Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 821: Disneyland announces new Fastpass options
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:46 am

laqueefa wrote:Yup. Someone left my mixtape on in their vehicle, and the inevitable happened.

| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JGuy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 am

laqueefa wrote:Yup. Someone left my mixtape on in their vehicle, and the inevitable happened.

Since we're using dead memes now:

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby coasternate » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:12 pm

Going to the park for a 3-day weekend the first weekend in March. We didn't think it'd be too crowded, but we've heard that Pirates and Matterhorn will be closed, which may make other lines longer. Two questions: One, how crowded do you think the park will be?

And two, we have reservations at the Blue Bayou, but Pirates will be closed for refurbishments. Is it still worth going, and can you still see into the ride with it closed for refurbishments?
I love Disney parks and RMCs. Bay Area

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby laqueefa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:56 pm

coasternate wrote:Going to the park for a 3-day weekend the first weekend in March. We didn't think it'd be too crowded, but we've heard that Pirates and Matterhorn will be closed, which may make other lines longer. Two questions: One, how crowded do you think the park will be?

And two, we have reservations at the Blue Bayou, but Pirates will be closed for refurbishments. Is it still worth going, and can you still see into the ride with it closed for refurbishments?

The first weekend in March isn't typically too bad for crowds. You are correct about Pirates being closed for refurb along with Matterhorn. From the restaurant, you can see the preload queue, the boat launch, and the swamp area. After that, the rest of the ride drops below your view. I'd say it's still worth going, and you still have a lot of rides to choose from. Are you visiting DCA as well?
Tigga, please!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Locostitch » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:44 pm

laqueefa wrote:
coasternate wrote:Going to the park for a 3-day weekend the first weekend in March. We didn't think it'd be too crowded, but we've heard that Pirates and Matterhorn will be closed, which may make other lines longer. Two questions: One, how crowded do you think the park will be?

The first weekend in March isn't typically too bad for crowds. You are correct about Pirates being closed for refurb along with Matterhorn. From the restaurant, you can see the preload queue, the boat launch, and the swamp area. After that, the rest of the ride drops below your view. I'd say it's still worth going, and you still have a lot of rides to choose from. Are you visiting DCA as well?

Yes you are correct. Pirates should be reopening on March 16th as it will celebrate its 50th anniversary, Matterhorn is closed on weekdays at the moment but is open on the weekends. This comes directly from a cast member at the resort. Have a great weekend.

Postby laqueefa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Locostitch wrote:
laqueefa wrote:

Yes you are correct. Pirates should be reopening on March 16th as it will celebrate its 50th anniversary, Matterhorn is closed on weekdays at the moment but is open on the weekends. This comes directly from a cast member at the resort. Have a great weekend.

As stuff goes around here at TPR, I'd trust the Disneyland calendar for refurbishment info vs. the dippin dots guy :lol: As it currently stands, the refurb list for the weekend of your trip looks like the following:

Mark Twain Riverboat Closed for Refurbishment
Pirates of the Caribbean Closed for Refurbishment
Sailing Ship Columbia Closed for Refurbishment
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Closed for Refurbishment
Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island Closed for Refurbishment
Fantasmic! Closed for Refurbishment
Disneyland Railroad Closed for Refurbishment
Matterhorn Bobsleds Closed for Refurbishment
Pioneer Mercantile Closed for Refurbishment
Mlle. Antoinette's Parfumerie Closed for Refurbishment
Tigga, please!

Postby laqueefa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:08 pm

JGuy wrote:

Tigga, please!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JGuy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:12 pm

laqueefa wrote:Image

Touché.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RollerManic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:35 am

laqueefa wrote:
JGuy wrote:

IMG_3356.JPG

Checkmate?
1. El Toro | 2. Maverick | 3. Mako | 4. NTAG | 5. Nitro

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby coasternate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:18 pm

laqueefa wrote:

Yes, I will be visiting DCA as well. I'll probably be spending most of my time at Disneyland, however, especially with no Tower of Terror. I'm looking forward to seeing the Star Wars Land construction!
I love Disney parks and RMCs. Bay Area

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!