote:I think once they have the massive amounts of cash after Star Wars opens we will see something done with Tomorrowland. I'm thinking, and hoping, just a refresh. My dream would be to bring back the people mover, but that will never happen. Also, I hope that they finally put a ride or something good in the Carousel of Progress/Marvel Experience/Star Wars or whatever it is now, building.

They need to fix the opening to the land. Do away with the rock work, and whatever necessary reenforcements to move the rockets/Astro Orbitor back to their original platform. I’m totally with you with the Carousel of Progress, they need to move on and really utilize the space or just demo the building for something new. Hell, incorporate the Tomorrowland Boat ride area. That patch of land has been long neglected.
Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!