Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 pm

I thinking, just start with the number four.
Four cockpits, that only travel 3/4 of the wheel.

Let's say, load at 12, and disembark at 9.
This allows for such slow downs, if they occur.

Also, they may not put exact numbers of pods on all wheels.
They may have one of the four be for slow loading guests. Those
in wheel chairs but can get out of them for the attraction? Or
pods that actually have space for wheelchairs to be loaded into?

It's going to be quite something, when it's all up and running. :b
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 pm

prospekt88 wrote:
Insiders have been saying for nearly a year it's a turntable and the construction confirms that there will be 4 total. The doors open, you step into the cockpit, doors close, your cockpit moves and the next one on the turntable lines up. It's going to be a neat ride system in action.

That's a really cool concept and a great way for the cockpit to be empty when new guests are boarding. It seems like it may have similar problems to an omnimover however when the load/unload times take longer than anticipated for whatever reason. It isn't a big deal on a ride like Haunted Mansion to sit in the same spot for a minute but in a simulator type ride that might detract from the ride a little bit more. You say there's 4 turntables but any idea how many "cockpits" are supposed to be on one turntable?

Falcon.jpg

It'll be interesting if they have leave some extra time around load and unload in case of slow downs. Maybe after landing or however it ends, it'll have some stuff going on (droids being droids, people running by, etc) so you aren't just staring at a black screen? I have literally no idea how many cockpits and I don't know if anyone ever mentioned how many there will be. I think one of them drew up how it was roughly going to look but I'm not sure where it was posted.
This is at WDW, but same setup applies at DL.
Credit goes to Bioreconstruct: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/939320079145201664

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:38 pm

^ <sighs> I admit it. I'm a Fanboi of theme park construction, LOL! :lover:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby prospekt88 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Yeah I have been following those updates of @bioreconstruct on twitter and have been wondering what those circles would be for. Here is one that reveals all 4 of the "turntables":

Falcon2.jpg
You can see 2 additional turntables underneath the roof.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Here's what has me curious:

There is only ONE Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars Galaxy, and you're there to pilot it. And we can guess that Disney is likely designing this to fool you into believing there is only one loading area, because there is only one Falcon. However, we know there are 4 turn tables. But, we don't truly know how the ride will operate or how those tables work.

So, I am excited to see how the ride actually operates and is able to achieve this. There is really only 3 options:

1 - There are 4 separate tables, and 4 separate load/unload areas.
2 - There are 2 separate table groups, and they are connected. So one vehicle goes around 2 tables. This would only have 2 load/unload areas.
3 - There is 1, giant, 4 table ride with one load/unload area.

I can't wait to find out the answers to these types of questions, because its fun to think about the engineering of this stuff!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:11 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Here's what has me curious:

There is only ONE Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars Galaxy, and you're there to pilot it. And we can guess that Disney is likely designing this to fool you into believing there is only one loading area, because there is only one Falcon. However, we know there are 4 turn tables. But, we don't truly know how the ride will operate or how those tables work.

So, I am excited to see how the ride actually operates and is able to achieve this. There is really only 3 options:

1 - There are 4 separate tables, and 4 separate load/unload areas.
2 - There are 2 separate table groups, and they are connected. So one vehicle goes around 2 tables. This would only have 2 load/unload areas.
3 - There is 1, giant, 4 table ride with one load/unload area.

I can't wait to find out the answers to these types of questions, because its fun to think about the engineering of this stuff!

Ah, here's the exact post I was looking for:
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/star-wars-land-announced-for-disneys-hollywood-studios.903110/page-560#post-7912995
Everything in that post should explain everything you're looking for.
marni1971 is truly a great person with a wealth of info.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:34 pm

sorry to distract from the Star Wars talk. . but i found these pics of my late Mom, back in Disneyland ~1982, and wanted to share:
IMG_2850.JPG
IMG_2851.JPG
IMG_2852.JPG
IMG_2861.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

As part of the 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas, the Parks Blog has pasted about the changes coming to Paradise Pier...AGAIN!

Disney Parks Blog

Coaster.jpg

Fri, December 15, 2017
12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas: The Incredibles Join the High-Speed Action When Incredicoaster Opens this Summer at Disney California Adventure Park
Erin Glover
by Erin Glover, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort

This summer will bring a transformed land to Disney California Adventure park with Pixar Pier, featuring the Incredicoaster – a new experience featuring characters from “The Incredibles.” A super combination of character figures, lighting and special effects will bring the action to life as the Parr family races alongside you in an attempt to catch baby Jack-Jack! In the video below, the Imagineers creating this experience tell you more about the Incredicoaster story and how they approach storytelling on a high-speed attraction.

Experience the Incredicoaster this summer at Disney California Adventure park!

This does make me excited for the new ride. It's going to be more then just the station, the tubes will now apparently be show scenes.

Also, there is quote a bit of unreleased art in the background of the video if you look for it.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am

Looks like they've put a good amount of time and energy into re-imagining the ride, I like what they've put together! Screamin' is already really fun as is and I'm sure new guests and locals will enjoy the change.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am

I'm glad they're go to do something with those tubes on Screamin'. This change might be more entertaining than I first thought.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!